The perils of being an older gamer (silliness alert!)

Tanith.5264

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

47 here and my younger friends say Kat you've completed this map., how do we get to this mastery or hp point?Me, err, I don't remember but I think you're going the wrong way. LOL I also get turned around on the map (even in RL) so don't ask me. LOL And I've started to have to wear my glasses to see the screen.. so not fun with headphones on. :)

@Beda Zzle.5281 said:47 here and my younger friends say Kat you've completed this map., how do we get to this mastery or hp point?Me, err, I don't remember but I think you're going the wrong way. LOL I also get turned around on the map (even in RL) so don't ask me. LOL And I've started to have to wear my glasses to see the screen.. so not fun with headphones on. :)

I'm 52. Been wearing glasses since I was six and the past couple of years I need a separate pair of reading glasses for the computer. So headphones are a painful no-go for me. Happily I'm in a single family home with just my husband, so my voice chat uses a desk mic and computer speakers and he can pull my office door mostly shut when he's heading to bed (have to leave a gap for cats) and I don't have to mute anything.

Those floaters can really get you, yeah :) I had a vitreous detachment in my right eye a number of years ago so I have little swirls and dots swimming around like amoebas in my vision all the time. Dreading the inevitable left eye detachment my retina doctor assures me is coming. But at least I can still see plenty well enough to drive, read, and play GW2. What else does one need, hey?

@StinVec.3621 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I'm so old, I must be blind and not aware. What floating snowflakes??? Nothing moving on my Wiki page(s).

I didn't notice them until I scrolled down and could see the footer of the page with the blue background. I do not think they appear over any other part of the screen but down there, but I may be wrong.

Yes, I tried the footer when the thread first appeared; nothing for me, alas.

Edit: Yep, definitely old and blind. This time they show. Now that I see them, I remember them from previous years.

Just turned 54. Despite being glued to computers all my working life, I didn't need reading glasses until my 40's, but they quickly evolved (devolved?) into progressive lenses. Thankfully, nothing detached or floating yet. :)

My 6-month-younger wife often gets sentences prefixed with, "One of your age" from her doctors, while mine proclaims my "53-years-young..." I like my doctor. :)

Now, on the matter of memory... uh... wait... what? :astonished:

Archived