Give me my class back.

Meh.6419

Ever since before PoF, and currently in PoF, Revenant has been getting hit left and right with nerfs. From the beginning of nerfing Shiro evade, heal, etc. to nerfing sword 2 and staff 5 in PvP. Then they completely remove a very valued trait that was well suited for Revenant. (RIP Equilibrium 2015-2017 you're still missed.). And now they removed even another trait, or "revamped" to something completely terrible. Mutilate Defenses is what kept rev even a little bit good, because it offered a lot of sustain and leech damage, but now we have Expose Defenses. Oh boy. So much vuln uptime. (not).All I'm saying is that I want the class that I've loved since it was released back to its former glory, and not the piece of trash it is, and is being considered in this current meta of PvP.

But hey, let's keep buffing Mesmer as a whole. No biggie there. :')

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's because :1) They don't know how work our class.2) They uses dices do make changes.3) They want the class to died so they will be able to delete it.

It's been 2 nerf to power revenant and one to condi rev (like others condi class) so I expect that the next patch will be a condi rev nerf....Let's say : Changing "Rampant Vex" (torment on crit)... the only way for kalla/sb to apply torment sustainably, because it's working like the regretted "Mutilate Defense".

I just don't think anyone on the balance team plays rev. Like look at the necro forums, scourge is stupid in PvP yet people there still cry for buffs. If they were in charge of the balance than scourge would be even further buffed and rev nerfed or just disregarded. If none of the people in charge of balance plays rev why would they care to buff it.

@"Flauvious.6195" said:I just don't think anyone on the balance team plays rev. Like look at the necro forums, scourge is stupid in PvP yet people there still cry for buffs. If they were in charge of the balance than scourge would be even further buffed and rev nerfed or just disregarded. If none of the people in charge of balance plays rev why would they care to buff it.

I have an alternative theory: all of the balance devs only play in their own little private test server. The one that plays rev would be platinum rank if he played in regular ranked, while the rest would be in bronze. Because the rev dev is much more skilled then all the others, he kills them all so they nerf rev and achieve "balance".

Friend and I decided to put bad ratings on Metabattle, since that's apparently how the balance team balances this game, him and I with 4 other people had put bad ratings. Metabattle deleted them all to keep it at a "great" rating. Absolutely pathetic honestly. Actually triggered me hardcore. Deleting ratings to ensure it doesn't drop from the PvP meta.

+1Meta invo power herald build has been continually receiving the nerfhammer almost every single balance patch Anet releases. But the recent ones were basically the dealbreaker (Equi + Mutilate Defenses).The build is officially trash tier because now it has so many bad matchups it’s not even funny anymore, aside from another rev. The aforementioned traits were what allowed rev to have at least some chance to self sustain and outplay its hardcounters. Now? It gets eaten up by current condi meta + no one will take a rev over other classes like Holo because it can deal way much more damage + much more CC.It’s sad because I love the class and I enjoy its playstyle very much, but let’s face it: Rev is pretty much dead. RIP Rev 2015-2017

@witcher.3197 said:Thief has many bad matchups as well and still manages to be meta, this game isn't about 1v1s. Rev has seen better days, it's true, but there's a kitten naked revenant in the top 30, it's not trash tier.

Maybe you just need to improve or change your playstyle?

That naked rev is also a former esl player, and I guarantee you if he stuck with his main he would be top 5. Pretty bad to say just because 1 very good player managed to climb into the leaderboards means the class is not trash tier. Thief also has 2 builds that are both pretty good and offer much more than what any rev build could do.Maybe you should quit trolling and actually play revenant in its state before telling people to l2p

@witcher.3197 said:Thief has many bad matchups as well and still manages to be meta, this game isn't about 1v1s. Rev has seen better days, it's true, but there's a kitten naked revenant in the top 30, it's not trash tier.

That naked rev was an ESL player lol, not to mention this season is absolutely dead as a lot of people have left. How many revenants have won a monthly AT?

Can we see your pro revenant videos please? Guess I need to learn to play my class better :/

BTW, that 1 naked revenant you mention is like the only revenant streamer left anymore, and he has been playing naked Mirage recently last times I've checked in.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

That naked rev was an ESL player lol, not to mention this season is absolutely dead as a lot of people have left. How many revenants have won a monthly AT?

Can we see your pro revenant videos please? Guess I need to learn to play my class better :/

BTW, that 1 naked revenant you mention is like the only revenant streamer left anymore, and he has been playing naked Mirage recently last times I've checked in.

Are we talking Frostball here?

