Stats for condi Mesmer? (Mirage)

Sifu.9745

What should i go for: Carrion, Deadshot, Rabid, Wanderer, Rampager or Celestial maybe? for condi Mesmer open world, WvW and PvP? I am not interested to raid/fractal with my condi Mesmer (Mirage next week) so this question is only about stats for core Mesmer and Mirage condition stats for solo playing (well, if you don't mind i would take your advice about raids/fractals stats as well :) ). I have no problem with choosing Traits, i just can't decide which stats suits condi mesmer playstyle the best ... Power vs crit, or the mixture of both, that's the question ...It looks like that scepter supports precision over power, while Axe is more power oriented weapon ...Sorry for English ...

Sinister for quick burst (higher output than Viper until 6s after ramped).Viper for sustained dps (higher output than Sinister 6s after fully ramped).Trailblazer for tanky dps (see: WvW).Deadshot for tanky bursty dps (higher output than Trailblazer, squishier).

Don't go Celestial (this is just bad), Rabid (see trailblazer), Carrion (see rabid), Rampager (see sinister), or Wanderer (why do you want Power, Toughness, Vitality, Concentration again?).

Usually you opt for crit over power on condi builds due to Sharper Images. This is the main reason why Deadshot does more damage than Trailblazer (other than your attacks occasionally critting for tiny bonus damage).

For Raids/Fractals (where you're rarely going to be taken as a Condi Mesmer), you aim for 100% Condi Duration with full Viper. This may use some Sinister pieces in the future due to Dune Cloak if you opt for Mirage. Axe will have more Condi damage output than Scepter but lowers your overall DPS in Raids due to the clone spawn on Axe2 (which is the only reason it outperforms Scepter).

Viper's (Power, Condition Damage, Precision, Expertise) is probably the best, and is more accessible than Sinister. However, if you don't have the relevant crafting disciplines, then go for Rampager's instead.

Condition Damage without Condition Duration is not ideal, and while you may not feel the difference for shorter fights, encounters with Veterans or Elites will start to drag on. Unlike other classes, Mesmer and Mirage rely on multiple Condition types for damage, including Torment, Bleed, Confusion, and Burning. This means that we can't skimp on Expertise like Guardians and Firebrands.

Thanks, guys. I am not sure about Viper and Sinister, since i don't feel "comfortable" enough without one defensive stat. For solo pve, WvW and PvP i would rather have 5k more health or 500 or even 900 toughness, instead of 3 or 4 dps only stats. If i drop 1050 Power for 900 Toughness or 500 Vitality i guess my dmg/dps would only drop for about 5% - 10%, while my survivability will get increased for about 25% - 35%.Anyway Viper and Sinister are both account bound, can't buy them on TP. I don't want to spend 6 + months crafting just to get all exotic Viper and/or Sinister gear. I only buy Exotics from TP and Ascended trinkets for Laurels. So i can only afford myself gear with 3 stats + ascended trinkets for now.

I am also curious about this - IMHO it will have to be some kind of mix between viper and sinister.Reasoning: full viper would have too low crit chance to reliably proc Sharper Images while full sinister would have too low a of condi duration.I will probably start with full viper armor set (reasonably cheap to convert my ascended zoja set) + sinister jewellery (full set sitting in bank for a long time - was reward for some old LS chapters?)

@Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:I am also curious about this - IMHO it will have to be some kind of mix between viper and sinister.Reasoning: full viper would have too low crit chance to reliably proc Sharper Images while full sinister would have too low a of condi duration.I will probably start with full viper armor set (reasonably cheap to convert my ascended zoja set) + sinister jewellery (full set sitting in bank for a long time - was reward for some old LS chapters?)

It depends on the game mode. In Raids, running full Viper is still better than Sinister. You end up at ~70% crit chance, which drops your average bleed stacks per Duelist by 2.4 but by having double condi duration, you more than make up for it. The thing is, pushing your crit past 50% has diminishing returns and full Viper sits at 30% (before raid buffs).

As for getting Sinister jewelry, that's an expensive way of doing it. You can get cheap ascended accessories of every (non PoF) stat combination from LS3. Bitterfrost Frontier and Siren's Landing both offer easy access to farming their map currencies.

