Merciful Intervention

Loop.8106

With the release of firebrand, Mecriful Intervention finally got some much needed spotlight. It gave Firebrands a form of mobility which they severely lacked in their original kit.Firebrand before this patch was probably the strongest resurector, tied with druid due to its Mantras.Firebrands were also incredibly strong sustain-wise before this and was a must-have against all the Scourges running rampant. With the Scourge nerf (which we will see how it turns out) most people (me included) was expecting a tone-down on Firebrand aswell.

This patch gave us a skill no other guardian spec but Firebrand uses a HUGE buff. The fact that this skill can be used while ressing makes it even stronger. A buff Firebrand did NOT need.

This is coming from someone that dearly loves Guardian and that comes with it. This however, is just too much though.

I do like the buff to F2 #4. I would however nerf the f2 #1 spam to compensate.

In order for this to actually be constructive, my advice for Firebrand would be as follows; Nerf the outgoing healing of F2 #1 by 25%.Revert the Merciful Intervention buff.Give a 1 second cooldown to every auto-attack on tomes.Buff the f3 #2 (the taunt) to 3 seconds.

"Dear players, buy PoF, win game!!!" - this is what i read from patch.Best in slot spec for guard? Buffed.Best in slot spec for mes? Remained untouched/buffed (depending on what you run).They actually stealth "fixed/nerfed" core eles and thieves with camera/movement change. But hey, underwater weapon got a buff xD

@Chaith.8256 said:Buffing the best in slot (by a large margin) support. If they sprinkled buffs at random it would probably be better.

Why not make a Tempest or Ventari Rev utility revive 20% instead? Seems like blatant free passes given to Guardian and Mesmer this patch.

I get the impression that Anet's patches are always 1 meta behind the current meta. It wasn't too long ago that Merciful Intervention was considered a trash skill. Also see Anet nerfing Deathly Chill in WvW after Scourge was introduced.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:Buffing the best in slot (by a large margin) support. If they sprinkled buffs at random it would probably be better.

Why not make a Tempest or Ventari Rev utility revive 20% instead? Seems like blatant free passes given to Guardian and Mesmer this patch.

I get the impression that Anet's patches are always 1 meta behind the current meta. It wasn't too long ago that Merciful Intervention was considered a trash skill. Also see Anet nerfing Deathly Chill in WvW after Scourge was introduced.

That nerf on Deathly Chill = GUYS REAPER IS A POWER SPEC NOW, SO YOU CAN EITHER EQUIP SOME POWER STATS OR BUY PoF IF YOU WANT TO PLAY CONDI. GOGO

Archived