you need a full split between pve and pvp

Kuya.6495

For two reasons, primarily:

1. You decided to nerf condi across the board (except mesmer) because it was over performing eveywhere. Ok. But you also nerfed alternative builds like condi engi and condi weaver that weren't OP or meta in pvp. Had you completely separate balances between pvp and pve, you could have been more precise on what you nerfed. I even suspect that the reason why you didn't nerf condi mirage is because after the bug fix, its damage is no longer broken in pve. But that's pve. In pvp, condi mirage is extremely punishing. People see condi buffs for mirage that also apply to pvp where condi mirage is meta and they get confused. Then angry.

2. Perception. When people who play pvp see changes that affect pvp, and it doesn't make any sense (because you also don't explain to us in detail the reason why you make specific changes), they assume you don't know what you're doing.

More likely, you made the change for pve, but people see that the change is global and it makes them angry because the change doesn't make sense for pvp. Not to mention when the change you made for pve, messes something up in pvp.

If you balanced both game modes separately, you wouldn't have these problems.

@Kuya.6495 said:You decided to nerf condi across the board (except mesmer) because it was over performing eveywhere. Ok. But you also nerfed alternative builds like condi engi and condi weaver that weren't OP or meta in pvp.

Not really, that has been a problem since launch, even when for the first 3 years of the game they balanced virtually entirely around PvP.

The actual issue is that the whole trait/weapon/skill/rune/amulet system is so open that it is nearly impossible to nerf whatever is the current meta OP build on a class without also nerfing builds that actually need buffs.

This game would have been far better balanced with more real choices of viable builds if the whole setup was more restrictive.

The problem is splitting skills is more work for the balance team.

So what you should do is balance the game on PvP only. Make the PvE team adjust the PvE content accordingly. This whole condi problem stems from changes to the game b/c of PvE. It has detrimentally effected PvP/WvW. Balance can no longer be based on a game mode that has AI in it while you have PvP game modes.

@Jinks.2057 said:The problem is splitting skills is more work for the balance team.

So what you should do is balance the game on PvP only. Make the PvE team adjust the PvE content accordingly. This whole condi problem stems from changes to the game b/c of PvE. It has detrimentally effected PvP/WvW. Balance can no longer be based on a game mode that has AI in it while you have PvP game modes.

No, pvp should be ignored entirely. It's player base is incredibly small.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:The problem is splitting skills is more work for the balance team.

No, pvp should be ignored entirely. It's player base is incredibly small.

Now yes due to mismanagement of it

@"Kuya.6495" said:More likely, you made the change for pve, but people see that the change is global and it makes them angry because the change doesn't make sense for pvp. Not to mention when the change you made for pve, messes something up in pvp.

I agree 100% with the title of the topic and some parts of what you said except this part.I have yet heard people complaining on PvE where "Don't stack/burst/kill this boss too fast. We want the meta/world boss/raid to last much longer. Stop killing so fat! Damn it! This need a balancing as we can't have things dying so quickly."

I think the change was for PvP and they just didn't know what they were doing.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Nickel.7918 said:In GW1 its working..the pvp and the pve is different..same skills with different effects...implement it here!!

Then again GW1 have build templates I heard, but here I need to use arcdps because... Arenanet can't make it themselves for some odd reason.

In GW1 you made the template not the anet! U made a build with skills and attribs and u save. thats all. And later u can load, with the gear too

@Nickel.7918 said:

@Nickel.7918 said:In GW1 its working..the pvp and the pve is different..same skills with different effects...implement it here!!

Then again GW1 have build templates I heard, but here I need to use arcdps because... Arenanet can't make it themselves for some odd reason.

In GW1 you made the template not the anet! U made a build with skills and attribs and u save. thats all. And later u can load, with the gear too

What I'm getting is there's no way to do this on GW2 without arcdps.

Archived