[Question] Warrior Leveling Build?

Deewee.4580

I recently started messing around with GW2 again… after being away since the first few months the game was out. Since then, of course, they reworked stuff and locked in a bunch of things on my character’s builds that I find… well, sub-optimal. My Warrior was the worst off, but still has some hero points saved up so he’s not hopeless.

I’m looking for a solid SOLO leveling PvE build You don’t need to get ultra-detailed… I’d be happy with:Utility 1: XUtility 2: YUtility 3: ZUtility 4: UWeapon Set 1: AWeapon Set 2: BValuable traits i should focus on

Any more info is appreciated, but the above would at least give me a running start…Thanks in advance for any info!

@Oglaf.1074 said:It won't teach you much about actually playing a Warrior once you hit 80 or anything, but it is stupidly simple to use.

Signet of Healing, Signet of Fury, Signet of Might, Signet of Stamina & Signet of Rage.

^This^ With GS/Rifle if you're new to the game again as far as traits go, Strength, Discipline, Defense.

Strength take peak performance in case you fall from somewhere high, forceful greatsword because might, and might makes right because might heals you and give you more dodges.

Discipline take warrior's sprint because movement removes immob and you go faster, then brawler's recovery because remove condi on weapon swap, and lastly burst mastery because more adrenaline is better(AH in defense line).

Defense take dogged march because reduced duration on chills, cripple, immob and get regen, defy pain because auto endure pain is nice if you get in over your head, and lastly I like last stand because auto stability when you're CC'ed(you can swap it out for cleansing ire if you're getting too many conditions).

Run everything as glassy as you can and that should give you one of the most passive builds in the game that you can have. I mainly added rifle for the small times when you need range to do something, you could also take LB in it's place since it's more aoe friendly. As you learn the game a little more you can start ditching your signets, but as far as solo leveling a warrior the 5 signet warrior is very easy. You can also ditch defense for arms and be even more glassy if you wish, probably wouldn't take tactics until you're playing with other people (it's our only trait line that isn't selfish).

I actually run a build very similar to my roaming WvW one in open world PvE, utilities aside.

Strength/Discipline/Defense. Yep, no Berserker. Must traits are might makes right, forceful greatsword, shield master and of course warrior's sprint. Weapons are GS and Axe/Shield. Gear is berserker.

When it comes to utilities I usually go with Healing Signet, For Great Justice, Signet of Fury and Banner of Strength just to help out during events. If you want to go more solo, you can swap the banner for Signet of Might if you want something a bit more passive, or Bull's Rush if you want to zip around the map. Elite pretty much always Signet of Rage.

I would say the only problem with the build is that you lack range for when it's strictly necessary, but for everything else you're pretty much unkillable. Thanks to might makes right you are healed and gain endurance every time you crit with the greatsword, block with the shield, land an eviscerate, use for great justice and when you pop your elite. Add to that the passive regen from healing sig and adrenal health (which will always be at 3 stacks since you don't use primal bursts) and you're quite the juggernaut. It's probably a bit overkill for normal mobs, but it works great against champions, making them real easy to solo.

Archived