Can we move away from hidden achievements?

Akrib.4297

I just don't see the benefit of having some achievements being hidden. I feel like it forces us to use multiple external sources just to figure them out. Many of them aren't achievements you can get by just playing because they mostly involve doing really specific things to achieve them. Maybe theirs something that I'm not seeing behind them, but most of the time I have to go through gw2 wiki/forum, dulfy and YouTube to figure some out because their not explained to well.

Would like to hear everyone's opinion on this.

As far as I know it's not something they do often anyway.

I agree that the vast majority of achievements shouldn't be hidden, but sometimes I can see the value in doing it - like when the Current Events stuff was released and we weren't supposed to know what was going on or why or what it was going to lead to.

But I also think they made exactly the right decision in revealing the achievements once that was no longer relevant, so people could clearly see what they personally still had to do.

Agree, hidden achievements are pointless and only encourage looking for guides instead of completing them yourself.

@Danikat.8537 said:As far as I know it's not something they do often anyway.

I agree that the vast majority of achievements shouldn't be hidden, but sometimes I can see the value in doing it - like when the Current Events stuff was released and we weren't supposed to know what was going on or why or what it was going to lead to.

But I also think they made exactly the right decision in revealing the achievements once that was no longer relevant, so people could clearly see what they personally still had to do.

The disable them, so you know they're there and what you have to do to enable them, but don't hide them.

Archived