PoF: Mount immediately?

diogene.6249

Hello everybody. I was thinking of going back to Guild Wars 2 again (it would be the third time ... I hope it's the right time to stay). I am very intrigued by the new expansion and, in particular, by the new mounts. Since I would like to start everything from the beginning, by eliminating my old character and creating a new one, I would like to know: if I take the new expansion I will immediately expose a mount?? Because it would be much more comfortable to explore the world (once again O_o) riding your pet. It would certainly give new life to the game and it would be much more hasty. Thank you.

IMO it's worth it even if you don't plan to explore the PoF content right away. Use the boost to make a lvl 80 alt, do the first mission to get a basic raptor mount. Then start your new toon who'll have that mount right away for regular play. If you never go back to the desert until you hit 80, the benefit of having that raptor is so great that it justifies the cost of the expansion.

@diogene.6249 said:Hello everybody. I was thinking of going back to Guild Wars 2 again (it would be the third time ... I hope it's the right time to stay). I am very intrigued by the new expansion and, in particular, by the new mounts. Since I would like to start everything from the beginning, by eliminating my old character and creating a new one, I would like to know: if I take the new expansion I will immediately expose a mount?? Because it would be much more comfortable to explore the world (once again O_o) riding your pet. It would certainly give new life to the game and it would be much more hasty. Thank you.

Why delete your old character? You will lose your characters birthday gifts. Just start a new toon. Unless you have a lvl 80 character, forget about entering POF with a new low level character unless you use the lvl 80 boost or use your old character to do the 1st mission to get a mount.

I would like to start all over again. My last two experiences on the game were not exciting. Now, however, the mounts could revitalize everything, making exploration and farming more enjoyable and quicker. I hope not to be disappointed (as unfortunately happened for HoT).

The other mounts when and how will it be possible to unlock them? I am particularly interested in the kangaroo and the skimmer.

Thank you.

@diogene.6249 said:I would like to start all over again. My last two experiences on the game were not exciting. Now, however, the mounts could revitalize everything, making exploration and farming more enjoyable and quicker. I hope not to be disappointed (as unfortunately happened for HoT).

The other mounts when and how will it be possible to unlock them? I am particularly interested in the kangaroo and the skimmer.

Thank you.

All mounts are unlocked by playing through the Path of Fire story/areas. The story never takes you to the Jackal (it's worth making a detour to get it, though) and the Griffon is only obtainable after completing the PoF story.

Now, it should be noted that only the Raptor is given to you for free. All other mounts have a small amount of cost in gold and Elonian Trade Contracts (PoF map currency) after completing a heart. The Griffon is an exception here, as it has five collections associated with unlocking it, including a total gold cost of 250 (among other things).

I would never recommend deleting characters unless you need the slots for race change or giving up a class to get a new one. In perfect honesty, you want at least one every class by 1-2 years into the game, because the Especs do a hell of a lot expand the game experience. Some people strictly stick to one character.... but like GW1, doing so cuts you off from a lot from not only play options, but much needed perspective options. Its just a matter of finding the right build for each class that handles a way you find enjoyable to play. I hated thief playing thief for the longest time, but Deadeye opened a play style I wished the Ranger would have had a long time ago. For all the others, I rotate through various builds between PvE and WvW... so no matter how long it takes me to get bored with something, I'll always something else in queue I can change to can tweak as I go. Its probably because I love Buildcraft as concept, and theres everything from meta builds to cheese builds to joke builds to keep things mixed up in the long term.

As for your question... the Mounts unlocks are guided through the story line, though you can go around that IF you are the type will do through map exploration. The process of getting mounts beyond the Raptor involving finding a Heart Vendor, doing the local area quest related to it, and then buying the Saddle (which lets you call them anywhere); all of which are in Path of fire maps. The Heart quests themselves are primarily geared toward teaching you how to use the mount, by giving you a bunch of errands that can only be done with the Mount's assistance. The catch here is that you need to spend gold to get the saddle.... so you need 1g for the Springer, 5g for the Skimmer, and 30g for the Jackal. Fortunately you don't need the jackal to get through the story, but you WILL need it for map exploration and related achievements.

Just a few additions. Mounts are unlocked accountwide. So as soon as you unlock it on any character, it is unlocked for all (same goes for the kite in HoT). I do recommend keeping as many old characters as possible. So first use your existing lvl 80 character to unlock the first mount. I actually advice to play a bit of open world PoFto unlock masteries and mastery points to unlock the second mount as well. The first mount is the raport (speed) and the second is the bunny (high jumps). This helps a lot in exploring core Tyria quickly. The bunny is a lot of help doing vista's

Thanks to all the tips. I do not understand why it is so important to keep an old character, since the progress made remains however saved. Does not the new expansion include a boost for level 80? In any case, my intention is to create a completely new gaming experience, experimenting with classes not yet tested (I will probably create more than one character). My old character will not miss me too much (I do not lose even weapons or legendary armor). Speaking of these (legendary equipment), the farming to create the various gifts is always so challenging? I remember that to collect all the elements took a long time. Even though now, with the mounts, to farm trips could finally be faster.

@diogene.6249 said:Thanks to all the tips. I do not understand why it is so important to keep an old character, since the progress made remains however saved. Does not the new expansion include a boost for level 80? In any case, my intention is to create a completely new gaming experience, experimenting with classes not yet tested (I will probably create more than one character). My old character will not miss me too much (I do not lose even weapons or legendary armor). Speaking of these (legendary equipment), the farming to create the various gifts is always so challenging? I remember that to collect all the elements took a long time. Even though now, with the mounts, to farm trips could finally be faster.

The progress made by a character is tied to that character. If you delete them, then you lose all of their progress.

This means you lose all soulbound equipment, you start over the counting for the birthdays (each year the presents get better, so if a character is currently 3 years old and you delete it, you have to wait 3 more years before you get your 4th birthday gift), you lose the story progress, and you have to recomplete all maps.

It is better to use an empty slot, or buy a new slot, than deleting a character unless it is already a young character that doesn't have much time spent on it.

@diogene.6249 said:Thanks to all the tips. I do not understand why it is so important to keep an old character, since the progress made remains however saved. Does not the new expansion include a boost for level 80? In any case, my intention is to create a completely new gaming experience, experimenting with classes not yet tested (I will probably create more than one character). My old character will not miss me too much (I do not lose even weapons or legendary armor). Speaking of these (legendary equipment), the farming to create the various gifts is always so challenging? I remember that to collect all the elements took a long time. Even though now, with the mounts, to farm trips could finally be faster.

Characters here have birthdays which are dependent on the date of their creation. Higher birthdays come with better gifts. If you don't care about birthday gifts and the perks they come with, go ahead and delete your character. Most people prefer to hold to them even if they don't play them.

Archived