Hotfix that affects PvP

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Just some update that may affect PvP changes, see here for more details

Elementalist:

• Electric Discharge: Fixed a bug that caused players using this trait to attack the nearest target instead of the active target.

Guardian:

• Merciful Intervention (PvP only): The revive amount of this ability has been reduced from 20% to 5%.
  • Chapter 2: Radiant Recovery (PvP only): The number of conditions removed by this skill has been reduced from 3 to 2.
  • Mantra of Lore—Opening Passage (PvP only): The number of conditions removed by this skill has been reduced from 2 to 1.
  • Mantra of Lore—Clarified Conclusion: The number of conditions converted to boons by this skill has been increased from 2 to 5.

Didn't put down engineer and ranger ones since they rarely used in PvP, but yeah what do you guys think about it? Is firebrand still super anti-condi?

Looks like they're pushing for firebrand to use the final mantra more, though F3 tome resistance probably still need a slight CD increase.Reducing support capability will also reduce scourge survival but I doubt the meta will change much.

Also FA ele got its bug fixed though I'd still prefer fury over 1 stack of might for arcane :c

@"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:Just some update that may affect PvP changes, see here for more details

Elementalist:

• Electric Discharge: Fixed a bug that caused players using this trait to attack the nearest target instead of the active target.

Guardian:

• Merciful Intervention (PvP only): The revive amount of this ability has been reduced from 20% to 5%.
  • Chapter 2: Radiant Recovery (PvP only): The number of conditions removed by this skill has been reduced from 3 to 2.
  • Mantra of Lore—Opening Passage (PvP only): The number of conditions removed by this skill has been reduced from 2 to 1.
  • Mantra of Lore—Clarified Conclusion: The number of conditions converted to boons by this skill has been increased from 2 to 5.

Didn't put down engineer and ranger ones since they rarely used in PvP, but yeah what do you guys think about it? Is firebrand still super anti-condi?

Looks like they're pushing for firebrand to use the final mantra more, though F3 tome resistance probably still need a slight CD increase.Reducing support capability will also reduce scourge survival but I doubt the meta will change much.

Also FA ele got its bug fixed though I'd still prefer fury over 1 stack of might for arcane :c

Too many scourges complained that it is impossible to kill firebrand. So they decided to step the game up and help poor guys.

Scourge mains must be fist pumping at how retarded the balancing team is right now.

Firebrands ability to remove conditions is nearly halved but now they can turn 5 conditions into boons with a skill which is never used (Due to it killing your ability to condi cleanse for the next 25 seconds). If for some reason you do use that final mantra activation, those converted conditions will then be corrupted back to conditions anyway in the next 3 seconds of a fight due to the insane amount of boon corruption Scourge has, effectively making the condi removal aspect of the skill useless.

Let's take the only profession which can somewhat mitigate Scourge's ridiculous strengths and nerf it.

Genius.

I main Firebrand and I approve of these changes. Hope the MI change carries over to WvW as well, I understand it's caused some issues there.One more change I'd like to see for Fb is them removing Stability from Unflinching Charge(ToC #1 skill), maybe add some damage to compensate.

Now if they just did something to Unending Corruption on Scourges, I'd be pretty happy. Maybe just make it apply on Desert Shroud(F5) or the F4 skill, instead of on summon F1.

@Pombear.8027 said:Scourge mains must be fist pumping at how kitten the balancing team is right now.

Firebrands ability to remove conditions is nearly halved but now they can turn 5 conditions into boons with a skill which is never used (Due to it killing your ability to condi cleanse for the next 25 seconds). If for some reason you do use that final mantra activation, those converted conditions will then be corrupted back to conditions anyway in the next 3 seconds of a fight due to the insane amount of boon corruption Scourge has, effectively making the condi removal aspect of the skill useless.

Let's take the only profession which can somewhat mitigate Scourge's ridiculous strengths and nerf it.

Genius.

You do know it goes hand in hand yes? Scourge is literally unkillable because of FB, remove FB from the equation and you can suddenly kill Scourges yes? I'm obviously not saying scourge is balanced, but it's more broken paired up with a firebrand who more or less were immortal and probably still are towards power damage/condi

@bluri.2653 said:You do know it goes hand in hand yes? Scourge is literally unkillable because of FB, remove FB from the equation and you can suddenly kill Scourges yes? I'm obviously not saying scourge is balanced, but it's more broken paired up with a firebrand who more or less were immortal and probably still are towards power damage/condi

I understand the concept of an indirect nerf, the problem is that this nerf affects everyone and not just Firebrand and Scourge.

Sure, Scourge is now easier to kill if FB is nerfed but Scourge now also has an easier time killing everyone else.

When the problem is clearly to do with Scourge, the nerf should be directed there.

Archived