Mesmer power build in PVE

Hotsore.5836

:/ > @"Levetty.1279" said:

we only left with condi(mirage) and tank/support(chrono)

Not true. With the recent updates to some traits Mesmer has a decent power build. I use it very often and am usually around the top dps for Fractals, OW and dungeons. Raids Levetty might be right with Condi mirage and Support/tank chrono dominating the scene.

The build I currently run is here: https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/mesmer/power-mesmer/

This is actually one of the top builds for a few T4 fractals. As it pumps out consistant DPS agasint a lot of Phasing Bosses. The fractals include Nightmare, Chaos, SO, Reactor, and a few others. I've averaged as high as 43.4k clearing lower tier mobs and as high as 15.7k on boss fights. Normally, I get 20k clearing lower-tier mobs and 10k with boss fights. I don't follow the above guide to a T. I like using focus as my offhand as it is awesome for moving things along. I also use Greatsword because I've always believed in having a ranged weapon for encounters. It turns out Greatsword is fantastic for clearing stuff. I almost always switch out my focus for sword off-hand during boss fights.

I'm gonna post a video soon of some of my fractal footage. I sure hope power Mesmer continues to get love as I thoroughly enjoy it.

Extra tid bit. I'm extremely pleased this build is for Core Mesmer. As I don't think Elite specifications should render Core builds useless. It should just be additional options. As people take time and money to invest in gear around certain builds.

There are builds of all sorts. The real questions are if power builds are viable, and if other players will accept you for running those builds. As for viable, definitely. I've run power core mesmer and power chrono before, and they are more than capable. But, they are not optimal and players will generally frown upon you existing.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:There are builds of all sorts. The real questions are if power builds are viable, and if other players will accept you for running those builds. As for viable, definitely. I've run power core mesmer and power chrono before, and they are more than capable. But, they are not optimal and players will generally frown upon you existing.

Don't know why its thought they are not optimal when they are actually meta for quite a few of the tough fractals. Those who frown upon them must be pretty clueless.

@dontlook.1823 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:There are builds of all sorts. The real questions are if power builds are viable, and if other players will accept you for running those builds. As for viable, definitely. I've run power core mesmer and power chrono before, and they are more than capable. But, they are not optimal and players will generally frown upon you existing.

Don't know why its thought they are not optimal when they are actually meta for quite a few of the tough fractals. Those who frown upon them must be pretty clueless.

I think it has to do with the perception that the Mesmer would provide more to a team by way of permanent quickness and alacrity uptime than with only pure DPS. There tends to be an unfortunate way of thinking wherein the cookie-cutter reigns supreme which isn't entirely incorrect but it fails to account for player preference. We don't all enjoy playing the same way as everyone else.

@Llethander.3972 said:

I think it has to do with the perception that the Mesmer would provide more to a team by way of permanent quickness and alacrity uptime than with only pure DPS. There tends to be an unfortunate way of thinking wherein the cookie-cutter reigns supreme which isn't entirely incorrect but it fails to account for player preference. We don't all enjoy playing the same way as everyone else.

It just makes me wonder if people keep up with changes. As of now I keep up with some of the ~top~ power DPS classes such as Dragon-hunter, Engi, and Ele. I'm hoping they keep adding to Mesmer build variety.

@"dontlook.1823" said:http://plays.tv/video/5a348b90787222a9c6/various-fractal-power-mesmer Here is some footage I made tonight. Gonna make some more with boss fights on a good fractal night.

I'm sorry but I have to point this out, but what is that video supposed to show exactly? That power mesmer dps is competing with cPS warrior? cPS is terrible damage in fractals, even worse now since the nerf.

Some things wrong with that video:

• you are running with scourges on single target fights (and you cut the part where scourges could have epid at the end of uncategorized out)
  • not 1 weaver (I'd even settle for tempest), DH or power Holo all of which would blast your dps out the window if played properly
  • all single target, while that is useful on many bosses and power core works on CM bosses because of it, not all fractals have this amount of low cleave.

Last but not least, if power core works, phantasm mirage will work better both for cleave and single target.

Yes, power mesmer works due to its very low skill ceiling, it's still not good compared to what a competent player can pull on other power builds not to mention your 2nd dps now has to do double the work cleave wise.

The lack of cleave definitely hurts power mesmer a lot. I run a power mirage build in tier 1 and 2 fractals and although it's good for bosses (especially with the changes to interrupts making domination more viable for PvE) I really struggle to do much against big packs of trash mobs. What I'd like to see is GS1 changed so that the damage it does isn't affected by the range, as right now it's impossible to add it onto any sort of power pve rotation.

