Legendary spell effect ideas/dreaming.

Kusa.6438

I know this is a pipe dream. I know implementing this will be too much work to consider. That being said! Lets just have fun with some ideas.I always felt like something that would make legendary weapons feel more legendary would be that all the spell effects for the weapon get effected by it.I know there are a few auto attacks that do this, but I'm talking about more on a larger scale.

Going to use a few examples here (mesmer main, so going to use mesmer as exmaple)

The new Focus: Binding of Ipos.Mesmer off hand skillsTemporal Curtain: We can change the color to the dark purple and when you use Into the Void, it shows grasping Demonic hands pulling people in.Phantasmal Warden: The phantasm gets turned into a demon. Simply use the revenant demon form elite animation on a phantasm.

Twilight:Auto attack: change beam into dark cosmic color.Mirror Blade: Show twilight being thrown, leaving the huge streak effect it gives as its thrown.Mind Stab: Change into a cosmic blade coming out of ground.Phantasm Berzerker: The phantasm wields twilight for full effect. Gets Celestial skin (like the infusion).Illusionary wave: Change color to twilight colors.

Those are just a few examples. I tried not to make them too complicated and mostly tried to use assets already in the game Would like to hear more examples and pipe dream skill animation changes other people would like.

@ardhikaizecson.3697 said:I would love this ! But it could create a confusion on pvp and wvw perspective. If there is a toggle and the effect can only be seen by the owner im up for it.

This is somthing that should already be in game and on by default (do you like seeing flying unicorns being fired from a short bow) in sPvP and Wvw, we have options for standard character models already.

@ardhikaizecson.3697 said:I would love this ! But it could create a confusion on pvp and wvw perspective. If there is a toggle and the effect can only be seen by the owner im up for it.

@Gilgamesh VII.8690 said:

This is somthing that should already be in game and on by default (do you like seeing flying unicorns being fired from a short bow) in sPvP and Wvw, we have options for standard character models already.

It can just be PvE only too. Though I don't see how much confusion it will cause, considering it will be a class specific animation for that weapon. People will learn the legendary animations pretty quick.

Archived