Would'nt Revenant be better tank than Chrono in raiding?

Xaretic.2318

for raids, the "tank" is either determined by toughness, or by some other fixate mechanic that can affect anyone.The main reason for choosing chrono for tank, is because of the blocks/invulns/evades it has access too.

Also commander gear, which is often used for its concentration ( boon duration) also has toughness. So it simply made sense to use chrono.

@"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:for raids, the "tank" is either determined by toughness, or by some other fixate mechanic that can affect anyone.The main reason for choosing chrono for tank, is because of the blocks/invulns/evades it has access too.

Also commander gear, which is often used for its concentration ( boon duration) also has toughness. So it simply made sense to use chrono.

Oh ok....I did have one question, the force taunt that the Rev has, does that work on raid bosses, I know in a lot of games a bunch of skills are useless against bosses.

@Xaretic.2318 said:

@"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:for raids, the "tank" is either determined by toughness, or by some other fixate mechanic that can affect anyone.The main reason for choosing chrono for tank, is because of the blocks/invulns/evades it has access too.

Oh ok....I did have one question, the force taunt that the Rev has, does that work on raid bosses, I know in a lot of games a bunch of skills are useless against bosses.

Due to breakbar/defiance mechanics, it doesn't effect bosses to 'pull aggro' like you would in another high rated game that has raiding cough World of Warcraft cough. Taunt deals Defiance Bar damage at a rate of 75 per second.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

Due to breakbar/defiance mechanics, it doesn't effect bosses to 'pull aggro' like you would in another high rated game that has raiding
cough
World of Warcraft
cough
. Taunt deals Defiance Bar damage at a rate of 75 per second.

So when it says it will pull the boss on you for 2 seconds, that won't occur on raid bosses?

@Xaretic.2318 said:

Due to breakbar/defiance mechanics, it doesn't effect bosses to 'pull aggro' like you would in another high rated game that has raiding
cough
World of Warcraft
cough
. Taunt deals Defiance Bar damage at a rate of 75 per second.

So when it says it will pull the boss on you for 2 seconds, that won't occur on raid bosses?

No, because it has a defiance bar. You will damage it's defiance bar, but it will ignore the actual effect.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aggro

Archived