"Vampire" e-spec

Dadnir.5038

With the necromancer in it's current state which left some players like me with a dirty feeling, there is dicussions after discussions over mainly the same issues. So I felt like I needed to stop looking at the present and try to sneak pick into the futur! Here is some food for thought!

The name: Vampire, bloodborn, bloodsucker, leech... As you see fit

Concept: As the necromancer's specs work a lot around conceptual idea, I'll try to define this one's e-spec concept. Simply put, the concept revolve around the good old image aof a vampire, Bloodsucking fiend with some mobility, the ability to appear out of nowhere and some twist around the "charming" thematic.

Class mechanic: Here, I'm mixing scourge and the good old guardian profession mechanic.

F1 - Bloodthirst aura: Clad yourself into a bloody aura that allow you to drain life every 5 attack. Upkeep LF: 3%. CD 10s (count as the "shroud". Proc enter shroud traits upon entering and grant passive shroud traits effect while in this state. The life drain proc shroud skill 1 trait effects)

F2 - Blood rush: Work exactly like ancestral grace (druid) except that it bleed foes you pass throught, drain life at the targeted area and cost LF. (Yes... I'm suggesting a reliable movement skill with an evade frame)

F3 - Vampire gaze: apply fear on foes in front of you. Cost LF. Conic area of effect. (minor trait make feared foe come to you instead of fleeing)

F4 - Frozen lord: Make you immun to all damage and unable to do anything else but move for 3 seconds. Foes downed in the radius are prevented from gaining heath or being rallied. Cost LF. (30 second CD)

F5 - Vanish: Gain stealth and superspeed for 3 seconds. Break stun. Cost LF. CD 30 seconds.

Weapon: While I think a weapon only add flavor and is not really important, I also think that a "vampire" have a feeling of being a refined/noble being. That's why my choice is the Main hand sword which feel like the weapon of nobility.

Skill1 - Probably a chained mele auto attack that apply bleed. We talk about a vampire here! No blood no vampire!

Skill2 - Ravenous charge: leap on your foe inflicting damage and bleeding it.

Skill3 - Blood field: Create a dark field dealing damage while bleeding and weakening foes around you every second for 5 seconds.

Utility skills: There are some hard choice here. Chosing between deception (which fit the vampire's ability to trick it's foes), glamour (which might work better with the idea of nobility) and a special type of minions which we could call symbiot (which would fit the idea of leeching). I'll go with the later here: Blood symbiot. Blood symbiots are organisms that either act like self buff or, if they are offensive, act like the karka newborns, going straigth at their target to explode and attach themself to the target. (counterplay: kill the minion, dodge explosion, dodge while it's attached to you)

Healing skill - use the skill to gain a small amount of health and create a symbiot that attach itself to you for 12 seconds. This symbiot convert incoming poison into regeneration. While the symbiot is attached to you, you can chose to consume/destroy it to gain health. Interval 2 seconds.

Skill1 - release a symbiot that go toward your foe to explode before attaching itself for 12 seconds to up to 5 foes in it's radius periodically inflicting blind to these foes. Interval 3 seconds.

Skill2 - release a symbiot that go toward your foe to explode before attaching itself for 12 seconds to up to 5 foes in it's radius periodically inflicting cripple to these foes. Interval 3 seconds.

Skill3 - create a symbiot that attach itself to you for 12 seconds. This symbiot convert bleeds into might. Interval 2 seconds. You can chose to destroy/consume this symbiot to gain superspeed for 3 seconds.

Skill4 - summon a symbiot that attach itself to you for 12 seconds. This symbiot convert weakness into vigor. Interval 2 seconds. You can chose to destoy/consume this symbiot to create a blast that inflict vulnerability on foes around you and cleanse 1 condition on allies around you.

elite skill - summon a symbiot that attach itself to you for 12 seconds. This symbiot convert chill into frost aura. Interval 2 seconds. You can chose to destroy/consume this symbiot to create a blast that chill and corrupt foes boons around you.

Traits:

Minor traits:

• Blood awakening: infuse life force into your blood and gain access to vampire skills and blood symbiots.
  • Bewitching fears: when you inflict fear to a foe this foe come toward you instead of running away.
  • Blood frenzy: hitting a bleeding foe grant you fury. Deal 5% more damage onto a bleeding foe.

