Cashing out onto Fractals

Titan.3472

After farming fractals for years I decided to cash out onto fractals : dev wanting to make it much longer and tedious, something like a mini-raid difficulty level with CM reward. So I sold all my 16 AR+9/precision+5 (recrafted into polyluminescent stuff) made 1000+ gold and Bye bye fractal game mode for good. Enough is enough. xD I made plenty gold and loot during all these years but now we reached the point where making the difficulty harder not Worth my time in the game mode. Thanks for the stuffs. Time for me to turn off Fractal mode for good. ^^Good for people enjoying the constant upgrade in fractals, It will be without me. xD

But all the ways you made all that stuff and money are still there. Why does the existence of CM insult you that much to leave the game mode. Normal T4 are there and make a lot of money and they are definitely NOT mini raids.The two are completely irrelevant.

T4s are what you were playing all this time. The difference is just new fractals. Of course they will be a bit slower than what you already know and done for several years straight. Would it be better for Anet to stop updating fractals or making them facerolls so that you can finish them with equal ease as the ones that you have experience on for years? That is not how you update a game.

BTW how come do ppl still make such self-important posts with the delusion that its amazingly dramatic to let the rest of the world that they stop playing.

@Sernius Alathar.6538 said:I left after anet decided 1k pristine relics is a reasonable price for a tonic, 100 sure, 1000, who are they kidding!

Don't know, I'm only playing for 9 months, and I certainly didn't do any fractals in the first two months, yet I had 700 pristine relics before they added the Deroir NPC. I also have the omni pot. I can just imagine how many relics players have that do fractals every day for the last 2 or 3 years. This stuff is for regular fractal players, and quite possible to achieve.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@Sernius Alathar.6538 said:I left after anet decided 1k pristine relics is a reasonable price for a tonic, 100 sure, 1000, who are they kidding!

Don't know, I'm only playing for 9 months, and I certainly didn't do any fractals in the first two months, yet I had 700 pristine relics before they added the Deroir NPC. I also have the omni pot. I can just imagine how many relics players have that do fractals every day for the last 2 or 3 years. This stuff is for regular fractal players, and quite possible to achieve.

Top fractal relic owner according to gw2efficiency is currently at: 193,490 fractal relics.Top pristine fractal relic owner according to gw2efficiency is currently at: 11,683 pristine fractal relics (175,245 fractal relics if converted)

So yes, people have been saving up fractal relics and pristine for quite a while.

@Faaris.8013 said:

Yea even I got 3k prestine and converted some before to get my potions done.

To the op why did you have precision +5 instead of power or condi?

@Linken.6345 said:

Because I chosed maxing crit chance on my assassin/zerk mix stat build optimisation dps...

@Titan.3472 said:

Because I chosed maxing crit chance on my assassin/zerk mix stat build optimisation dps...

I think your problem is using a zerk/asassin mix when the fractal pots give crit chance, and there are other ways to min max crit. The only class/build that would need such infusions is a power warrior, and if that is the case, why are you even running it? lul

dual lb power ranger red moa/tiger (or druid when needed a little heal) assassin gear zerk trinkets/rings [rune of scholar] Marksmanship-Skirmishing-Druid and always had smooth runs :) I use magi gear with staff really only for Raids encounters that requires some huge support aoe heal spikes.Double Attack #2 in a row on weapon swap with might buff + perma team fury boon and (2x10) 20stacks of vulnerability (20% damage boost for team dps/cps on debuffed target) make every run smooth and fast. (build is not meta but very efficient) range dps + dodging aoes and positioning, you don't have to heal if you avoid taking any damages... #3 to break aggro with stealth arrow. I was using food, oil and omnipotion ofc...Just it was no longer fun + new CM tedious and always some changes/tweaks from anet bores me too. At least I made a good lot of gold selling my old AR recrafted into polyluminescent stuff. Overall fractals are not bad but I couldn't take it any longer ^^. (smtg about burn out may be like someone pointed out)

@"Titan.3472" said:dual lb power ranger red moa/tiger (or druid when needed a little heal) and always had smooth runs :) I use magi gear with staff really only for Raids.Double Attack #2 in a row on weapon swap with might buff + perma team fury boon and (2x10) 20stacks of vulnerability (20% damage boost for team dps) make every run smooth and fast. (build is not meta but very efficient)

There is no "double 2 in a row", weapons of the same type share cooldowns so if you were indeed running double longbow all you got out of that was the bonus from weapon swap sigils.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"Titan.3472" said:dual lb power ranger red moa/tiger (or druid when needed a little heal) and always had smooth runs :) I use magi gear with staff really only for Raids.Double Attack #2 in a row on weapon swap with might buff + perma team fury boon and (2x10) 20stacks of vulnerability (20% damage boost for team dps) make every run smooth and fast. (build is not meta but very efficient)

There is no "double 2 in a row", weapons of the same type share cooldowns so if you were indeed running double longbow all you got out of that was the bonus from weapon swap sigils.

Quick Draw reduce next Attack CD after weapon swap by 66%. So like I said. Double #2 in a row after weapon swap. (guess you learned smtg)

@eyestrain.3056 said:dual longbow power ranger... oh god you're that guy who stands 1200 range away and ruins all the boss positioning, arent you

How do you do that as long as you do not have the aggro ? (and in the very few cases it happen I break it with #3 stealth like I said before) Do you know the rules of (most) npc aggro ?? If not you would know why with my gear i am most unlikely to get the aggro (but for some exception few encounters I would)PS : range is 1500 not 1200

@Titan.3472 said:

@Titan.3472 said:dual lb power ranger red moa/tiger (or druid when needed a little heal) and always had smooth runs :) I use magi gear with staff really only for Raids.Double Attack #2 in a row on weapon swap with might buff + perma team fury boon and (2x10) 20stacks of vulnerability (20% damage boost for team dps) make every run smooth and fast. (build is not meta but very efficient)

Quick Draw reduce next Attack after weapon swap by 66%. So like I said. Double #2 in a row after weapon swap.