@Wandering Mist.2973 said:The lack of cleave definitely hurts power mesmer a lot. I run a power mirage build in tier 1 and 2 fractals and although it's good for bosses (especially with the changes to interrupts making domination more viable for PvE) I really struggle to do much against big packs of trash mobs. What I'd like to see is GS1 changed so that the damage it does isn't affected by the range, as right now it's impossible to add it onto any sort of power pve rotation.

I was doing 50k+ to big groups in video. meant to show it does pretty good bursting down lower-tier mobs as well as bosses.

@dontlook.1823 said:

@Wandering Mist.2973 said:The lack of cleave definitely hurts power mesmer a lot. I run a power mirage build in tier 1 and 2 fractals and although it's good for bosses (especially with the changes to interrupts making domination more viable for PvE) I really struggle to do much against big packs of trash mobs. What I'd like to see is GS1 changed so that the damage it does isn't affected by the range, as right now it's impossible to add it onto any sort of power pve rotation.

I was doing 50k+ to big groups in video. meant to show it does pretty good bursting down lower-tier mobs as well as bosses.

You were doing 9-15k single target and had one 35k burst spike in the video while using a shatter combo. Hardly consistent damage and definitely not 50k.

Great against trash which dies fast, useless against trash with a bit more life or which occurs more then every 20 seconds.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

You were doing 9-15k single target and had one 35k burst spike in the video while using a shatter combo. Hardly consistent damage and definitely not 50k.

Great against trash which dies fast, useless against trash with a bit more life or which occurs more then every 20 seconds.

You must have not watched it cause I was getting 20k+ on almost every mob in Urban. And idk whats with the tude dude. Like, SO Nightmare, Chaos, TR are all really great for Power mesmer. Also, go to 2:50 maximize so you can see the damage meter and you will see it's 50k DPS also if you go earlier it goes as high as 60k+. I wouldn't lie the proof is right there in the video lol. This is obviously some salty salt.

@dontlook.1823 said:

You must have not watched it cause I was getting 20k+ on almost every mob in Urban. And idk whats with the tude dude. Like, SO Nightmare, Chaos, TR are all really great for Power mesmer.

Can you please stick to something.

There is a difference between spike damage and consistent damage. Your consistent single target was around 9-15k in that video. If a target lives shorter than your shatter burst, it's not a target worth mentioning.

Make a video with a decent Holo, DH or Weaver and show us you being on top on a CM boss fight.

EDIT: listen I don't want to burst your bubble. You basically decided that a 3 month old outdated build is meta and that is fine. You then decide to take your opinion to the mesmer forums (and by now fractal/raid forums) with an attitude that all established mesmers are idiots:

@dontlook.1823 said:

What exaclty were you expecting reaction wise? We all had this discussion 3 months ago about how viable power mesmer was even before PoF launched. The build hasn't changed, its usefulness hasn't changed, the entire meta in the game did.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The biggest problem I find to be arguable with power mes would be its half assed burst (enough to kill vets and players pvp-wise, otherwise crppy on bosses). Another problem would be the perception around it (I made a post about pChrono some month ago). Lack of cleave doesn’t particularly stand out compared to some other meta and second-to-meta choices.

Most of the classes mentioned above have some great burst which makes them great/still great for meta. But as it should be known, meta goes best with meta. As soon as the meta composition falls out in some way, this is where pMesmer randomly appears. Like after 30-50s for a fractal boss or so. The build for this playstyle naturally blows unbuffed dps buffoons out of the water. It has a variety of panic buttons at hand. It doesn’t have a ridiculously demanding rotation. Therefore, pMesmer has a strong position in PUGs where meta builds and especially, good players cannot be confirmed. It loses its mojo the higher up the meta level but it doesn’t mean it should be totally rejected (especially if speedruns are not in question).

@dontlook.1823 said:I was doing 50k+ to big groups in video. meant to show it does pretty good bursting down lower-tier mobs as well as bosses.My dps log always gets pooped for trash mobs since I always have to begin combat with focus #4 and then DHs get to show off their mad numbers :anguished:

edit: wait... this is a ressed thread... /gg. Soooooooo hows power Mesmer now?

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:edit: wait... this is a ressed thread... /gg. Soooooooo hows power Mesmer now?

It's fine. It benchmarks at about 90% of deadeye dps, has pretty quick ramp-up and solid aoe clear. It's one of a good number of very solid dps builds in the game right now.

Edit: That's power chrono btw. Power mesmer is utter trash. Running vanilla mes is grounds for a kick from any group unless it's vanilla dungeons or like T3 fractals.

edit: wait... this is a ressed thread... /gg. Soooooooo hows power Mesmer now?Unless you run a 3dps comp of which 2 dps are weavers, pChrono is solid and one of the better dps builds for fractals.

Since it has a strong mid-term burst (10-30s) combined with some self-might, self-quickness and -alacrity, it shines in pugs where the overall boon coverage and decent team-dps is not always granted.

Archived