Upper traitline:

• Progenitor: Blood Symbiots have shorter cd and last longer.
  • Bloodbath: Periodically gain health if there is a bleeding foe in the radius. Health gain intensity can go up to 5 stack.
  • Blood lord: Bloodthirst aura now proc every 3 hits an affect up to 5 targets around you.

Middle traitline:

• Frozen shards: Frost aura on you also bleed foes that hit you.
  • Spectral leaps: Whenever you leap into a dark field, gain frost aura.
  • Frozen lord's wrath: When frozen lord end, gain frost aura and proc a lesser elite symbiot, blasting the area to inflict chill and corrupt boons on foes around you.

Bottom traitline:

• Vicious fencer: gain ferocity when wielding a sword. A portion of your ferocity is gained as expertise.
  • Nocturnal: Deal more damage while in a dark field.
  • Blood armor: Bloodthirst aura reduce incoming Power and condition damage by 20%.

Enjoy!

I love Vampiric classes, but I agree with Rhyse, Taking away Shroud probably isn't the best idea.What I'd like to see would be something along the lines of:Death Shroud becomes Blood Frenzy.Blood Frenzy: You assume a more feral form. While in this form, Movement speed is increased by 25% (does not stack), Damage received is decreased by 15%, and your Damage is increased by 20%. While in this form Life force drops Rapidly but is not affected by opponent's attacks, however each strike you hit with rewards you with a little bit more LF(enough to keep you going but not enough to allow to camp in).These numbers can obviously be played around with so it isn't to broken but I like the idea of a vampire getting a rush from having just fed. :P

@Rhyse.8179 said:A necro without shroud is not a necro.

ThisEveryone at Anet, please stop trying to develop Necro around gimmicks that only test out positively on bots and give the class it's due! Shroud in a nutshell was the original strength behind the Necromancer and gave it the survive ability it needed based on the lack of movement trade offs. Let's not kid ourselves, the current path of dev's whether knowingly or not have chipped away at everything that made shroud the key component and deciding factor for playing a Necromancer. Stop trying to do away with this or give us the trade-offs we need to make us competitive. Shroud sustain and damage is all that saves this class from being a forgotten waste of time. Necromancers have little if anything to offer and frankly the one use i've found was bringing players back from the dead in shroud form...i sure as jeebus didn't add value with sub-standard DPS.So in nutshell, i never want the shroud to disappear because without this key difference the class has nothing and certainly has no reason to be in GW2 compared to every other useful class.

@"Xykris.6758" said:I love Vampiric classes, but I agree with Rhyse, Taking away Shroud probably isn't the best idea.What I'd like to see would be something along the lines of:Death Shroud becomes Blood Frenzy.Blood Frenzy: You assume a more feral form. While in this form, Movement speed is increased by 25% (does not stack), Damage received is decreased by 15%, and your Damage is increased by 20%. While in this form Life force drops Rapidly but is not affected by opponent's attacks, however each strike you hit with rewards you with a little bit more LF(enough to keep you going but not enough to allow to camp in).These numbers can obviously be played around with so it isn't to broken but I like the idea of a vampire getting a rush from having just fed. :P

In fact what I suggest is close to what I wrote. Simply you have to trait to have the benefit that ou look for.

The idea is that by pressing F1 you gain a "shroud" which is basically an unique selfish "boon" giving you access to all in shroud enhancement at the price of some life force per seconds. This shroud/aura/boon have the basic effect to give you an extra life siphon every 5 attacks (virtue of justice in a nutshell ;) ). When traited it passively grant you access to all kind of passive buff, including:

• extra crit chance: Death perception
  • more damage: blood lord (more procs on reaper's might, unyielding blast, dhuumfire), Deadly strength
  • health regeneration: unholy sanctuary
  • cleanse: shroud removal
  • or damage mitigation: Blood armor, armored shroud

This shroud/aura/boon let you use your basic skills including LF gen, it's important because the idea is that you are supposed to have the ability to offset the LF degen so that using it don't lock you totally out of the other shroud skills which are more "utilities" than anyhting else.

It may be my fault that you didn't understood this since I named F1 Bloodthirst aura, while I could have replaced "aura" by the term "shroud".

NB.: I think it's ok if we can "camp in" this form as long as you need to be in combat and actively attacking to be able to do it.

As long as we get a Mist Form (your shroud skill 4 is perfect), "Ride The Lighting" (your shroud skill 2 is perfect) and such. Mobility+Active defense is what necromancer needs desperately the most. Thief merge like Mirage got. This should be next for necro.