I just went full Trailblazers with Torment runes. Super tanky, ~21k health, and condition damage with duration (100% Confusion and Torment, ~75% everything else).

This should carry over into PoF and it is great in WvW.

Another stat combination you can look into is Dire, which is Condition Damage, Vitality, and Toughness.

@Esplen.3940 said:It depends on the game mode. In Raids, running full Viper is still better than Sinister. You end up at ~70% crit chance, which drops your average bleed stacks per Duelist by 2.4 but by having double condi duration, you more than make up for it. The thing is, pushing your crit past 50% has diminishing returns and full Viper sits at 30% (before raid buffs).

As for getting Sinister jewelry, that's an expensive way of doing it. You can get cheap ascended accessories of every (non PoF) stat combination from LS3. Bitterfrost Frontier and Siren's Landing both offer easy access to farming their map currencies.

I suppose raid is like this - but I do not care about raids so it is not my case - I am looking for reasonable self provided crit chance.

I am aware of LS3 maps (and have saved 1000+ of most currencies just to be sure :) but as I already have full sinister set of jewellery (for probably more then 2 years) I cannot see how is it expensive for me :)

@Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:I am aware of LS3 maps (and have saved 1000+ of most currencies just to be sure :) but as I already have full sinister set of jewellery (for probably more then 2 years) I cannot see how is it expensive for me :)

Well, considering it's not possible to stat swap accessories (unless they're Bloodstone Fen accessories), then you're SoL.

So when I was in the testing, I had placed some sinister ascended trinkets in my bank and perplexity runes and sigils I needed for the current build I run to test in Beta.This is the build I've been running for months, transitioning from full Sinister to now Half Vipers Half Sinisters. I personally love the build and it's easy for me to master especially with have barely any toughness. I study a lot of the other classes and adapt pretty easy when out in PvP or WvW (mostly) so I 'm capable of holding my own even against 'meta' builds.

The above build I use in PvE, Dungeons and Fractals as well, but obviously change certain utilities depending on the situation. Now what I tested for the Mirage and what i'll be running because it works for ME. Again, build what you're comfortable with (i'm all for build positivity). This Mirage build i'll mainly be using in WvW as I shut down a lot of players with it from my personal experience - a hyper confusion build of sorts. For PvE i'll be using this build as well but switching utilities when needed and also weaving between keeping clones up and shattering with only cry of frustration.

Enjoy! Hope to see some of you fellow members in PoF! Xoxo :3 <3

I've been supplementing Viper weapons/armour with cele trinkets for solo/smallscale play in wvw with chrono and it has been great over the last year and a half.

Going to keep the same trend of cele trinkets because of the might stacking potential of mirage using staff, DE, dodge food, IH and things like BD or SS.

A bit of cele rounds off viper nicely by making you not totally glass - ie pushing up to 20k health and just under 2.4k armour, with some healing power to help the new regen on cloak and adding to power/prec/condi/fero.

It should be easy to maintain at least a few stacks of might at all times which pushes power well over 2k and condi damage up to around 1.3k if not more with perma vigour (CI, BD, extra vigour on shatter and high boon uptime). My build's in the PoF build thread.

depending on if we get a good trait in Mirrage Mantle (Healing or Barrier), I will go with this for WvW (ofc swap Sands of Glass to Mirage Mantle then) : http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAnf8anELDFMjFpBmpBMMjlXDDNAkTeOlVgeTwxv/FATgA-jVSHAB6quDc6HE4JAsoKB1pEEgTAQI7PM/BBoJlfrDOAGrYFrYBjN2YjN2YNgYjN2YjN2YjN2YlCoKlVA-w

Overall good defensive Stats, enough Crit, Nice Dmg with power and Condi Damage. Condi duration isn't needed for WvW in Mirrage's case. Only things u would want to push is torment and bleeding for axe Auto. This + (6) bonus make Krait runes a nice option in my opinion. Condi bomb Jaunts inc. ( i know its no BOMB , hell get over it ^^)

How are the new versions of the runes of perplexity? I have a full set that I was going to swap over to my Mirage, but I can decide what to swap her armor to. I am going to be running essentially pvp, so it's not that important, but if you're running condi at all, you should probably not be wearing Zojja's.

Archived