Wintersday Jumping Puzzle: Mad King Clock Tower Effect Request

It's very difficult to time jumps and see where you are when other players render in and are on huge charr or norn which swallow my character when im jumping with them. im missing my jumps because i cant see the floor im on to know when to jump, can we please give all toons of other players the mad king clock tower effect (wispy)

TL:DR - i want the mad king clock tower effect on other players so i can see where i am going.

As much as I agree with you OP, I think being able to see other peoples characters characters adds more to the experience than sometimes missing a jump because Nornal Mcdonald is on top of you.

Some people actually go out of their way to make neat outfits for the JP which is cool too.

Ad for Charr players, how in gods name they manage to beat JPs with a character that runs on all fours is beyond me. How the heck can they tell where the characters actually standing when the model is spread out almost horizontally along the ground?

I get the issue, and it's not fair for me to get better since I know I can actually do the jumps without being able to see my character. Also, it's hard to get good when you can't see what you're doing to even see what you're doing wrong. I understand that the MKCT effect is really nice, but I really enjoy being able to see the other people making the run. It's kinda fun to play solo, but it's also fun to race, and I've never been able to keep track of those glow balls. If there was a way to make this a setting, that would be awesome.

Oh please, I would love to have this in the Wintersday JP as well. I don't have an issue with it on any path, but when a fatass charr is in close proximity to me I have trouble seeing my character and die every single time. And you can't wait for them to pass you, because if you do then that DoT gets you and you have to start over anyway.

Fully support OP request! I already said exactly that in another thread about that JP.

For the snowflakes part, when it is hidden by others, that can be really annoying to go blind. In most cases, I stop a little bit to let others go front, or I am taking over depending how fast they are, but in both cases, that's additional risk for failure and in the hard path, there is no real need for that. :/

I disagree, I personally think having other players obscuring your sight is part of the challenge (yes. the old "it's not a bug, it's a feature"). To me it is part of the fun and feels like I'm playing with the community.If the other players were to be turned into orbs, I would be annoyed it is a solo-instance-but-still-multiplayer inbetween weirdness as I feel with the clocktower now.

Best solution would be to make it optional or toggleable, but I don't know how easy it would be to implement.

And since we now don't have that reset timer that makes everyone to go at the same time from before, you have the choice to go when it is most benificial to you.

The other day I saw a player do the JP without any armor on, and it made me wonder if that could be an effective way of reducing the size of norms and charrs that seem to cover entire jumping platforms. Similar to how players are transformed into their default bikini/swimsuit when donning diving goggles. As lovely as outfits are, some of the norns and charrs I see are doubled in size just from the outfits they're wearing. Maybe this would be an easier solution to implement.

@"Bad Wolf.3541" said:The other day I saw a player do the JP without any armor on, and it made me wonder if that could be an effective way of reducing the size of norms and charrs that seem to cover entire jumping platforms. Similar to how players are transformed into their default bikini/swimsuit when donning diving goggles. As lovely as outfits are, some of the norns and charrs I see are doubled in size just from the outfits they're wearing. Maybe this would be an easier solution to implement.I did notice that a Charr in a trenchcoat was significantly harder to jump near compared to one that had a tight-fitting outfit. I would find an underwear mode to be mildly amusing, especially if a golem said "Public speech mode enabled. Now picturing everyone in their underwear" when toggling it. Although I can agree with others that it's nice to see players in their outfits too. So an option would be ideal, but anything would be welcomed.

I got used to it. Muscle memory serves well with this. Regardless, while annoying, it's only a minor annoyance. Whether or not they do it remains to be seen, but won't personally bother me if they don't. Was easy enough to get good at it, even with the visual distraction of large characters.

I've done the puzzle so many times, that even the tallest, fattest norns (wearing the bulkiest outfit they can) don't make me fall.That being said though, a good number of those players ARE doing it to troll the hard path. I don't care what other players are wearing or what they look like. But, I should at least be able to see the snowflakes to do the puzzle and a lot of people are purposely playing toons that prevent you from even seeing the platforms.

Since the programming is already in the game, there isn't a good reason to not make other players look like the wisps they do in the Clock Tower.

Yes, this would be great. Well, that light thingy would be too boring, maybe they could use somekind of fun looking same-sized wintersday transformations? Like... plush griffons carrying presents on their back? ;)I'm always doing JP with my asura (which I keep specifically for Wintersday event), so that it would be more comfortable for other players to do it. Unfortunately, not all people care about others comfort as much as I (and many others, thankfully) do. Some are even using this this to troll.

@Maybe.7180 said:Yes, this would be great. Well, that light thingy would be too boring, maybe they could use somekind of fun looking same-sized wintersday transformations? Like... plush griffons carrying presents on their back? ;)I'm always doing JP with my asura (which I keep specifically for Wintersday event), so that it would be more comfortable for other players to do it. Unfortunately, not all people care about others comfort as much as I (and many others, thankfully) do. Some are even using this this to troll.

Aw yess, replace all other players with Wintersday Miniatures!

Archived