Golem DPS loss power reaper and holosmith

Aetatis.5418

As stated in the following thread:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/20572/question-power-reaper-dps-loss-12-12-patch#latest

I am experiencing a big DPS loss on two professions.Both are charr, male. One is power reaper, the other one power holosmith.

Pre patch I was able to get about 27k dps on the reaper. Post patch that dps is down to 23k (build provided in the linked thread). Although the necro axe got a slight boost.

I know the chat dps is bugged and the 5th dps check is missing. However, I am curious on what causes the dps loss, when there were no nerfs in the patch.

I figured that golems might have a different toughness now, but reports from (e.g.) warrior forums and mesmer forums are speaking of net power-dps gain after the 12/12 patch.

The same dps loss counts for my holosmith.I did 30k dps pre and 26k dps post patch.Post patch with 180 ferocity extra.

I am desperately looking for an explanation, other than I screwed my rotations (which I checked a million times and compared to pre patch YT recordings that dished out more dps than I do now).

i did grab a copy of arc-dps.same numbers as the test area. so a tremendous loss of dps (which was never a good point to begin with a comparison of power necro to other professions in the first place) and makes the profession even less wanted/harsh to find groups ... if it is not a golem-bug.

and i was thinking the same. IF anything then i should have a slight increase in dps (due to the axe) rather than a decrease.

but it seems there is not even an interest in it anymore. like a few patches ago a couple of people would test the performance and now there is no one left to confirm or deny my "benchmark".

feelsbadman

so apparently the lower dps exists for a couple more days already.can someone remember when the testing are got changed? like when the setup console and the golem-preview AND the settings got expanded?

seems that other users have the exact same issues as i do since then.to be fair i did my last dps check in november and can't tell if it is the 12/12 patch that changed the numbers so significantly.

i did sign a petition anyway. the very least that could happen is a generic answer. best case scneario is someone looking into it. worth a try

@Khisanth.2948 said:It is very unlikely that support can answer balance questions though ....

But support can push it up to tier-2 support (The actual system administrators/database administrators/development teams), who CAN answer the questions. Whether they will or not, is a different story. I've never had to with ANet, but with Sony, I had to demand a refund on my PS+ account and demanded to speak with a supervisor before I got my issues pushed up when my PSN account got hacked. They insisted they couldn't unlock my account until they realized I wasn't just going to go away. After tearing several strips off them, magically, it was fixed within 48 hours, when they originally told me I would have to wait 6 months and there was nothing they could do about it.

@Khisanth.2948 said:It is very unlikely that support can answer balance questions though ....

imo it is not a balance question, it is clearly a bug (report).

how would a balance patch that pushes power scaling skills actually lower my dps if only +dmg on weapons got implemented?or why would an testing area update kill my dps?

there are some differet scenarios i could imagine:

• golems got tweaked (toughness) - which i doubt, since other reports from other professions show no decline in dps
  • dps on power reaper was shown wrong on the old golems (and therefore a lot worse than everybody thought) and got fixed now. R.I.P.
  • one/multiple multipliers do not apply correctly in the training area
  • one of the boons is not working correctl in the training area (assuming it only happens in the traning area. worse if everywhere)

@"trueanimus.4085" said:the problem is that they removed or reduced a lot of "on skill activation" damage from marks and wells etc.. dps from dots also requires a ramp up now

I told you in your own post already, that I don't have the issues you are describing.My marks do the same damage as they did pre patch (4k critz in full celestial scourge in wvw) Only desert shroud on scourge seemed to do less direct damage.Also tested your theory of Wells ... And it does not apply on my character.The rest in my build is direct damage from weapons. No additional wells no marks and no conditions ("dots") used (it's a power build).

And since I concluded already, that the lower dps existend prior to the 12/12 patch, i doubt that your observation applies here.When I doubt it, it doesnt mean you are necessarily wrong (that is something only anet could confirm), but it is unlikely

Archived