Maybe you just need to improve or change your playstyle?Tfw people actually think current leaderboards mean anything LUL, plus Frostball is an ESL player who can easily dominate the now meme-leaderboards as he wishes.Thief is only still meta because people haven’t caught on to mirage yet, who has better +1 and decap potential than thief.You tell me to improve, have you ever seen me play? If not stop making assumptions or go kitten yourself.

Maybe you should actually play the class before judging it to any Rev's gameplay in PvP. PvE is a different story when it comes to the class itself. Learn how badly the trait change affects rev before assuming it's somoene's gameplay.

@"witcher.3197" said:Ah so if someone's good at playing rev he doesn't count, got it lmao

There's a difference between being "good at playing rev" and a former ESL player playing rev. You're bringing up someone who can easily be considered one of the best and telling everyone that because Frostball has had success as a rev, anyone can do it, and if someone can't that person is just bad. If you're going to argue a point, at least make a small effort to sound reasonable.

@Arkaile.5604 said:

@"witcher.3197" said:Ah so if someone's good at playing rev he doesn't count, got it lmao

There's a difference between being "good at playing rev" and a former ESL player playing rev. You're bringing up someone who can easily be considered one of the best and telling everyone that because Frostball has had success as a rev, anyone can do it, and if someone can't that person is just bad. If you're going to argue a point, at least make a small effort to sound reasonable.

Never said anyone could do it, but just because something is hard doesn't mean it's bad. Rev is obviously far from meta you are right about that, but there are several of them in the top 250 on EU.

@witcher.3197 said:

@witcher.3197 said:Ah so if someone's good at playing rev he doesn't count, got it lmao

just because something is hard doesn't mean it's badNo it doesn't. They're two completely different things. However, revenant is both harder than scourge/sb/fb AND bad.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@"Flauvious.6195" said:I just don't think anyone on the balance team plays rev. Like look at the necro forums, scourge is stupid in PvP yet people there still cry for buffs. If they were in charge of the balance than scourge would be even further buffed and rev nerfed or just disregarded. If none of the people in charge of balance plays rev why would they care to buff it.

I have an alternative theory: all of the balance devs only play in their own little private test server. The one that plays rev would be platinum rank if he played in regular ranked, while the rest would be in bronze. Because the rev dev is much more skilled then all the others, he kills them all so they nerf rev and achieve "balance".

This. I've been saying this since that patch a year ago that nerfed Enchanted Dagger/SotM(for the 3rd time)/and PS all in one fell swoop and said, "Nope, portals fine, lulzululz." That's when it became clear to me that the only person on the pvp team that's actually good played rev...

But as for Mutilate Defenses, y'all are overreacting too much... They nerfed vuln stacking across the board (every class) and if you can't keep up Targeted Destruction and Focused Siphoning, you're clearly not using a sword. And if you're playing Dev in PvP w/o a sword, you have much bigger problems than the balance team can fix. Well, I guess you could be one of those hammer revs... This change was probably horrible for them, but like, nobody cares about hammer revs. :astonished:

@witcher.3197 said:

@witcher.3197 said:Ah so if someone's good at playing rev he doesn't count, got it lmao

Never said anyone could do it, but just because something is hard doesn't mean it's bad. Rev is obviously far from meta you are right about that, but there are several of them in the top 250 on EU.

Do you even play the class or are you talking out your ass?

Thief was in the same situation in early HoT days and Sindrener was the only high level player. People used the same bullshit logic you're using, oh it's just high skill cap/floor! Thief doesn't need a buff!

What happened next? Oh yeah thief auto got buffed 25%. Difference is, when revenant is underperforming we get more nerfs (2 patches in a row now).

Since I said it once, I'll say it again. Anet balances off of Metabattle.com, and yesterday Revenant had a "67%" rating overall, and was considered a good build. Mind you after several of us posted ratings in order to make it go to such a state, the Metabattle mods deleted all of them again. This isn't a coincidence. It's getting extrelemy kittening annoying the way they're forcing it to be in a meta state of the game, when it's clearly not. If people could post ratings there that are honest about the class, please do. This is just coming to the point of ridiculousness.

@witcher.3197 said:

Never said anyone could do it, but just because something is hard doesn't mean it's bad. Rev is obviously far from meta you are right about that, but there are several of them in the top 250 on EU.xd me witcher xd me think rev is good xd me judge classes based on memeboards xd

@witcher.3197 said:

I see what you mean by mentioning Frostball and some of us do like hard classes however... that was before PoF. Ive only seen him play DeadEye and Mirage for PoF.Revenant is just unforgiving as fuck right now, pretty much it became unplayable the moment Mirage and Scourge were introduced.Specially Mirage

Archived