I love the idea of fear making foes come to you!I would change the skill3 on sword. I would make it a blinding pulsing field with smoke aoe effect. Yes honey, blast that stealth!

Now to the Symbiots.Healing skill - very good!But the others? Not so much. I don't think they are powerful enough. Especially that they assume you have conditions on you, which is something you want to avoid in the first place. Imo the utilities should work like this- first the symbiot is attached to you, then you can use it second time to make it leap to your target (or target area) for second effect.I don't like the "convert condi to boon" aura, except on the healing skill. I would rather have the symbiots pulse might/fury on me and 5 allies near me, reflect projectiles, reduce inc dmg, pulse stability, and when they leap to a foe they would do a variety of things like blinding, leeching health to me, blast finisher as you suggested, pulse vulnerability, corrupt boons, pulse daze, this sort of thing.Elite symbiot i would make like a seed that you throw somewhere and in case of your death/downed you would respawn where the symbiot is, immediately (vampires are immortal!)

As for traits - more % direct dmg modifiers, to make it more in line with the Reaper for dps (or even better since it has second hp bar wink wink).

Overall I rarely like fan-created elite spec ideas but this is probably the 2nd ever that I thoroughly agree with. Good job and may ANet work with this.

@"Sublimatio.6981" said:As long as we get a Mist Form (your shroud skill 4 is perfect), "Ride The Lighting" (your shroud skill 2 is perfect) and such. Mobility+Active defense is what necromancer needs desperately the most. Thief merge like Mirage got. This should be next for necro.

I love the idea of fear making foes come to you!I would change the skill3 on sword. I would make it a blinding pulsing field with smoke aoe effect. Yes honey, blast that stealth!

Now to the Symbiots.Healing skill - very good!But the others? Not so much. I don't think they are powerful enough. Especially that they assume you have conditions on you, which is something you want to avoid in the first place. Imo the utilities should work like this- first the symbiot is attached to you, then you can use it second time to make it leap to your target (or target area) for second effect.I don't like the "convert condi to boon" aura, except on the healing skill. I would rather have the symbiots pulse might/fury on me and 5 allies near me, reflect projectiles, reduce inc dmg, pulse stability, and when they leap to a foe they would do a variety of things like blinding, leeching health to me, blast finisher as you suggested, pulse vulnerability, corrupt boons, pulse daze, this sort of thing.Elite symbiot i would make like a seed that you throw somewhere and in case of your death/downed you would respawn where the symbiot is, immediately (vampires are immortal!)

As for traits - more % direct dmg modifiers, to make it more in line with the Reaper for dps (or even better since it has second hp bar wink wink).

Overall I rarely like fan-created elite spec ideas but this is probably the 2nd ever that I thoroughly agree with. Good job and may ANet work with this.

Sword3: this is kinda selfish but I wanted to make use of our load of dark fields through nocturnal and it felt like sword 3 was destined to be a dark field to support this idea. And blind on a dark field would be kinda redundant...

Direct damage modifier: I didn't put any number value on the trait (nocturnal) but from my point of view it was an obvious 10% increase or maybe 7% while out of F1 and 14% while in F1 mode. Granted that there is also the possibility to have access to life leeching, I thought it might be already a huge increase in Anet's view.

Symbiots: Sorry I was to lazy and I ended up showcasing 3 kind of "form" they could maybe have. The self attach that you can consume, the directly offensive and the defensive with an offensive option. This was just for the sake of variety.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Xykris.6758" said:I love Vampiric classes, but I agree with Rhyse, Taking away Shroud probably isn't the best idea.What I'd like to see would be something along the lines of:Death Shroud becomes Blood Frenzy.Blood Frenzy: You assume a more feral form. While in this form, Movement speed is increased by 25% (does not stack), Damage received is decreased by 15%, and your Damage is increased by 20%. While in this form Life force drops Rapidly but is not affected by opponent's attacks, however each strike you hit with rewards you with a little bit more LF(enough to keep you going but not enough to allow to camp in).These numbers can obviously be played around with so it isn't to broken but I like the idea of a vampire getting a rush from having just fed. :P

In fact what I suggest is close to what I wrote. Simply you have to trait to have the benefit that ou look for.

