Hammer Builds

setdog.1592

what are some good core guardian or dh hammer builds for fractals, ow pve and perhaps raids? I dont mind trading some damage for personal survival and group support (support role can be interesting, but difficult to gauge effectiveness). Whats a good build/rotation to accomplish optimal protection/aegis distrubution?

Ive been running around lately as Power DH, Hammer * Sw/Sh (shield 5 seems woefully inadequate for anything), and doing some fractals withRadiance 2-3-3/Honor 2-3-2/DH 1-2-3, gear is full zerk.

I like the playstyle of hammer/sw/sh, which is why i am asking, and while I dont mind mixing in some Longbow/GS and other 1h weaps. I am just looking to hear someother players experience and what builds they like or situational builds they find useful.

(p.s. as much as i enjoy firebrand and LB DH I just really enjoy the play style of hammer dh better, despite the lower damage.)

The old hammer build was Zeal/Honor/DH, and I think its still beter to take Zeal over Radiance. I would take Scepter+Torch as ranged option without losing too much damge and IMO the Shield makes no sense in this build, but you should use what makes you more confortable.

I'd say that is not worth to take Radiance because how hard it is to get retal with this build. So I'd take Zeal instead for more DPS increase.

This on full zerker, of course.

I run hammer for everything, WvW roaming, PvE and PvP. I'm guess I'm just weird in that regard. Mikau is correct that the old go to was Zeal honor DH.You can also run Zeal, Honor, and Virtues if you want a core build. Glacial heart can be fun!If you ever get around to Firebrand. Running Zeal/Radiance/FB has some amazing fun quickness uptime and access to retal easy, so you can pull out some bigger numbers.But... Yeah. Without a lot of access to Retal, Zeal Honor DH is your way to go!

@Esperacchius.5209 said:I run hammer for everything, WvW roaming, PvE and PvP. I'm guess I'm just weird in that regard. Mikau is correct that the old go to was Zeal honor DH.You can also run Zeal, Honor, and Virtues if you want a core build. Glacial heart can be fun!If you ever get around to Firebrand. Running Zeal/Radiance/FB has some amazing fun quickness uptime and access to retal easy, so you can pull out some bigger numbers.But... Yeah. Without a lot of access to Retal, Zeal Honor DH is your way to go!

what build are you currently using for WvW roaming?

@Esperacchius.5209 said:I run hammer for everything, WvW roaming, PvE and PvP. I'm guess I'm just weird in that regard. Mikau is correct that the old go to was Zeal honor DH.You can also run Zeal, Honor, and Virtues if you want a core build. Glacial heart can be fun!If you ever get around to Firebrand. Running Zeal/Radiance/FB has some amazing fun quickness uptime and access to retal easy, so you can pull out some bigger numbers.But... Yeah. Without a lot of access to Retal, Zeal Honor DH is your way to go!

I run a power support hammer build sometimes, doing lower daily fractals. I push out quickness and protection with no problem, and heals just in case. I use seeker gear, marauder trinkets (for just a little extra health), and swap my legendary hammer to something with concentration on it to make sure protection is at 100% uptime.

It isn't the greatest build, but it is fun, and I rarely run into groups that wipe with that spec equipped.

Archived