What Happened to Revenant?

Furious.2867

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANET doesn’t understand/hates revs. All we got in renegade was a decent upgrade over the vanilla condi dps build, but that has and will continue to get worse as time moves on (history repeats itself).

The devs thought it was more important to nerf forceful displacement (downed skill) than fix some of the obnoxious issues with the undercooked Kalla legend...I mean come on...really?? Was the down skill that much of a problem?

How about you fix the stupid pathing issues on the renegade summons as countless people on the forums have suggested? How about you make shortbow not terrible in all situations except large hit box, stationary mobs? How about you acknowledge that allowing the spirits to be cc’able and killable was a terrible concept that doesn’t even make sense for PvE? I can’t say I’m surprised, but they never show revs any love...feelsbadman.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:Because Anet balances on PvE.

If you're a PvE person oh boy this game is for you.

If you're a PvP person might as well leave now imo. PvP balance will always be kitten as long as balance decisions affecting EVERYONE are made based on raid boss situations.

That's not entirely true. Spellbreaker wouldn't exist if ANet didn't care about PvP or WvW at all.

The devs are either malicious towards the class or completely clueless on how to make it work. They keep trying to make small changes with every balance patch that either are pure sidegrades that change nothing (sword off-hand changes) or are really just nerfs (equilibrium -> spirit boon, mutilate defenses -> exposed defenses). PoF pretty much completely wiped the whole class out of high tier pvp since it gets annihilated in team-fights by scourge corruption spam and has losing 1v1 match-ups against almost all meta builds. And now that there have been 2 balance patches since pof release, absolutely nothing has changed, infact it has gotten worse as the equilibrium and mutilate defenses changes were just straight nerfs.

For all its pvp troubles, it should at least be a beast of a pve class right? Wrong, it is pretty mediocre there as well, not as terrible as it used to be, but nothing to brag about either. If we go by snow crows benchmarks, 6 out of 9 classes have meta builds that out dps condi renegade with only warrior and necro falling behind it. There is also the niche support build that may be optimal in some cases if the comp is built around it, but it really isn't popular because it is just easier to stick to the double druid, double chrono comps everyone knows and loves since they bring way better adaptability. Then there is the power build which literally needs a 25% damage boost just to be competitive dps wise with low tier damage builds like scourge and power thief.

At least it works in wvw zergs because pirate ship meta and zerglings can't dodge hammer skills.

Quick List of Major Issues For RevPower DPS is around 24k realistic when 30k is considered the minimum most people accept unless it provides amazing support (which it doesn't).Renegade summons are extremely fragile in pvp areas and aren't all that strong even if they do survive.Shortbow has meh dps and nearly no survivability/utility, and is very clunky.Terrible condi cleanse and massive boon dependence for this condi/boon corruption metaSeven shot is the clunkiest, most difficult skill to land in the entire game and isn't that amazing if the stars align and all seven shots hit.Precision Strike targets inanimate objects reducing damage to relevant targets

These are what the devs should be focusing on fixing instead of doing stuff like wrecking the whole devastation line by limiting vulnerability access.

After 2 straight years of being OP they are out.

Problem with Rev is has the ability to do too much right at once. Look at it's inception it was able to hold a point while having the highest burst in game.

Now the devs have too be very careful b/c a class that can do many things can quickly swing from useless to OP.

Don't worry a few placed needs and rev will be back

@Jinks.2057 said:After 2 straight years of being OP they are out.

Problem with Rev is has the ability to do too much right at once. Look at it's inception it was able to hold a point while having the highest burst in game.

Now the devs have too be very careful b/c a class that can do many things can quickly swing from useless to OP.

I heard that like 6 patches ago and it did not happen. Ever since PS nerf more than a year ago, Rev in sPvP has been pretty low on viability.

Renegade is obsolete in everything but raids. Even the bit of condi burst it had was nerfed between this patch and last patch.

@otto.5684 said:

I heard that like 6 patches ago and it did not happen. Ever since PS nerf more than a year ago, Rev in sPvP has been pretty low on viability.

Renegade is obsolete in everything but raids. Even the bit of condi burst it had was nerfed between this patch and last patch.

Power Rev has been meta since rev was released. Towards the end of HoT we also had Ventari bunker rev to troll matches with.

I'm sorry but Rev has been in a VERY good spot since it's release and only until recently is in a bad spot. This actually has more to do with the power level of other classes then the class itself though. That tells you that you have to be very delicate in balancing it b/c a hair too much of a buff with some nerfs to other classes will have them OP again.

