Condi Changes in WvW.

Odokuro.5049

I haven't stepped into WvW for a while now, once it became a haven for the majority of Condition build users, it lost it's appeal to me. But anyways, I would like to know, from the people who actively dive into WvW daily, ect. how these changes effected the Condition meta in WvW if at all. And what you think needs to be done in addition to the new, "Ramp up", time.

From a, "Outside of WvW" perspective on the patch notes and changes to Conditions and related skills/abilities, I feel as if, this is the start of what they need to do with Conditions. As in, I feel like the ramp up, was a nice start but I also feel that more needs to be done in terms of making Conditions more manageable from a, "Targets", perspective.

I think that skills on your bars or F1 - F5 keys, that can either be traited to remove conditions or clear them in general, need to have a bonus effect of, "Lesser Resistance", meaning, for a few seconds (No more than 3, maybe.) you gain, "Lesser Resistance", this version of Resistance would reduce the damage of current conditions ticking, and ones applied within the three second window, by 40% maybe?

Because we all know how Condition builds are, you can cleans/clear a few, but those conditions are going to be right back on you within a few seconds after. So a way to slow down the, "Melting", would to have an additional effect, such as the one I described that wouldn't negate/nullify conditions you're currently suffering from or future ones, but would force the condition user to space out their attacks better, and remove a portion of the, "Spam", we all run into.

What are your thoughts, and how do you feel this latest patch did?

I think the patch was a cautious step towards bringing power and conditions into balance. Attempts to prevent breaking both the PvE side and the WvW / PvP side gave us something that people at first blush are disappointed didn't go further.

I read into this as a first step. I look at it as they will let this run for a month-ish then maybe tweak some more.

I look at the ramping as a positive as people who do not bring cleanses will get melted, but it gives time for coordinated play, with the rest of your party given time to help (if you run that way) while still punishing those who don't plan for conditions.

With the ramp, it may also allow some of the shorter cool-down cleanses to be available again for re-use instead of an immediate melting.

Whole point of the Scourge is that they are stupidly strong in PvP/WvW. They are at best average in PvE against enemies who do not rely on their boons, but as soon you start to fight human opponents, the endless corrupt (not just removing but replacing all the boons with conditions) makes all the fights about getting spammed with condis. As soon enemy has 4-5 Scourges you will never be able to remove condis as fast as enemy can re-apply them.

You can't even "fix" this without completely redesigning whole Scourge, what they do, how they do it and why they even exist.

Same way, the positioning in large scale battle is reduced to staying inside friendly Winds of Disenchantment and moving out of enemy Winds of Disenchantment. Nothing else matters, this single skill dictates the flow of every fight. As soon battle goes from "throw ranged damage at enemy and hope some of them goes down" into "look, enemy is down, let's go and finish them now" the side with more WoD bubbles, and better placement of WoD bubbles, will always win. Again, you can in theory avoid single warrior with WoD, but in group fights multiple WoD become circles of instant death.

It is currently combination of the 2 that makes fighting in WvW so frustrating and death so random.

I wonder if changing some of (not all of) the corruption skills to boon strips would make it somewhat more viable in WvW without hitting PvE too much.

I know in WvW circles we care less about PvE but the reality is, if it breaks that class/spec in PvE it will not go through for long.

Most of us agree that separate balancing for PvE and WvW would make things easier for both, I just don't see that happening soon.

Archived