The reason behind the lag spikes we're experiencing (Belgium)

Oromis.2498

Hello,

First of all, sorry for my english, I'm not an english-native writer.

For all my fellow Tyrians from Belgium (Wallonia/Brussel), here's why I'm experiencing lag spikes. I've never had any issues with high ping / lag spike but that was before Anet migrated their servers to Amazon hosting servers. Now I'm experiencing constant lag spike.

Here is the result of my pingplotter.

As you can see on the graph, the first Belgacom/Proximus ISP server is curbing my connection... Aaand we can't do anything about it... Maybe some Anet representative may address this issue.

Be brave belgian players !!! <3 <3

Oromis

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"AkaXan.1096" said:I contacted Proximus earlier today and they said it wasn't on their end either, that a new internet port had to be opened.

My 'MyProximus' support section now shows that they are planning maintenance on my line, with the message "Your SLA will be respected", although I'm not exactly sure what they're planning. It seems connected to this case.

@Dzjudz.9142 said:

@"AkaXan.1096" said:I contacted Proximus earlier today and they said it wasn't on their end either, that a new internet port had to be opened.

My 'MyProximus' support section now shows that they are planning maintenance on my line, with the message "Your SLA will be respected", although I'm not exactly sure what they're planning. It seems connected to this case.

A friend contacted them few mins ago. They said that they know about the problem and they are working on it.

@SamSam.3687 said:

A friend contacted them few mins ago. They said that they know about the problem and they are working on it.

I just called them to make sure what the maintenance was about. The support person couldn't tell me anything about it, and all she had to offer was for me to reset my wi-fi and have someone remote desktop into my PC for a ridiculous fee (even it is was free I wouldn't). I'm not even on wi-fi... Ah well, I hope they're working on it.

@Dzjudz.9142 said:

I just called them to make sure what the maintenance was about. The support person couldn't tell me anything about it, and all she had to offer was for me to reset my wi-fi and have someone remote desktop into my PC for a ridiculous fee (even it is was free I wouldn't). I'm not even on wi-fi... Ah well, I hope they're working on it.

Same here they said that they don't know anything about it. They told me that they will send an internal email for the problem and contact me later if they find something.

@SamSam.3687 said:

In my case they said the problem wasn't theirs and that they couldn't do anything about it. I don't really believe opening my ports is the solution seeing as i had no problems prior to the 11th and now all of a sudden every Belgian with Proximus as ISP is having issues... so ye i doubt the problem is my router's ports.

So I'm not alone to have this problem with Proximus... This is a very particular case since it seems to affect arena net/Proximus combo only. Surfing/downloading/playing is totally fine except for Guild Wars 2.

Moreover, on this reddit thread, a dev from anet (DrStephenCW) explain that sometimes, changing server can affect the performance ISP-side.

My guess is that we are not enough customers to make things moove on the Proximus-side. The best should be to address this concern through a petition or something ? If we're enough and with the support of Anet, things may change. (I'm kinda dreaming on this one..)

@"Oromis.2498" said:So I'm not alone to have this problem with Proximus... This is a very particular case since it seems to affect arena net/Proximus combo only. Surfing/downloading/playing is totally fine except for Guild Wars 2.

Moreover, on this reddit thread, a dev from anet (DrStephenCW) explain that sometimes, changing server can affect the performance ISP-side.

My guess is that we are not enough customers to make things moove on the Proximus-side. The best should be to address this concern through a petition or something ? If we're enough and with the support of Anet, things may change. (I'm kinda dreaming on this one..)

Yeah I don't know if it's possible to do something about that ...

Archived