What is the Obsidian Weapons intended effect?

dagneyandleo.6378

So... I'm pretty certain they're bugged, but I don't know the exact intended effect to submit a bug report. From what I can tell, they generally change when crossing a border or flipping an objective. But not to the "right" colors most of the time. And it doesn't seem on a set timer either. I'll have video to kind of show what's happening later today but, well, it's kinda weird for now.

Are they supposed to change? If so, in what manner? :/

And for anyone who judges me: I will use my shinies however I kitten well please. :P

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

@McKenna Berdrow.2759 said:They change color depending on what team you are on. The color change is not tied to territories.

WHat exactly does this mean?Cus my shield changes colour all the time when wielded

Ditto - My shield is changing color almost every minute. I'll post a vid when I'm back on my main computer.

Guess I'll just build around the green then lol. :D Or try to convince BG to tank so I can see the other colors lol. I wish it were built around territories or maps for variety but oh well. :) I look ridiculous with it, but I'm a happy ridiculous. :D

• ArenaNet Staff

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

@McKenna Berdrow.2759 said:They change color depending on what team you are on. The color change is not tied to territories.

WHat exactly does this mean?Cus my shield changes colour all the time when wielded

In WvW, PvP, or PvE?

While you are in WvW it should be only 1 color, your team color, for example it should be green if you are on Blackgate right now. If it is changing ever minute in WvW that is a bug.

@McKenna Berdrow.2759 said:

In WvW, PvP, or PvE?

While you are in WvW it should be only 1 color, your team color, for example it should be green if you are on Blackgate right now. If it is changing ever minute in WvW that is a bug.

In WvW - All maps from what I can tell. The shield skin. I'll ask in team chat to see if I can find people with the other skins, then edit this post.

• ArenaNet Staff

@dagneyandleo.6378 said:

In WvW, PvP, or PvE?

In WvW - All maps from what I can tell. The shield skin. I'll ask in team chat to see if I can find people with the other skins, then edit this post.

Thanks for the info! We will look into it.

@McKenna Berdrow.2759 said:

In WvW, PvP, or PvE?

Yep, as Dagne said in WvW, all maps. Seems to be very inconsistent. BUt SInce the patch launched I've had all three colours atleast once. And I'm red. (gandara)

can u guys stop answering the facepalm threads..? all you do is encourage low effort posting and thinking.he can literally find the answer to his own question in the patchnotes or by asking ingame...or really do any research at all into the weapons.

cmon, stop wasting time.

@Cerby.1069 said:

can u guys stop answering the facepalm threads..? all you do is encourage low effort posting and thinking.he can literally find the answer to his own question in the patchnotes or by asking ingame...or really do any research at all into the weapons.

cmon, stop wasting time.

So they can answer posts by people too lazy to look up world linkings on their own?

@Cerby.1069 said:

cmon, stop wasting time.

The thread and the posts after were made due to confusion whether the colour changing were intended or not. It seems the devs werent informed about the issue before this thread were made, so the only thign worthy of a facepalm is infact your post..

I would say their intended effect is to horrify anyone looking at such terrible designs. Goes to show that if you can earn it in game, it can't possibly look good, lol.Case in point - Obsidian released and wow, I admit that the design is so bad and it made me so mad that they made a mockery of WvW AGAIN that I am taking a week off the game, yet in stark contrast, the new BL set was clearly meticulously made and looks spectacular, How about stop giving us the budget crap designs, and return the team to making nice things for in game and not cash shop. The level of greed is extraordinary, I miss gw2 when it first started and devs actually cared about the game.

so i am on all teams??? my staff keeps fleeping from blue red and green i even tough it was affected by players dyes >_> near me.

P.S shield positioning on the arm and its size felt wrong as well, and should be a tower shield, or a round bucklet.

Archived