WINTERESDAY! Where is all the snow?

LadySwan.8751

I absolutely LOVE logging into gw's around this time of year to enjoy myself a truly SNOW WHITE Christmas...but ...there's no snow this year? The ground is .....barely covered, just ...sprays and frost on the ground of snow...no actual CRUNCHING good snow...makes me a little depressed to be honest? The real world winters where I am already feel warmer with each passing year and well...idk i just looked forward to that.THE SNOW falling from the sky is AMAZING<3 great touch i love how it covers the whole city....the lack of snow on the ground? Depressing.

....Can we get that snow back please QAQ ?

I feel ya. Where I live, snow has become far too rare as well and we've had only one "real" winter in the new milennium. So I pretty much have to satisfy my snow-cravings through games. :p Sad replacement though that is. The Shiverpeaks zones are fantastic, though the presence of the dredge always put a damper on my enthusiasm for them. But DR looks better this year than in previous years, even with no snow on the ground.

OP, I understand. I used to be like you, before I moved to where I live now. I grew up somewhere where if there was a millimetre of snow it was a snow day, school was cancelled, etc. Now I can have anything up to half of the year with the stuff and it's really not all it's cracked up to be (feel free to cue the "Winterfell" music). sniff

It's outside my house, right now. "Oh, you wish to put your rubbish in your outside bin? No. The lid has a foot of snow on it and is actually frozen closed. :p "

That said, in-game it should have a little more prevalence for festive reasons. And really, I know it's supposedly more a human-centric thing, but would it really hurt to have the Wintersday base in Hoelbrak instead? The place has no love and could use some.

@LadySwan.8751 said:WINTERESDAY! Where is all the snow?

In my front yard i'm willing to share just pay shipping and I promise no yellow snow. lol

Though it would be cool to see a full tyria white out atleast once though, not sure how hard it would be to implement. Sure might not seem logical in the desert if it was real life, but rpgs even gw is a fantasy realm or world. Nothing logical about fantasy if it was logical with a fantasy they wouldn't be a safe word and some people would be in prison lol.

Merry christmas to yaz.

Don't really want to see more snow.But, as long as I don't have to shovel it, I am willing to tolerate it for the people who actually want it.

@Menadena.7482 said:Me grateful there is snow at all. On the mac client it is a lime green where snow should be.

I'm on Mac, seeing white patches of magic snow. Maybe because I'm still clinging to Yosemite, as every OS upgrade seems to add more problems. Someone needs to remind Apple that they made their name by being easy to use. Windows seems to have the same feature bloat issue.

@TEKnowledgy.1760 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:There’s lorewise no snow. All snow in DR is magic-made by Tixx.Tyria doesn’t have seasons, its a perpetual september throughout the world 24/7/365

Lorewise we shouldn't be wearing trench coats on 90% of medium armor or male dresses on heavy armor there is alot of nonlorish things in this game lol.

Lorewise the greatswords are ridiculous as well.And im saying that as someone who trains in arms

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Don't really want to see more snow.But, as long as I don't have to shovel it, I am willing to tolerate it for the people who actually want it.

@Menadena.7482 said:Me grateful there is snow at all. On the mac client it is a lime green where snow should be.

I'm on Mac, seeing white patches of magic snow. Maybe because I'm still clinging to Yosemite, as every OS upgrade seems to add more problems. Someone needs to remind Apple that they made their name by being easy to use. Windows seems to have the same feature bloat issue.

Actually, someone needs to tell anet that most home users now upgrade their OS pretty often. Even if they only do it when they upgrade machines that is, what, maybe every 5 years?

Archived