How should I best take advantage of Wintersday?

Kythan Myr.4719

Get good with the Jumping Puzzle. Hard's a little... well... hard at first, but it's not as bad as it was in previous years. At least now when you fall, you don't have to wait an entire minute for the snowflakes to spawn because someone jumped ahead of you.

If you can speedrun that jumping puzzle, you'll be swimming in pressies.

I did like you did for Halloween. This time around, I'm just selling everything. I refuse to be tempted by any of the rewards I might save towards. It all gets converted to gold.Incidentally for new players who find it difficult to get enough gold (somehow???), this season is a simple way to make some money just by selling off the cheap drops you get everywhere. You don't even have to specifically focus on wintersday events - just pick up the boxes that are lying around and sell the drops.

@"Kythan Myr.4719" said:During the Halloween event, I did the basic achievements/collections called it good and went back to PoF. Too late did I realize the opportunity I missed out on acquiring wealth. So I'd like to not repeat my folly. Is there anything that I can grind that will help fill my empty pockets?

Quartz dropped drastically, so it's possible ( not certain ) that it will return to its price after the end of wintersday.

Here's a charthttp://www.gw2spidy.com/item/43773

PS: you have to notice that this time quartz does really drop aoe, so you have to consider this too.

Getting skilled with JP would be also a deal due to infusions and the price of wintersday gifts.

@reukies.6418 said:

@FANY.6524 said:Currently, the hard path will net you 1g a run + karma. The medium path is also good if you just can't continuously finish the hard path.

The choir bells are also decent if you don't want to do the jp at all.

How are you getting the 1g?

15x wintersday gifts each run, which are worth more or less 8s each ( currently ).

Archived