The idea is that by pressing F1 you gain a "shroud" which is basically an unique selfish "boon" giving you access to all in shroud enhancement at the price of some life force per seconds. This shroud/aura/boon have the basic effect to give you an extra life siphon every 5 attacks (virtue of justice in a nutshell ;) ). When traited it passively grant you access to all kind of passive buff, including:
  • extra crit chance:
    Death perception
  • more damage:
    blood lord
    (more procs on
    reaper's might
    unyielding blast
    dhuumfire
    ),
    Deadly strength
  • health regeneration:
    unholy sanctuary
  • cleanse:
    shroud removal
  • or damage mitigation:
    Blood armor
    armored shroud

This shroud/aura/boon let you use your basic skills including LF gen, it's important because the idea is that you are supposed to have the ability to offset the LF degen so that using it don't lock you totally out of the other shroud skills which are more "utilities" than anyhting else.

It may be my fault that you didn't understood this since I named F1
Bloodthirst aura
, while I could have replaced "aura" by the term "shroud".

NB.: I think it's ok if we can "camp in" this form as long as you need to be in combat and actively attacking to be able to do it.

my mistake I must have missed that part lol I was tired when I read it. :P

@"Dadnir.5038" said:With the necromancer in it's current state which left some players like me with a dirty feeling, there is dicussions after discussions over mainly the same issues. So I felt like I needed to stop looking at the present and try to sneak pick into the futur! Here is some food for thought!

The name: Vampire, bloodborn, bloodsucker, leech... As you see fit

Make it Vampire

Concept: As the necromancer's specs work a lot around conceptual idea, I'll try to define this one's e-spec concept. Simply put, the concept revolve around the good old image aof a vampire, Bloodsucking fiend with some mobility, the ability to appear out of nowhere and some twist around the "charming" thematic.

Class mechanic: Here, I'm mixing scourge and the good old guardian profession mechanic.

F1 - Bloodthirst aura: Clad yourself into a bloody aura that allow you to drain life every 5 attack. Upkeep LF: 3%. CD 10s (count as the "shroud". Proc enter shroud traits upon entering and grant passive shroud traits effect while in this state. The life drain proc shroud skill 1 trait effects)

F2 - Blood rush: Work exactly like ancestral grace (druid) except that it bleed foes you pass throught, drain life at the targeted area and cost LF. (Yes... I'm suggesting a reliable movement skill with an evade frame)

F3 - Vampire gaze: apply fear on foes in front of you. Cost LF. Conic area of effect. (minor trait make feared foe come to you instead of fleeing)

F4 - Frozen lord: Make you immun to all damage and unable to do anything else but move for 3 seconds. Foes downed in the radius are prevented from gaining heath or being rallied. Cost LF. (30 second CD)

F5 - Vanish: Gain stealth and superspeed for 3 seconds. Break stun. Cost LF. CD 30 seconds.

You need to decide if you want sth. scourge-like or a classic necro shroud, making both wont work maybe it will, but Lets act like you made it a classic necro shroudLF drain 4% and cd 9s for entering shroud to keep it in line with core necro. Maybe make it a bat form?

Shroud autoattack: drain life form one foe (channeled ability like ele air scepter 1)4 is too strong need to strip the second part5 too weak and i dont think that necro should get stealth at all

Weapon: While I think a weapon only add flavor and is not really important, I also think that a "vampire" have a feeling of being a refined/noble being. That's why my choice is the Main hand sword which feel like the weapon of nobility.

Skill1 - Probably a chained mele auto attack that apply bleed. We talk about a vampire here! No blood no vampire!

Skill2 - Ravenous charge: leap on your foe inflicting damage and bleeding it.

Skill3 - Blood field: Create a dark field dealing damage while bleeding and weakening foes around you every second for 5 seconds.

its ok

Utility skills: There are some hard choice here. Chosing between deception (which fit the vampire's ability to trick it's foes), glamour (which might work better with the idea of nobility) and a special type of minions which we could call symbiot (which would fit the idea of leeching). I'll go with the later here: Blood symbiot. Blood symbiots are organisms that either act like self buff or, if they are offensive, act like the karka newborns, going straigth at their target to explode and attach themself to the target. (counterplay: kill the minion, dodge explosion, dodge while it's attached to you)

Healing skill - use the skill to gain a small amount of health and create a symbiot that attach itself to you for 12 seconds. This symbiot convert incoming poison into regeneration. While the symbiot is attached to you, you can chose to consume/destroy it to gain health. Interval 2 seconds.

Skill1 - release a symbiot that go toward your foe to explode before attaching itself for 12 seconds to up to 5 foes in it's radius periodically inflicting blind to these foes. Interval 3 seconds.

