Would you play in Palawadan if it didn't have such high rewards?

maddoctor.2738

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a fun activity, just like many of the event chains in the open world are fun activities. But what keeps ppl coming back are the rewards. There has to be either something special to earn, like a title, a skin or a mini, or the gold rewards need to be good/reasonable. Palawadan rewards a good amount of money for the timer it's on and the time you spend doing the events. Serpent's Ire for example has really abysmal rewards for the timer it's on, the time it takes to finish and the amount of players and organisation it takes. That's why ppl still play the silverwastes years after its release but hardly anyone does Serpent's Ire after they're done with the corresponding achievements.

@"Erasculio.2914" said:You are missing the option of "I already don't play in Palawadan even with the current rewards because it simply isn't fun for me".

I'm disappointed in the design of meta events since the release of PoF. HoT has some really cool events, but even those in Istan are very "meh" for me.

You are right I forgot that option.I agree with you the meta events since Path of Fire have been disappointing, while Heart of Thorns has far better meta events.

People love rewards because they want shinies, it's a good way to keep open world maps crowded. Meta events should always have good rewards because they require time and cooperation. Most people don't like to waste their limited free time on things that give no rewards (or crappy rewards).Edit: I disagree with new metas not being fun, btw. I really enjoy them!

@CptAurellian.9537 said:I rarely play Palawadan and if I do the rewards are rather secondary. These metas are fun once in a while, but I can't stand farming them. After all, it's open world trash.

Actually, it's not open world trash, and if you have a real good group that knows what they hell they're doing then not only do you get the supply chests but you can get over a dozen Champions(two dozen or more if you kill them fast enough)..plus you can board the Corsair vessels and take them down without cannons. Besides, I enjoy killing Awakened...or anything related to Joko.

@"Erasculio.2914" said:You are missing the option of "I already don't play in Palawadan even with the current rewards because it simply isn't fun for me".

I'm disappointed in the design of meta events since the release of PoF. HoT has some really cool events, but even those in Istan are very "meh" for me.

PoF literally had no meta events - just a 45 minute chain event that wasn't rewarding in the slightest; Domain of Istan gave us the first real meta since PoF came out and I think it's absolutely great in design and rewards, I hope it stays like it is.

Palawadan is kind of fun, but also pretty challenging, mainly because of the huuuuuge lag I experience in crowd settings, and with the huge number of special effects and tough mobs. While I might be willing to play the meta without so much loot in ORDINARY conditions, there is no way I would put up with the frustration of freezes, 1 fps moments, mobs that can kill me easily while my screen is frozen, jerky, awkward movement, etc. unless the payoff is well worth it.

The meta event is far to rewarding for the effort it takes, and it shows its too rewarding for how many people turn up, but without those rewards that meta and the Great Hall will never be done after people have their achivments. I think they could tune it down a bit with out losing the incentive to play said meta. May be half the Volatile Magic and 1 peice of unidentified equipment of green or higher from each chest.

Another question would be would you still do this meta if the rewards were halved?

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Palawadan is kind of fun, but also pretty challenging, mainly because of the huuuuuge lag I experience in crowd settings, and with the huge number of special effects and tough mobs. While I might be willing to play the meta without so much loot in ORDINARY conditions, there is no way I would put up with the frustration of freezes, 1 fps moments, mobs that can kill me easily while my screen is frozen, jerky, awkward movement, etc. unless the payoff is well worth it.

Yes the lag with everyone on screen even at the lowest setting gets tiresome fast.

@Gilgamesh VII.8690 said:Another question would be would you still do this meta if the rewards were halved?

Before halving the rewards they should disable chest respawning. It's really silly to loot a chest then after you kill the last boss the chest respawned and you can loot it again. Looting the same chest multiple times is one of the reasons for the abnormal rewards.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Gilgamesh VII.8690 said:Another question would be would you still do this meta if the rewards were halved?

Before halving the rewards they should disable chest respawning. It's really silly to loot a chest then after you kill the last boss the chest respawned and you can loot it again. Looting the same chest multiple times is one of the reasons for the abnormal rewards.

I belive they are on a timer and by the time you beat the final boss of the meta the first are usaly up agein, but also there is a limit of how many chest you can gather at one meta event as Iv seen them all dissappear after opening so many, There's a limit on how many you can open from what I have herd and if I remember I think Iv open 30 chests per cycle l. Ya I think these chest should only be able to open each chest once per cycle.

Also there's the problem of map hopping like we had with AB multiloot.

The Meta's in HoT sucked.

Don't do much PoF right now.. haven't even gotten off the first map. But truth be told, if I cared about loot and rewards, I would not be playing games. Games by design are supposed to waste your time and entertain you.. nothing more.

I can only pity Anyone that turns that into a job or work.

So I would not do a Meta or anything else, unless I enjoyed doing it.

Would I had farmed silver waste without the rewards? No.Would I had farmed AB without the rewards? No.Would I have farmed TD without needing the eggs? No.Would I have farmed DS without needing the ore? No.

So the answer is no. I prefer that Palawadan stays a bit above what silverwaste gives, so that the silver waste farm can die a natural death.

I've only done it a couple of times and because everything moves so fast and there's so many people around that means I've only done parts of the meta event. I want to do it at least enough times to be sure I've done the whole thing.

But I do also enjoy the big meta-events so I'll probably continue to do it on and off after that.

Archived