Mechanics Questions

arenta.2953

So i'm building my characters (Reaper that relies on vamperism and condition removal. and deadeye that relies on hp from crits, and stealth to remove conditions and heal more)

and i'm starting to wonder about what i should be putting on armor. this is for PvE primarily.

My initial opinion was for Reaper to go full Soldier. Power, toughness, vitality. (basically be a bunker, switching between hp and shroud to continually recover the other)and Deadeye to go Precision, power, toughness. (high dmg fast, but also durable to survive being targetted by the AoE spam/knockdown spam ANet seems to be flooding every minion with)

but recently i hear that a higher toughness, leads to a higher aggro. i'm also unsure as to at what point i should stop toughness, and start to focus on ferocity to help crit dmg...or vitality to buffer the armor more.

So i'm looking for advice for what kind of armor type, or type combination i should put on Deadeye, as well as runes or gems (i've looked at runes..but i'm wondering if gem's higher bonus to stats is better to go with?)

and wondering if focusing on soldier on Necro is harming me (i don't rely on condition dmg. and even without much focus on precision. i have 40% crit on greatsword)

There are always two camps. The one I'm in, which is the correct on, is that not only all of PvE easy enough to not ever need defensive stats, being in glass stats also mathematically makes fights easier. And we don't care about the other camp.

So you should be in berserker's or viper's or some sort of equivalent for all PvE unless you're doing something very specific like support in a raid. (Edit: Or you want to roleplay or play while high on drugs or something. Whatever you want to do. :)

@Fluffball.8307 said:There are always two camps. The one I'm in, which is the correct on, is that not only all of PvE easy enough to not ever need defensive stats, being in glass stats also mathematically makes fights easier. And we don't care about the other camp.

So you should be in berserker's or viper's or some sort of equivalent for all PvE unless you're doing something very specific like support in a raid. (Edit: Or you want to roleplay or play while high on drugs or something. Whatever you want to do. :)

i used to use berserker....but that was until HoT introduced to me spam knockdowns and insanely high dmg hits.

then season 3 came....and oh yay...MORE. with alot more spam knock downs on every enemy and high dmg...........i remember people used to hate defilers in Orr....and they weren't that common. now its like everything is a defiler with knockdown.

so i've tried to add durability...to survive the spam knockdowns. spam AoE. and in general....survive the undodgable stuff out now... but its made me wonder if toughness isn't working.

so is there an ammount of toughness where it has decreasing values.

or will toughness not help at all

@arenta.2953 said:

@Fluffball.8307 said:There are always two camps. The one I'm in, which is the correct on, is that not only
all
of PvE easy enough to not ever need defensive stats, being in glass stats also mathematically makes fights easier. And we don't care about the other camp.

i used to use berserker....but that was until HoT introduced to me spam knockdowns and insanely high dmg hits.

then season 3 came....and oh yay...MORE. with alot more spam knock downs on every enemy and high dmg...........i remember people used to hate defilers in Orr....and they weren't that common. now its like everything is a defiler with knockdown.

so i've tried to add durability...to survive the spam knockdowns. spam AoE. and in general....survive the undodgable stuff out now... but its made me wonder if toughness isn't working.

Reaper can deal with all those as well PoF and t4 fractal mobs relatively easily in berserker. That will also depend on your choice of traits of course and other factors.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Fluffball.8307 said:There are always two camps. The one I'm in, which is the correct on, is that not only
all
of PvE easy enough to not ever need defensive stats, being in glass stats also mathematically makes fights easier. And we don't care about the other camp.

Reaper can deal with all those as well PoF and t4 fractal mobs relatively easily in berserker. That will also depend on your choice of traits of course and other factors.

ok what about runes/gems

also deadeye

Archived