How many characters do you have World Completion on?

Cyrin.1035

Whether World Comp is fun for you or a chore... or both... how many characters have you actually completed all of world comp on?

*By world comp we are only talking about the core Tyria maps that earn you the large star badge, the title "Been There, Done That", and two Gifts of Exploration. If you do ALL maps including Living World, HoT, PoF, and beyond, let us know. That is quite the achievement.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 as of right now have 100% map completion. My next closest is about 48% or some such. I do plan on eventually getting her to 100, but I'm probably stopping at my third for the foreseeable future. Of those 2, my main has 100% in HoT LWS3 and PoF maps. I've just been slacking on Daybreak right now, I haven't stepped foot into Istan yet.

Just one, and even on that character I only did it recently, specifically earlier this year. I have zero interest in legendaries until they release a legendary skin that I just HAVE to have and that's worth all the stuff you need to do in my eyes (they haven't yet). So I've never really had much of a reason to get full map completion on a single character. I mean, if you combine my characters I would have had map completion years ago, but since I have multiple characters I try to play somewhat equally I just never really bothered getting everything on a single one. I only decided to do it this summer because I was in a bit of a lull of things to do and decided it'd be nice to finally get the star and title. Plus I think I needed a couple more Tyria mastery points, and this was before they added that group of open-world communes so my options were limited.

I'll probably never do it on another character. Not that I don't like exploration, because I do. Its just that doing it all on one character isn't really my thing, I'm more a "jump between characters" type.

7 so far, working on the 8th (57% done, hoping to finish by Christmas or at the very least New Year's) and I have a new character I'd like map completion on eventually too. I've actually finished three world completions since mounts were added to the game. Granted all three characters were > 50% already, but mounts definitely made the ordeal so much easier!

I like to get 100% completion for the characters that are the most special to me. I just like the idea of a little star next to their name.

All but one of my level 80 characters have full central Tyrian map completion, all 34 of them (and I'm almost done with #35).

@Westenev.5289 said:This is a conscious choice - many of my characters hang on 90%+ world completion, and have most waypoints unlocked. The issue is that I just don't want to have to store all of the Exploration Gifts, as I have no plans for any T1 legendries.For the record, they stack. Also you can vendor them.

32+ characters.0 with 100% completion.1 sitting at ~96% since long before they removed the ridiculous WvW exploration requirement.

1) I have no interest in any of the legendary appearances (any of them) as I do not find them even slightly ok looking, let alone any that I would be willing to actually use over many other choices just to have footfall effects.

• I'm disappointed that the footfall effects are tied to the skin and not to the item. Very poorly designed in my opinion. I'd love to have the Frostfang footfall effects, but I dislike the Frostfang design that I'd be forced to use to have them. However, I do love its precursor skin (Tooth of Frostfang?). I'd craft it if I could put the precursor skin (or any other skin) on the legendary weapon item and retain the footfall effects just as the stat-swapping remains when transmuted. There is no reason for the footfall effects to be tied to the weapon skin and not the weapon item itself.

2) I have no need for stat-swapping.

• I do not keep multiple sets of weapons with different stats and my style of play involves using just the one stat set that I enjoy using regardless of the situation.

3) I really dislike the Orr areas (enemies and aesthetics) and have no interest in finishing the personal story that would require me to proceed further into them. I only made it some of the way through those areas and have no interest in fully exploring the rest of it.

• I already know the personal story has a really silly, cheap, boring and poorly-written ending - not interested in wasting my time on it any more, so no need to force myself through that place to finish it.

4) I have no interest in the 'Been there, done that' title.

• I would never use it, on any character, ever.

5) Achievements and achievement point are meaningless to me.

• I'm guessing there is an achievement that awards that exploration title as well as personal story achievements I'd also finish. I don't care if I am only an hour of exploration and a bit of story away from getting how ever many points that would get me.

edit:6) I forgot about that silly star badge. I have no desire for such a thing to be on my name plate.

• I'm annoyed I can't hide the PvP badges forced for me to see on other people even while in PvE areas, I'm not keen on making it so others would be forced to see a comparable badge on me.

@StinVec.3621 said:32+ characters.0 with 100% completion.1 sitting at ~96% since long before they removed the ridiculous WvW exploration requirement.

1) I have no interest in any of the legendary appearances (any of them) as I do not find them even slightly ok looking, let alone any that I would be willing to actually use over many other choices just to have footfall effects.

• I'm disappointed that the footfall effects are tied to the skin and not to the item. Very poorly designed in my opinion. I'd love to have the Frostfang footfall effects, but I dislike the Frostfang design that I'd be forced to use to have them. However, I do love its precursor skin (Tooth of Frostfang?). I'd craft it if I could put the precursor skin (or any other skin) on the legendary weapon item and retain the footfall effects just as the stat-swapping remains when transmuted. There is no reason for the footfall effects to be tied to the weapon skin and not the weapon item itself.

• I do not keep multiple sets of weapons with different stats and my style of play involves using just the one stat set that I enjoy using regardless of the situation.

3) I really dislike the Orr areas (enemies and aesthetics) and have no interest in finishing the personal story that would require me to proceed further into them. I only made it some of the way through those areas and have no interest in fully exploring the rest of it.

• I already know the personal story has a really silly, cheap, boring and poorly-written ending - not interested in wasting my time on it any more, so no need to force myself through that place to finish it.

• I'm guessing there is an achievement that awards that exploration title as well as personal story achievements I'd also finish. I don't care if I am only an hour of exploration and a bit of story away from getting how ever many points that would get me.

edit:6) I forgot about that silly star badge. I have no desire for such a thing to be on my name plate.

• I'm annoyed I can't hide the PvP badges forced for me to see on other people even while in PvE areas, I'm not keen on making it so others would be forced to see a comparable badge on me.

You can hide pvp badges - there's should be a tickbox for it in the PvP pannel.

None. Never did it way back when because it was next to impossible to get the WvW ones, and some maps are just a pain to go through. I have a few characters so I don't like going through the exact same content over and over. I honestly really hate having to constantly unlock the same zones I've already been through.

@Westenev.5289 said:

@StinVec.3621 said:32+ characters.0 with 100% completion.1 sitting at ~96% since long before they removed the ridiculous WvW exploration requirement.

1) I have no interest in any of the legendary appearances (
any
of them) as I do not find them even slightly ok looking, let alone any that I would be willing to actually use over many other choices just to have footfall effects.

You can hide pvp badges - there's should be a tickbox for it in the PvP pannel.

Oh, thank you very much for informing me of that! I'll try to locate it as soon as I log in tomorrow.

I often see others make mention of their dislike for these badges being forced to be seen.I'm glad I can spread this knowledge to others in the future due to your taking the time to share it with me. Thank you!

EDIT:Unfortunately there is no such option anywhere in the PvP panel I could find to disable the showing of these badges. :\Thank you for trying to help anyway.

I recently took a short break from doing World Comp to work on WvW legendary armor... But i use to run a thief over and over again( creating and deleting everytime i finished), moving my ascedant set of gear between each new-made thief... Done it close to about 20 times and have simply liquidated the Gift of exploration (gift of mastery) into legendaries to sell. It's a pretty nice gold rate + run of BL keys when you know the routes, and mounts had shed off a few hours.

Archived