What to do?

Shane.4023

If you don't have any direction or goal now, you definitely don't need to be using your Lv80 boosts yet. At Level 30, you should be exploring Core Tyria and completing your personal story if you've never done it. The expansion zones are meant for not only Level 80 characters, but are also for experienced players who have ease in creating clear progression goals for themselves.

tl;dr: At this stage of the game, don't use your boosts. Have fun and explore!

@Orimidu.9604 said:If you don't have any direction or goal now, you definitely don't need to be using your Lv80 boosts yet. At Level 30, you should be exploring Core Tyria and completing your personal story if you've never done it. The expansion zones are meant for not only Level 80 characters, but are also for experienced players who have ease in creating clear progression goals for themselves.

Ok. Thanks so much for the info! How do I follow personal story? Are there markers on the map or anything I can follow for personal story?

If you don't know what you are doing at level 30, you really shouldn't use level boost :) Overall just do the main quest, do hearts and events at map equal to your level. It might be ... bland and boring, but i think the "bad" things are necessary to appreciate the "good" things. I have play other games before, i borrow my max level account from my brother to play on the get go. Things never gone well.

So if this is your first character you play in this game (or any games tbh), you should endure it and hand leveling it to 80, thankfully this game is easy to get to max level compare to other games i play.

Generally progressing my characters, I like to stick to level appropriate maps, complete those maps (Hearts/POIs/Vistas/Hero Points/Waypoints ect.) participate in the Events on those maps, keep up with your Personal Story, ect.

Hang onto those two 80 boosts till you have experienced the whole game (Core/HoT/PoF and Living Stories) to see what you really want to do.

But for now, just focus on progressing your character and find out what your tastes are.

@Shane.4023 said:

@Orimidu.9604 said:If you don't have any direction or goal now, you definitely don't need to be using your Lv80 boosts yet. At Level 30, you should be exploring Core Tyria and completing your personal story if you've never done it. The expansion zones are meant for not only Level 80 characters, but are also for experienced players who have ease in creating clear progression goals for themselves.

Ok. Thanks so much for the info! How do I follow personal story? Are there markers on the map or anything I can follow for personal story?

They're the green markers. If you don't see any at Level 30, then you might need to be Level 40 to progress. Otherwise, check the Story tab when you press H and see if you've paused it.

My advice would be enjoy the game! If you decide to explore maps for 100%, I'd recommend checking online for info. There's often some 'hidden' locations thatare hard to find, an unexpected underwater entrance a bit away from the location, sometimes even not logical (such as a a portal on a very different place). Unless you are determined to find out yourself, don't hestitate to look for info!Keep an eye out in chat about meta events. They're awesome. Several maps have them, with a bit of luck there's enough players to complete it. Join them playing solo of as a group, as long as you keep being actively involved you'll get a big treasure chest in the end. Revive downed players if it's safe to do so, they will do the same for you :)

If you're working on leveling your crafting skills and collecting resources, the map level-range gets more important. Higher lvl zones have higher tier materials. Open the map, zoom out a little and you can get lvl zone info on the area's.

I prefer going through many storyline chapters at once to keep the memory fresh. If you don't mind working on access for the next chapter to unlock while leveling, then do storyline quests between playing PvE. They have nice rewards and lead you through appropriate character progress matching zones.

Have fun, join and help others & good luck!

In general, GW2 isn't a game that takes you by the hand and tells you what to do. It is a lot more about exploration. So I would suggest to do that. Map completion is a nice goal, but I would not focus on it. I would use it to get around, but also do the dynamic events. They really make the game alive. As for the maps. You are downscaled, but still the startermaps are easier. But you also might want to try some second tier maps (level 15-25). If you want something more challenging, you can try out a map with level 25-35. It might be a challenge to fight foes above your level, but it also yields more xp.

So in short, Explore and do anything that comes on your path.

Archived