0s Weapon swap0s Rapid Fire (3s cd unless alacrity is applied)3s Rapid Fire (10s cd unless alacrity is applied)10s weapon swap ready again10s Rapid Fire at 3s remaining cooldown13s Weapon Swap into Rapid Fire13s Rapid Fire

You essentially get 1.7 rapid fires out unless under the effect of alacrity (which will be mostly in melee range with your chrono where you are not standing) while being forced to auto attack.

So yes, you sort of can double 2 (even though it's not a pure double 2) at a severe cost.

Might and fury are provided (were provided by phalanx strength) and are now provided by harrier druid team wide.

Still not seeing it.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Titan.3472 said:dual lb power ranger red moa/tiger (or druid when needed a little heal) and always had smooth runs :) I use magi gear with staff really only for Raids.Double Attack #2 in a row on weapon swap with might buff + perma team fury boon and (2x10) 20stacks of vulnerability (20% damage boost for team dps) make every run smooth and fast. (build is not meta but very efficient)

Quick Draw reduce next Attack after weapon swap by 66%. So like I said. Double #2 in a row after weapon swap.

0s Weapon swap0s Rapid Fire (3s cd unless alacrity is applied)3s Rapid Fire (10s cd unless alacrity is applied)10s weapon swap ready again10s Rapid Fire at 3s remaining cooldown13s Weapon Swap into Rapid Fire13s Rapid Fire

You essentially get 1.7 rapid fires out unless under the effect of alacrity (which will be mostly in melee range with your chrono where you are not standing) while being forced to auto attack.

So yes, you sort of can double 2 (even though it's not a pure double 2) at a severe cost.

Might and fury are provided (were provided by phalanx strength) and are now provided by harrier druid team wide.

Still not seeing it.

Well you seemed to not even know about quick draw CD reduction so... just test it on your own is my best advice. ^^

@Titan.3472 said:

Still not seeing it.

Well you seemed to not even know about quick draw CD reduction so... just test it on your own is my best advice. ^^

I'd probably first test the rotation on a golem to see if anything sub 20k single target is worth spending gold on gearing but sure, if it worked for you great.

The new challenge modes and high tier fractals require more specialized builds though and are designed that way.

It's above 20k per #2 with full might stack (use the sigil might per crit hit ofc it proc every 1/2 sec hit) also the vulnerability stacks helps on it (+20%) and scholar (+10%) and you can prefer the second sigil of weapon to be (+5%) instead of might on swap. Also you can use the druid buffs for more damages (there are 2 others possible sources : spirit and druid glyph)PS : It's only a single target Attack if you decide NOT TO take the longbow grandmaster trait that gives piercing, fastest Attack speed & reduced cooldown (Lead the Wind-Marksmanship) which can then make all attacks hit up to 5 targets on the arrow path... (this is the piercing attribute with a tiny ~180 radius) Not taking this trait would not be clever as you are really using 2 longbows making this trait a must use and 3 upgrade components in one trait for this weapon spe...

I'm going to regret engaging with someone who's so confident and wrong at the same time but there's a reason teams stack together in this game. When you're 1500 range off pewpewing, you're not sharing any boons for one thing- no fury, no spotter/assassins presence, no might, etc. You don't need extra precision in fractals since zerk gear, potions, and fury will top off your crit chance, at which point power and ferocity are the better stat investments. All of which you benefit from within range of your team.

Second, let's pretend that even 50% of bosses in fractals aggro off of toughness- even though most that I can think of aggro off of positioning (Sabetha & Archdiviner aggro on the furthest person away, other bosses tend to swap aggro periodically). For the other 50% that may randomly aggro on you, your strategy options are either to stay at 1500 range pewpewing, spreading out the mobs and boss and generally being a heel to your party, or you can sit up close, use barrage twice, and then do pathetic damage point blank with your two longbows.Either way it sounds like you're making things harder for yourself and your team because of this strong conviction you have that your playstyle is optimal. If it's what's most fun for you, god bless. But working together with your team instead of doing your own thing off in the corner would likely help your runs go more smoothly.

@Titan.3472 said:

@eyestrain.3056 said:dual longbow power ranger... oh god you're that guy who stands 1200 range away and ruins all the boss positioning, arent you

How do you do that as long as you do not have the aggro ? (and in the very few cases it happen I break it with #3 stealth like I said before) Do you know the rules of (most) npc aggro ?? If not you would know why with my gear i am most unlikely to get the aggro (but for some exception few encounters I would)PS : range is 1500 not 1200

There is also damage that comes into the aggro calculation, but I guess that doesn't affect your build either ^^

Don't play the content you don't like. There is a reason why there are multiple tiers of difficulty and different levels of complexity as far as level design goes.

Also, how can anyone think longbow, let alone double longbow, is a good ranger weapon for any instanced content? It makes you sound completely out of touch with anything concerning efficiency in PvE unless we are talking about very few niche scenarios here.

If you're saving pristines for tonic > endless potion conversions, you're doing it wrong.It's far more efficient to convert the pristines into regular relics to buy the potions with them + the stabilized matrices.

It still costs 18000 regular relics, but off the 1>15 conversion, you're paying 1200 pristines for all 3 instead of 3000, and that's not including naturally-earned regular relics.

Archived