This would be to strong with perma blind, maybe more bleed and torment

Skill2 - release a symbiot that go toward your foe to explode before attaching itself for 12 seconds to up to 5 foes in it's radius periodically inflicting cripple to these foes. Interval 3 seconds.

just looks like skill one. You can do that, but you can think of sth. better, maybe sth that makes a dark field?

Skill3 - create a symbiot that attach itself to you for 12 seconds. This symbiot convert bleeds into might. Interval 2 seconds. You can chose to destroy/consume this symbiot to gain superspeed for 3 seconds.

Its ok. I dont think that it will be a common used skill, but its fine

Skill4 - summon a symbiot that attach itself to you for 12 seconds. This symbiot convert weakness into vigor. Interval 2 seconds. You can chose to destoy/consume this symbiot to create a blast that inflict vulnerability on foes around you and cleanse 1 condition on allies around you.

also ok, but weakness isa rare condi. I dont think that you need a skill as a counter for it

elite skill - summon a symbiot that attach itself to you for 12 seconds. This symbiot convert chill into frost aura. Interval 2 seconds. You can chose to destroy/consume this symbiot to create a blast that chill and corrupt foes boons around you.

Traits:

Minor traits:

• Blood awakening: infuse life force into your blood and gain access to vampire skills and blood symbiots.
  • Bewitching fears: when you inflict fear to a foe this foe come toward you instead of running away.I like that one
  • Blood frenzy: hitting a bleeding foe grant you fury. Deal 5% more damage onto a bleeding foe.I also like this one^^

Upper traitline:

• Progenitor: Blood Symbiots have shorter cd and last longer.
  • Bloodbath: Periodically gain health if there is a bleeding foe in the radius. Health gain intensity can go up to 5 stack.Turn this one in sth. that interacts with dark fields
  • Blood lord: Bloodthirst aura now proc every 3 hits an affect up to 5 targets around you.If you want to base a trait on another you need to make it in a way that you have that effect no matter what you choose.

Middle traitline:

• Frozen shards: Frost aura on you also bleed foes that hit you.
  • Spectral leaps: Whenever you leap into a dark field, gain frost aura.
  • Frozen lord's wrath: When frozen lord end, gain frost aura and proc a lesser elite symbiot, blasting the area to inflict chill and corrupt boons on foes around you.Its ok maybe make the grandmaster increase duration of frozen lord

Bottom traitline:

• Vicious fencer: gain ferocity when wielding a sword. A portion of your ferocity is gained as expertise.
  • Nocturnal: Deal more damage while in a dark field.
  • Blood armor: Bloodthirst aura reduce incoming Power and condition damage by 20%.

@"Namless.4028" It's because the F1 is in this shape, that it make the profession unique. It's goal is to use life force in a different way. You continuously drain life force to empower yourself, you don't enter into a "new" form.

Also keep in mind that it's not polished in any way, I just wrote it on the spurt of the moment. After steping back and looking at it, I can see quite a few area where I can't help but think: "damn it! That thing feel quite op, It might be a good idea to tone it down". Especially blood lord, with the ability to aoe proc quite a few traits, this trait feel quite strong. Would it be good to have more focus on dark fields? Is the focus on frost aura a good fit? ... etc. I asked myself plenty of questions. It's just that my main purpose was to showcase a few ideas that I feel would fit the necromancer even if not on a single e-spec.

Anyway, thanks to the feedback.

One week after release, we get an emergency-bugfix-patch due necro-vampire dealing too much damage whith too much sustain.I know it sounds cool to do both but there´s a reason why vladimir from league is kept in a semi-weak state.The combination of damage and default-sustain is just too strong and regarding how anet its patch-policy works I would rather have an elite-spec that´s focusing on one thing. (example: Damage OR sustain not damage AND sustain)

(I refer with sustain to sustained healing, e.g. rapidly restoring health whilst dealing damage)(overall my wvw/pvp-perspective, though we would get nerfed anyway due being able to solo bosses or being able to out-sustain the damage of a raid-boss)

@"Arzurag.7506" said:One week after release, we get an emergency-bugfix-patch due necro-vampire dealing too much damage whith too much sustain.I know it sounds cool to do both but there´s a reason why vladimir from league is kept in a semi-weak state.The combination of damage and default-sustain is just too strong and regarding how anet its patch-policy works I would rather have an elite-spec that´s focusing on one thing. (example: Damage OR sustain not damage AND sustain)