It'll happen though Rev will be back so I wouldn't worry too much.

Oh look a thief main saying rev has been OP for 2 whole years

Please tell us how you thought this last patch destroyed thief again lol

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

Shocker I play rev too

We gonna do this again? Last time you really showed how little you know

@Jinks.2057 said:

Power Rev has been meta since rev was released. Towards the end of HoT we also had Ventari bunker rev to troll matches with.

I'm sorry but Rev has been in a VERY good spot since it's release and only until recently is in a bad spot. This actually has more to do with the power level of other classes then the class itself though. That tells you that you have to be very delicate in balancing it b/c a hair too much of a buff with some nerfs to other classes will have them OP again.

Revenant has been meta for like 1 out of 2 years it's been out. Thief has been meta for 4 out of 5. Laughable that you say we have been in a good place in comparison to the permanent meta thief.

And Ventari revenant was a scrub build. Wasn't even really meta.

@Jinks.2057 said:

Shocker I play rev too

Lol when I was commenting yesterday I didn't even log on to try the changes yet. And even now, 0 issues stacking stealth with d/p after I tried it, l2p.

Continue talking about how rev was OP for 2 whole years though Mr thief main. Rev stopped being "OP" when SotM precision strike and Equilibrium were destroyed. You play the literal counter to rev and somehow think it's been OP when thief has 2x 4k essence sap up it's sleeves lol get real.

Also "I play rev too" lol yeah ok, if you actually did you wouldn't be saying it's been meta or OP for 2 years. No revenant main thinks that at any level.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

Revenant has been meta for like 1 out of 2 years it's been out. Thief has been meta for 4 out of 5. Laughable that you say we have been in a good place in comparison to the permanent meta thief.

nope rev has been in every meta

vent rev was OP as fuck....ofc you'd down play it

As for thief this discussion isn't about thief

@Jinks.2057 said:

vent rev was OP as kitten....ofc you'd down play it

Nope rev has been B tier for a year. Has a rev ever won an AT? How many rev steamers are there this season?

Ventari rev was always garbage and lost to good rotation and focus. Of course you would have problems learning to play and adapting. It essentially held a similar role to Condi d/d Daredevil, except Condi Daredevil can actually kill people (let me guess that build was fine to you). I am not defending the lack of CD on the Ventari knockback it had to go. But the build was fucking shit and useless, just a pub stomper.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

Shocker I play rev too

Lol when I was commenting yesterday I didn't even log on to try the changes yet. And even now, 0 issues stacking stealth with d/p after I tried it, l2p.

Continue talking about how rev was OP for 2 whole years though Mr thief main. Rev stopped being "OP" when SotM precision strike and Equilibrium were destroyed. You play the literal counter to rev and somehow think it's been OP when thief has 2x 4k essence sap up it's sleeves lol get real.

Also "I play rev too" lol yeah ok, if you actually did you wouldn't be saying it's been meta or OP for 2 years. No revenant main thinks that at any level.

Shocker I play rev too

Do you even pay attention to any other class besides your "main"?

I spelled it out to you as simply as a human being could and you're still clueless

It doesn't matter b/c I'm pretty sure this thread is about what happened to rev not get back at jinks for making me look bad

let it go and get back on topic

thx

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

vent rev was OP as kitten....ofc you'd down play it

Nope rev has been B tier for a year. Has a rev ever won an AT? How many rev steamers are there this season?

Ventari rev was always garbage and lost to good rotation and focus. Of course you would have problems learning to play and adapting. It essentially held a similar role to Condi d/d Daredevil, except Condi Daredevil can actually kill people (let me guess that build was fine to you). I am not defending the lack of CD on the Ventari knockback it had to go. But the build was kitten kitten and useless, just a pub stomper.

Double vent rev has won an AT and it was subsequently nerfed afterwards if I remember correctly

Rev was rushed so much that it requires massive efforts to properly complete it, so anet simply gave up and decided to put resources elsewhere, i.e. more popular classes. It works pretty well since people simply don't play broken classes, and therefore less complains compared to when the other classes have problems.

Revenant as an overall class is nothing more than a Half Baked Concept, I wouldn’t even say it’s an Alpha/Beta stage of Class development, they shipped a highly overtuned Class to sell boxes that was riddled with bugs and then Proceeded to nerf it with out actually fixing the main issues with it, it is one of the more obvious displays of “competence”.

Archived