The MAIN PROBLEM with PETS

Dragonzhunter.8506

I don't know if anyone talk about this problem before or not, but I think it is the time for ANET to fix it.The main and one of the big problem (at least for open space like world vs world) is the fact our pets are running almost all time behind us in a 100-300-900 range.Because of this in all engagement of the enemies it's happen :

1. When you use F1 for engage the enemy, our pet lose 2-3 or more seconds till he reaches you (this is stupid) and after that another seconds till he rich the enemy
  2. If you use "Sick' Em!" even he should be faster with 40% more, he still must lose those 2-3 or more seconds till reaches you and he almost run with normal speed (no way with +40%) till he reaches the enemy (in most of the cases he don't because these days all classes run faster than our pets!!!! dummmm!!! yes, everybody run faster than our pets).

@Anet can you please, please, please fix this stupid thing?

PS: I use Smokescale for intercept the enemies in WvW ... and he always running behind me, and rarely he can reach someone if his Smoke Assault is on CD. I think the same problems have all pets.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a lot wrong with the pets, but that's just AI in most games they are mhe.I do feel pets AI is handled lovely compered to what I have seen about, I mostly don't like CD bug on pets in soul beast mode Stops me from pet weaving.But when comes down to run range of the pet Yeah totally agree it needs to be shooter when its running next to you. I am also not fan of the speed that they do run at when chasing down a enemy.

@"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:I don't know if anyone talk about this problem before or not, but I think it is the time for ANET to fix it.The main and one of the big problem (at least for open space like world vs world) is the fact our pets are running almost all time behind us in a 100-300-900 range.Because of this in all engagement of the enemies it's happen :

1. When you use F1 for engage the enemy, our pet lose 2-3 or more seconds till he reaches you (this is stupid) and after that another seconds till he rich the enemy
  2. If you use "Sick' Em!" even he should be faster with 40% more, he still must lose those 2-3 or more seconds till reaches you and he almost run with normal speed (no way with +40%) till he reaches the enemy (in most of the cases he don't because these days all classes run faster than our pets!!!! dummmm!!! yes, everybody run faster than our pets).

@Anet can you please, please, please fix this stupid thing?

PS: I use Smokescale for intercept the enemies in WvW ... and he always running behind me, and rarely he can reach someone if his Smoke Assault is on CD. I think the same problems have all pets.

But wait!

Necro and Mesmer 'pets' seem to have no problem going ahead and staying near their owners.

Hmmm.... a purposeful bad pathing.

We've been saying it forever. Waiting for the 'equality' we've been promised.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:Agreed. Sadly, our two pets that can hit consistently (Smokescale and Bristleback) have gotten nerfed also consistently because they can hit players just as consistently . . . if that tells you anything.

Still two of the vest pets despite the nerfs. Giving other pets this reliability would atleast make them more viable.

Archived