Can Axe be turned Into a Main Hand Weapon Instead of Off Hand? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Revenant

Can Axe be turned Into a Main Hand Weapon Instead of Off Hand?

Ragion.2831Ragion.2831 Member ✭✭✭

This post feels really pointless because of the way Anet handles communication and updates but oh well. Power rev needs another main hand power weapon. Instead of waiting for another xpac for this or another 3 month balance patch, would it be possible to flip axe to main hand now? Hammer is really bad in pvp as it is and its really inconvenient running 2 mainhand swords in a double dual wield build.

Theres no need to protect thieves anymore now that they one shot and still have spammable teleports, stealth, blind and have also learned how to fight revenants.

Comments

• You should try hammer and sword/x, it works quite nicely overall and especially so against scourges.

• narcx.3570narcx.3570 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why do you need two mainhand swords...? You can just have one mainhand and then two off hands for swap procs? Or you can equip a mainhand sword and nothing as weapon set 1 and then no mainland and your offhand as weapon set 2 and still proc weapon swaps.

• Ragion.2831Ragion.2831 Member ✭✭✭

@narcx.3570 said:
    Why do you need two mainhand swords...? You can just have one mainhand and then two off hands for swap procs? Or you can equip a mainhand sword and nothing as weapon set 1 and then no mainland and your offhand as weapon set 2 and still proc weapon swaps.

Its cuz of cooldowns not swap procs. Swap procs happen on legend swap anyway. I dont even keep track of swap proc cds because there are already 200 different things we have to keep track of with this class since this game has abysmal visual cues.

the wait time on sword 2 and 3 becomes an issue if i have to run through both of them and weapon swap. Ive been running staff since beta but the loss of damage compared to early HoT is getting on my nerves when every other class has 30 different very fast burst damage skills.

@ImperialWL.7138 said:
    You should try hammer and sword/x, it works quite nicely overall and especially so against scourges.

Ive run this, it worked alright, its just hammer is so sluggish and the damage is not that impressive for its speed. Hammer 2 used to do so much damage, but they nerfed it meanwhile Eles, mesmers and thieves are one shotting from range.

On a side note they really should restore shield to its early version. Shield 5 was a stun break that also stopped all condition damage even if it was already applied. Shield 4 makes no sense to me. I mean what in the actual...look at this:

Sword nerfed across the board.
    Staff nerfed across the board
    Legend swap forced to be mandatory to encourage legend swapping (according to Grouch) all for no good reason. Legend swapping also slows reaction times. It also becomes a problem when you cant see cooldowns of a non equipped legend
    Shield nerfed for no good reason
    Hammer nerfed mostly cuz CoR did a lot of damage in WvW. Since changes could not be split between wvw and pvp they just axed the skill in both game modes.
    Salvation still useless in pvp. The salvation line is still too closely tied to using the legend
    Still no disengage.

Meanwhile, Thief's xpacs will either 1 shot you or pop you melee for 75% hp and then ghost. Mesmer will one shot you, or dump 17 stacks of confusion and ghost, Spellbreaker can have enough passives running at the same time to build a second set of utility skills. Except they dont need to legend swap.

Its still possible to run rev in pvp, takes 100% concentration all the time which can be pretty exhausting . Its pretty obvious different teams build the classes, some better than others. Im willing to bet its the guys who worked on necromancer that have been balancing Rev. No class should be this purposefully hindered

• I mean if you just switch axe to mainland then there is no offhand weapon for condi rev. Making axe mainhand as well as off hand would we dope, you could go sw/axe and axe/sw, but you would need to add some defense to mainland axe or else you'd just die in melee.

I think hammer is fine in PvP though. So is staff. I wish I could run staff, but hammer feels mandatory as a way to deal with scourges. If the pof specs get nerfed rev would be in a much better spot without even getting buffed.

But ya know, muh xpac sales

• Ragion.2831Ragion.2831 Member ✭✭✭

@Flauvious.6195 said:
    I mean if you just switch axe to mainland then there is no offhand weapon for condi rev. Making axe mainhand as well as off hand would we dope, you could go sw/axe and axe/sw, but you would need to add some defense to mainland axe or else you'd just die in melee.

I think hammer is fine in PvP though. So is staff. I wish I could run staff, but hammer feels mandatory as a way to deal with scourges. If the pof specs get nerfed rev would be in a much better spot without even getting buffed.

Condi Herald can use mace/ sword and axe /shield. Majority of the condi stacking comes from corruption trait procs that work with this combination. Renegade can use mace/sword and bow.

I cant remember the last time I saw a renegade in pvp. The spec is horrific. I think it might have been designed by a new set of devs that dont know the first thing about PvP. Maybe its good for PvE at least?

It would be great if there was a newly designed axe for mainhand but because Anet only releases weapons with expansions, a newly designed mainhand power weapon is not going to happen for at least another 2 years, and its going to be tied to a trait line.

Tbh it doesnt matter to me anymore, decided today that i'm about done. The patch that redesigned sword off hand and traits got me to come back for a bit and i wondered what renegade would look like. But for quite a few years these guys have handled the classes in Pvp like amateurs. I always think, ok maybe this patch.

I'm kinda happy for necro tho, I mained it for a long time, the design is foolish, used to always need a bodyguard, but it finally lost the title of worst class in the game. Might be because condition damage is out of control, but still.

Dmn, no one else does this kind of combat though.

• @Ragion.2831 said:

@Flauvious.6195 said:
    I mean if you just switch axe to mainland then there is no offhand weapon for condi rev. Making axe mainhand as well as off hand would we dope, you could go sw/axe and axe/sw, but you would need to add some defense to mainland axe or else you'd just die in melee.

Condi Herald can use mace/ sword and axe /shield. Majority of the condi stacking comes from corruption trait procs that work with this combination. Renegade can use mace/sword and bow.

I cant remember the last time I saw a renegade in pvp. The spec is horrific. I think it might have been designed by a new set of devs that dont know the first thing about PvP. Maybe its good for PvE at least?

It would be great if there was a newly designed axe for mainhand but because Anet only releases weapons with expansions, a newly designed mainhand power weapon is not going to happen for at least another 2 years, and its going to be tied to a trait line.

Tbh it doesnt matter to me anymore, decided today that i'm about done. The patch that redesigned sword off hand and traits got me to come back for a bit and i wondered what renegade would look like. But for quite a few years these guys have handled the classes in Pvp like amateurs. I always think, ok maybe this patch.

I'm kinda happy for necro tho, I mained it for a long time, the design is foolish, used to always need a bodyguard, but it finally lost the title of worst class in the game. Might be because condition damage is out of control, but still.

Dmn, no one else does this kind of combat though.

Condi rev might as well just go mace/shield and axe/shield because offhand sword skills would literally never be worth the energy in a condi build. Even then there's no reason to go herald instead of renegade in a condi build so no shield either. And Short bow is garbage.

But you're right, class is in a sad state and is completely neglected in PvP and probably won't receive changes for years.

• Vulf.3098Vulf.3098 Member ✭✭✭

Nerfing the only good build it has in Raids for an off chance it might be okay in PvP is a terrible idea. We need to make the spec better not worse.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

The fact there is no synergy between kalla and mallyx is horrible as well... and when you swap from mace/ax too shortbow your condies fall off like fat cats trying to climb a tree.

• just give us dual scepters and the ritualist spec and we golden, boiiiii.

• If mace would be made an off hand weapon without any changes to it's current 2 & 3 skills during this transition,then yes axe mh could be the coolest thing.