Balance Patch was obvious Necro-hate patch

Zero.3871

in wvw the impact scourge has in any solo scenario now is really small. classes like firebrand can so easy clean everything you through too an enemy group. scourges are now only in big groups useful. like all the other necros.But the hate against necros is still running an will due to more patches only to nerf this class because anet has no integrity to stand to this class. condi mirage didnt get nerfed. one shot deadeye didnt get nerfed, one shot mesmer didnt get nerfed. thats a disgrace.

i dont say nerfing condis is completely bad. BUT...

why scourges didnt get usefull power buffs?why scourges barrier skills on f-skills didnt get the same +15% like all other skills?

anet now does the same with scourge they did with power reaper after hot release.they just follow the flames to delete this class because they dont have an idea what to do with necros.

reaper stand and fall with his stability after hot release, and anet nerfed 80% of stability out of this class.

scourge stand and fall with his condi burst, and anet nerfed every condi to nearly the half amount of stacks.

where the hell is the compensation for that? why no power buffs, or blocks, or mobility, or stability, or,or,or,or....???

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also from WvW side

Until Lifeforce generation from player deaths is nerfed, Necro will remain "S-tier" in WvW. Boon corruption is just crazy good in multi-target (+5) scenarios where stability must be used and is converted to enemy CC. Scourge alone basically eliminated any chance of the boon meta returning which is why we are back in WvW pirate ship meta.
ANet tries not to split game mode skills but here we are.

@"Zero.3871" said:why scourges didnt get usefull power buffs?

Why would you want to play power on scourge when we have reaper?

why scourges barrier skills on f-skills didnt get the same +15% like all other skills?

Utility Skills and Desert Empowerment also didn't get +15%.Might be an oversight considering they said "all skills".

anet nerfed every condi to nearly the half amount of stacks.where the hell is the compensation for that?

Longer durations.

why no power buffs,

Rending Claws: Increased damage by 13%.Ghastly Claws: Increased damage by 11%.Unholy Feast: Increased damage by 10%.

or blocks,

Convert buring to aegis.

or mobility,

Sand Well

or stability,

Trail of Anguish.

or,or,or,or....???

Barriers don't decay now.

@flow, is that a joke?

sand swell = 0 mobilitytrail of anguish 1 stack stability vs 10000 CCs from every other classburning to aegis convert, i cannot decide which condis get converted...

and longer durations on condis are trash. every condi duration above 10 sec is useless and made no dmg becuse it get cleansed.

just because reaper is basically power it doesnt mean scourge is not allowed to have any power dmg. everyone is crying about scourge and condi, so why not decrease condi while increasing power.?than everyone would be happy...

and if they want to nerf condis, why anet buff condi mirage?

axe buffs, yeah necro has 1 useful weapons (3 weapon skills). now we just need 3 other useful weapons to have the same state like all the other classes...

@crinn,reaper is hardcountered by SB, by Mirage, By every thief, by ranger...

scourge is still fine in wvw. in fact my burst, if i smash buttons (f keys), is even harder because EVERY f key triggers burning now, no matter how fast i press them.it completely compensates for the lesser stacking of torment.and look at torment a bit closer. before the patch you could get 2 stacks every second on desert shroud. they lasted for base 2.5 sec. right?which is "basically 5 stacks" maximum on a player. with the increased duration post patch it is still 5 stacks max on a player. the only difference is a ramp-up time of 5 seconds instead of 2.5 seconds - so foes get punished hard for staying in range (or by getting cc'ed) and foes are getting rewarded by kiting/doding.

if arenanet did something right, it was the 12/12 patch.if only the stability corrupts would get a different treatment now, to make stability worth using again (instead of punishing because its an auto-fear) i'd be completely satisfied for now.

if anything happened to necro with this patch. it's good changes for the sake of a healthier wvw environment and in some regards a buff overall (atleast on paper... my power reaper got buffed... but something must be wrong with dmg numbers, because my dps dropped despite the buffs :-/ )

@rhyse, okay yes^^

@zeftthewicked, interesting... if scourge wouldnt exist, what would be better for core and reaper?

there are still deadeyes and mesm one shotting you while so fast that they can easily escape after you dodged good and try again, and again and again until you are dead. you will not have any chance to win.

same for spellbreaker which easily reape core and reaper...

