[Suggestion] New activity for Living World Season 4

Daniel.5428

Here is my suggestion for a new activity for Guild Wars 2.

Raptor Race

Location:The Hippodrome (this location can be added with one of the LWS 4 maps ; can be seen while map exploring but can be entered only from activity , like the Crab Toss arena)The Hippodrome was reopened (or built) to celebrate the victory against Balthazar(hoping it will happen ; if not, to celebrate something else) and people from both Tyria and Elona gathered to participate or bet on the winning raptor.From the outside, Hippodrome will look like an long and big arena. From the inside it will have a circular and long race and a balcony where the eliminated players will spawn until the end of the race.

Short Description:Players will begin mounted on a raptor, at the starting line. They will race and the first player who will complete 3 laps will be the winner. There will be power-ups and speed bossters across the map. Each player have a limited HP and if it reaches 0, they will be dismounted, eliminated from a race and spawned on a balcony until the race is done.

Rules:

• Each player has 2,000 HP. When the HP reaches 0, the player is dismounted and eliminated from the race. He will be spawned on a balcony where he can see the rest of the race.
  • There are 5 possible power-ups. When picking a crate, a random power up is given and it unlockes the specific slot from 1 to 5(weapon skills). If a player get an already unlocked power-up, nothing will happen.
  • Players recive Score while they are alive (each 10 seconds), when they collect a booster, when they land an attack or kill a player and when they finish a lap or the race.

Boosters:Boosters are found on the ground. To activate them, a player must walk trough them. There are multiple boosters.

• Yellow arrows >> Yellow arrows boost the movement speed of the raptor for 5 seconds when passed trough.
  • Blue circles >> Offer invulnerability for 3 seconds when passed through

Power-ups:There is a total number of 5 power-ups. To colelct them, players must pick crates on the map. The crates respawn each lap. Following power-ups:

• Tail Whip(Button 1) >> The raptor rotates and attack everyone around damaging them by 200 and slowing them for 3 seconds.
  • Claw Attack (Button 2) >> Jumps forward a short distance. If it hits a player, damage it by 100 and inflict bleeding (10 damage x 5 seconds).
  • Hardened Scales (Button 3) >> The raptor harden it's skin making him immune to damage and cc for 3 seconds.
  • Throw Mine (Button 4) >> Leaves a land mine behind that will activate after 2 seconds(to avoid point-black hits). The player who walk into the main will get damaged by 200 and will get burning(20 damage x 5 seconds).
  • Accelerate (Button 5) >> Doubles the raptor speed for 5 seconds. This will have a low drop rate (like the teleport from Sanctum Speed).

Notes:

• The numbers I've used for damage, HP and others were not tested and I do not know 100% if it's balanced.
  • Even if it looks like Sanctum Sprint, the activity will offer a different feeling.
  • New source of achievements.

@rapthorne.7345 said:Mario kart: GW2 edition?I'm a fan of the MK games, but the PoF expansion already has implemented raptor races, and activities are entirely unique experiences separate from the rest of the game

Of what I know, they implemented an activity where you must collect some packages or going from point A to point B as fast as possible, but nothing to compete against others. And yes, it's a MK: GW2 edition :)

No, there is an event called Raptor Races; it's held in Amnoon and the immediate area, where you race against others to place 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or more. Of, course, there are no power-ups in Raptor Race. There are other Mount Races in other maps, according to the Devs. Maybe, you missed it in the Demos/Stress Tests or the many videos, official or otherwise.

All the new mini-games? Is anything that's not mob vs. PC a mini-game? Or can events be something other than combat? I ask because I didn't really see a lot of mini-games, though I did see some content that wasn't just combat. Of course, we have had such since Core launch. I'd rather see a variety of things to do than just the one kind of thing, over and over.

Of course, if the expansion didn't give one expressly what one was looking for, I suppose there would be disappointment. :unamused:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:All the new mini-games? Is anything that's not mob vs. PC a mini-game? Or can events be something other than combat? I ask because I didn't really see a lot of mini-games, though I did see some content that wasn't just combat. Of course, we have had such since Core launch. I'd rather see a variety of things to do than just the one kind of thing, over and over.

Of course, if the expansion didn't give one expressly what one was looking for, I suppose there would be disappointment. :unamused:

think you get that answer when the new pack comes out this week and you see all the posts on the new mini games in path of fire pack . I bet them posts about the new mini games will be a really big barn burner on the forums :p . I can not wait to read them ones myself :open_mouth: :P

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:No, there is an event called Raptor Races; it's held in Amnoon and the immediate area, where you race against others to place 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or more.

I did not take part in the Stress Test, all I did was some map explore during the first try of the new map. I did not know about these events. Well, yeah, then I guess there is no need for 2 kind of races, but still it would have been better to be something organized. in an activity. For example you could have enter the Hippodrome and select a type of race (1 for each mount). I mean, we have far boring minigames implemented as Activities

Archived