(I refer with sustain to sustained healing, e.g. rapidly restoring health whilst dealing damage)(overall my wvw/pvp-perspective, though we would get nerfed anyway due being able to solo bosses or being able to out-sustain the damage of a raid-boss)

Well, it's not that much here in fact. Baseline you get to drain life once every 5 attack if you spend continuously some life force. You also lose the "2nd life bar" and have very limited defense: 2 skills. Traited you can bring up your life leeching but you need foes around you to do that, this act as a scaling sustain. The siphons effects are not meant to be great, half the value of a base burn is probably enough as damage/sustain. I don't think there is any way that such a spec would be able to solo bosses. Sure with high siphon value but honestly it's not meant to be able to drain more life than a GS reaper used to, and GS reaper has never been able to outsustain a boss thanks to it's life siphon. We were all agreeing that the GS traits was crap, weren't we? The spec don't give more siphon that the previous GS trait used to give. In fact it give less but it's easier to access it.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Arzurag.7506" said:One week after release, we get an emergency-bugfix-patch due necro-vampire dealing too much damage whith too much sustain.I know it sounds cool to do both but there´s a reason why vladimir from league is kept in a semi-weak state.The combination of damage and default-sustain is just too strong and regarding how anet its patch-policy works I would rather have an elite-spec that´s focusing on one thing. (example: Damage OR sustain not damage AND sustain)

Well, it's not that much here in fact. Baseline you get to drain life once every 5 attack if you spend continuously some life force. You also lose the "2nd life bar" and have very limited defense: 2 skills. Traited you can bring up your life leeching but you need foes around you to do that, this act as a scaling sustain. The siphons effects are not meant to be great, half the value of a base burn is probably enough as damage/sustain. I don't think there is any way that such a spec would be able to solo bosses. Sure with high siphon value but honestly it's not meant to be able to drain more life than a GS reaper used to, and GS reaper has never been able to outsustain a boss thanks to it's life siphon. We were all agreeing that the GS traits was crap, weren't we? The spec don't give more siphon that the previous GS trait used to give. In fact it give less but it's easier to access it.

Then this e-spec shouldn´t be called vampire´ish in any way.

What's a vampire? A creature that just drink blood? Anet showed that they like to emphasized on thematic, on the image you got of something.

A vampire is a creature that feed on blood yes, but it's also a bewitching beast that belong to darkness. It's often imagined as something that move quickly and can disappear from one's sight. There is also a lot of folklore that link vampire to nobility, showing them like refined gentlemen or distinguished ladies of the high society. The sight of blood often trigger their primitive instincts.

The goal was to achieve this "image", it wasn't to make a top dps high siphon spec. The "shroud" skills (F skills) are designed with different objectives:

• F1 represent the inherent blood sucking ability.
  • F2 is here for movement.
  • F3 embodie the bewitching ability.
  • F4 is the dignity of a lord, overbearing presence that can just disregard any damage.
  • F5 is here for the ability to disappear.

The sword is here to give the image of a refined duelist, which was often associated to nobility.The Blood symbiots show that it's a creature that rule over blood, even giving life to blood.

And lastly the traits try to support all of this. I've said it, it's not perfect in any way but it allowed me to write a few different ideas that I feel would fit the necromancer.

I was thinking about changing a few things to stop stepping on the toes of the reaper with all the chill.

F4 - Frozen lord become Night lord (same effects, I took the name frozen lord to remind of the old gw1 skill frozen soil)

Change on the elite skill:elite skill - summon a symbiot that attach itself to you for 12 seconds. This symbiot convert any condition into dark aura. Interval 2 seconds. You can chose to destroy/consume this symbiot to create a blast dealing damage for each conditions on you and corrupt boons from foes around you.

Dark aura: Whenever you are struck by a foe, this foe lose a boon and you lose a condition. ICD 1 second. Last 4 second.

Middle traitline:

• Spectral leaps: Whenever you leap into a dark field, gain dark aura.
  • Eternal darkness: Dark aura also grant you life force when you are struck. Dark aura last 50% longer.
  • Night lord's wrath: When frozen lord end, gain dark aura and proc a lesser elite symbiot, blasting dealing damage and corrupt a boon on foes around you.

NB.: Yeah this is another round of ideas ;)

@Rhyse.8179 said:A necro without shroud is not a necro.

If I could go back in time to 2012, I would remove shroud and give necromancers a more fitting mechanic, like a control panel for multiple minions, where you can choose what type of minion to spawn (like rangers choose their pet species). Shroud can stay as the special mechanic for reapers.

Archived