@Zero.3871 said:@rhyse, okay yes^^

@zeftthewicked, interesting... if scourge wouldnt exist, what would be better for core and reaper?

there are still deadeyes and mesm one shotting you while so fast that they can easily escape after you dodged good and try again, and again and again until you are dead. you will not have any chance to win.

same for spellbreaker which easily reape core and reaper...

A fix for cancerous spec is a nerfbat, not forcing a choice of another cancerous one so you have a chance.But what you said just adds more validity to what i said. Path of Fire introduced some really cancerous specs, that outshine others and kill build/spec diversity in competitive.

The way it should work is that all 3 of them (core, reaper, scourge) are viable choices and existence of one does not practically erase the existence of the other two.

10-second AoE pulsing area-denial boon corruption was a terrible idea and is proving very hard to balance effectively.

Really they should change corruption into boon strip and then remove the things like obstructed errors they have had to put in place to try and curb the insanity powercreep they have introduced through Shades and Punishment skill's AoE boon corruption into Torment, Burning and Cripple.

@narcx.3570 said:I've been seeing more reapers since this patch... Unfortunately they've all been on my team. :anguished:

my guildy today tried full berzerker reaper and fought 1 vs 1 against a weaver. he spiked everything he had to weaver and hit the weaver hard, but weaver never come under 90% life...2 mins later after the fight he got one shotted by daredevil who came out of invis... reaper is still trash...

@Zero.3871 said:

@narcx.3570 said:I've been seeing more reapers since this patch... Unfortunately they've all been on my team. :anguished:

my guildy today tried full berzerker reaper and fought 1 vs 1 against a weaver. he spiked everything he had to weaver and hit the weaver hard, but weaver never come under 90% life...2 mins later after the fight he got one shotted by daredevil who came out of invis... reaper is still trash...

I am pretty sure your guildy played really poorly. Reaper doesn't really have a damage issue in pvp. Is mostly about moving correctly and actually landing those hits without dying.

@Warscythes.9307 said:

I am pretty sure your guildy played really poorly. Reaper doesn't really have a damage issue in pvp. Is mostly about moving correctly and actually landing those hits without dying.

Understanding that Reaper isnt a true 1v1 class is half the issue. Now with further limitations on defense, strategy changes play. We, as another necroid said are neither berserker nor assasin. We really have no direct way to play other than weazelling around straight off the bat and ramping up to that 1 well placed surge whereby we better get the..outta there. The call to 'get the necro 1st' had never been stronger... I tell you from personal experience. Good luck to all of us tht stay true and battle on.

@Zero.3871 said:

If he went full berserker then he was asking for it. Necro doesn't have invulnerability type defenses like most ergo defense-wise he is most stat dependant profession of them all. You gotta feed him some of that vitality/tougness, especially if you're a reaper. If you neglect defensive stats as necro you're basicallly asking to be a free kill.

Power's necro first choice is paladin amulet. If you're dead set on more damage then marauder or destroyer, but do so at your own risk.

@Zero.3871 said:

A single Soul Spiral from a berserker Reaper would 1-shot a typical sages weaver from full health. Your anecdote is not checking out.

@Crinn.7864 said:

A single Soul Spiral from a berserker Reaper would 1-shot a typical sages weaver from full health. Your anecdote is not checking out.

nope, weaver heal+barrier can negate a lot of dmg while reaper looses 1 k lf per second in shroud and neraly have no heal on normal lifepoints so reaper finally loose. weaver dont need to play high dmg build for killing reaper...sometimes a block or dodge skill to evade high dmg reaper skills is enough than.

i have the same experience with every power build necro. the dmg actually is huge but necro cant outsustain all the block invulns mobitly barriers and healing the other classes provide. we are just 1v1 and brawler trash... as soon as fights become team-fightish and the necro is left alone there is a good chance necros win the fight for you.

@Zero.3871 said:

nope, weaver heal+barrier can negate a lot of dmg while reaper looses 1 k lf per second in shroud and neraly have no heal on normal lifepoints so reaper finally loose. weaver dont need to play high dmg build for killing reaper...sometimes a block or dodge skill to evade high dmg reaper skills is enough than.

No not really. Reaper can sustain a weaver almost indefinitely.

@Crinn.7864 said:

No not really. Reaper can sustain a weaver almost indefinitely.

Weaver damage is really low if they have sustain. Crinn is correct.

@Crinn.7864 said:

It sounds like he blew all his burst straight into an Obsidian Flesh and then got griefed by some DD who couldn't hide his pants shrinking excitement over seeing somebody playing a zero vitality, zero toughness reaper that he could camp all game.

Archived