Hi,im a returning player havent got a clue what to do now.Need some guidance.

Goras.4687

I used to play this game on release,but PvP exclusively.Quit after new months,but since then the game has changed a lot.Now I'm back and I don't have any 80 level character.What is the main focus of the game?Is it PvP,is it PvE now?The PvE aspect of the game is tottaly alien to me in this game.I would like to try the PvE,but since I haven't got a clue I'm terrifield.

I am also returning after a while but not as much as you. Been away for a year or so ever since getting burned out of Hearts of Thorn.Well, for pvp you don't need to level a character to 80 as you automatically get max level with all skills/traits unlocked for pvp. You can look up the best builds, pick up your favorite profession and start playing pvp again without having to worry about anything else, its an option.But personally, i would get a character to 80 first and then play through the story and get into Hearts of thorn (assuming you own the expansion) and start earning those masteries. It will take some time, new maps are fun (not like boring orr) and you can enjoy the story without doing only pvp all the time. If you feel like you don't want to spend time leveling a character again then you can always use instant level 80 black lion ticket from the gem store which costs 2000 gems that you can buy with real money or use your gold to trade into gems (assuming you already got a lot of gold).

The main focus of this game has always been and always will be, PvE.

I recommend if you want to get into PvE content, that you level a character from scratch, pay close attention to how your skills behave (Are they a leap skill, are they a blast finisher ect.) choose an easy class to level and see all the PvE content, such as a Guardian/Warrior/Ranger/Necro one of those would be my suggestion. Once you reach the required levels of dungeons, I would suggest you do the story mode for each one of them, don't skip cutscenes and read dialogue. Visit websites like www.metabattle.com to get an idea of builds to use, if you don't have the expansions, I would HIGHLY recommend you buy both, not only does this give you access to elite specializations but numerous other areas of the game for you to explore and enhance your enjoyability.

If you have any other questions, or what someone to guide you, feel free to whisper me in-game.

Archived