Renown hearts

Rose.2593

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:Still, wish for a toggle to keep them completed at least for the map sake and just allow us to reset it manually when we need the vendor.

I guess I'd prefer that the vendors are available once a character has completed the heart once, regardless of whether you re-complete it again for the karma.

Near as I can tell, all the players who requested making hearts repeatable wanted the currency; I can't remember a single person who said they liked having to re-do content to get access to the same services they had the day before.

For me, this change doesn't have any value. It's "nice" that I'll sometimes have to work less hard for a particular heart or three. But I've never been a very big fan of hearts in the first place. The very fact that I have to repeat them again is a major blemish (for me) on all the new maps.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:Still, wish for a toggle to keep them completed at least for the map sake and just allow us to reset it manually when we need the vendor.

I guess I'd prefer that the vendors are available once a character has completed the heart once, regardless of whether you re-complete it again for the karma.

Near as I can tell, all the players who requested making hearts repeatable wanted the currency; I can't remember a single person who said they liked having to re-do content to get access to the same services they had the day before.

For me, this change doesn't have any value. It's "nice" that I'll sometimes have to work less hard for a particular heart or three. But I've never been a very big fan of hearts in the first place. The very fact that I have to repeat them again is a major blemish (for me) on all the new maps.

My issue is and will always be that when I'm trying to hunt down events, I can't because the stupid tracker will always point to "what's incomplete on the map."Because the hearts keep resetting, it always shows up as incomplete. I don't get why this has to be done this way though.

KzpAjxD.jpg

Was in Siren's Landing already, but every resettable map does this.I would like to see events, but I can't. There is no tracker to just show events.A default, which leads to the story, an off which just turns if off completely, a disable personal story which is the one I usually use when I'm trying to look for events, and Hide Events and Personal Story which is the 100% best when I'm going for map completion as it helps me uncover the map complete map, even little areas I might miss like hugging up the door to a Guild Mission that I would never think needed uncovering.

There's no "Hide repeatable/already completed renown hearts and show events" option.

dLzv5hp.jpgAfter completing all hearts (again as always), NOW I can make it track events as I wanted it to from the beginning. Before though, hearts are top priority and that's that.And before you say, "well... it's because you're right in the area and right on top of the event."

fOIvgqP.jpgI'm now in the Abbadon area and it's now leading to the event I was just at.The minimap "could" help, but at times it would just show any events and at times I would like to know the closest/nearest ones... especially if the daily is an event completer or something.

I want either one of the 2 choices. Give me an option toggle to show events and say "Screw the repeatable hearts" or make those hearts say completed until I need the vendor.If people want repeatable hearts, I shouldn't say keep them completed as that's not fair to those that want/like repeatable hearts. I just want a account side version where I can keep it locked and of course if I try to talk to the NPC, they can say something like, "It's been a while since I've seen you. Mind helping me? I will return the favour if you would help me out." and you can say "Sure thing." or "Another time."

Saying "Sure thing" will reset the heart to unlock the vendor and get the completion reward for it. Saying "Another Time." will just leave the heart as is, but I can't access the vendor.I think it would work well in either case.They could even set this up for every single heart in the game if they have to.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

I'm actually OK with this, but I like your sentiment as well.

As a compromise, I suggest that they have renown hearts "drain" slowly after completion. Instead of resetting completely (the old way) or maintaining (the new way), how about if they lost 10% of 20% of their progress at each daily reset? Or, maybe, each reset after a week (or some other algorithm along those lines)?

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

Saying "Sure thing" will reset the heart to unlock the vendor and get the completion reward for it. Saying "Another Time." will just leave the heart as is, but I can't access the vendor.I think it would work well in either case.They could even set this up for every single heart in the game if they have to.

I think they should have a separate compass for events vs. uncompleted map items (PoIs, WPs, Hearts, etc.) Allow me to switch back and forth (or, even have both showing at once).

Archived