What is your general feeling about the activities within Open World PvE content?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have said "Average" if this were pre-LS4 PoF, but I like the new map better than the original PoF offerings and I'm assuming that's a sign of the direction we're headed in. If this were HoT, however, I would have delivered an answer closer to "perfect". I feel the HoT meta events are the best example of open world done right in any MMO I've played so far.

That was my biggest disappointment with PoF. The event structure on the original maps was core Tyria all over again (read: BAD), even though I liked pretty much everything else about them. I do enjoy the bounties though. They make me feel like I never really lost those champions-on-demand from the HoT HPs I enjoyed so much.

@"Ceridwen.6703" said:I have the dumb today, so humour me: which activities? GW2 Activities are things like Keg Brawl, Sanctum Sprint.

You say open world, so is it that you mean events like metas, small scale events, races, what? Please advise so I can vote. ;)

EDIT: Link to confirm Activity in general.

This is true, the Guild Wars 2 jargon for "Activity" has that definition. To be even more specific: Events, Vistas, Skill/Hero Points, Discovery, "Activity as you said," Treasures, am I missing things? Easter eggs? Oh right, Hearts!

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@"Ceridwen.6703" said:I have the dumb today, so humour me: which activities? GW2 Activities are things like Keg Brawl, Sanctum Sprint.

You say open world, so is it that you mean events like metas, small scale events, races, what? Please advise so I can vote. ;)

EDIT: Link to confirm
in general.

This is true, the Guild Wars 2 jargon for "Activity" has that definition. To be even more specific: Events, Vistas, Skill/Hero Points, Discovery, "Activity as you said," Treasures, am I missing things? Easter eggs? Oh right, Hearts!

So are you asking "what's your general opinion about the variety & challenge of things that are available to do in the open world?"

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

in general.

Cheers m'dears! Have a "Helpful". <3

I think we're pretty good for stuff like this. I haven't voted "Perfect" simply because there's always more that can be done - but I'm in no real rush to see more. Although, I would like player housing (this could arguably be under the Discovery section, and would likely see us having to jump some hoops to get the shiny if it was ever implemented). That would probably make it perfect.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

in general.

So are you asking "what's your general opinion about the variety & challenge of things that are available to do in the open world?"

General feeling is an average of your impressions. There is a lot of variety in Open World that would be hard to dispute against. Obviously we wouldn't measure challenge between a Vista and Meta event, but Meta vs. Meta is valid. It's a probing question, so if you need to be specific about explaining things by all means. I'll get more specific in the future after enough player feedback in regards to said Open World PvE content.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

in general.

General feeling is an average of your impressions. There is a lot of variety in Open World that would be hard to dispute against. Obviously we wouldn't measure challenge between a Vista and Meta event, but Meta vs. Meta is valid. It's a probing question, so if you need to be specific about explaining things by all means. I'll get more specific in the future after enough player feedback in regards to said Open World PvE content.

I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I don't understand what your poll is measuring. Are you asking if there are enough things to do? Enough things that are fun to do? Enough of a variety of types of things? Enough of a variety of challenges? If the maps are big enough?

in general.

I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I don't understand what your poll is measuring. Are you asking if there are enough things to do? Enough things that are fun to do? Enough of a variety of types of things? Enough of a variety of challenges? If the maps are big enough?

In time I may get more specific on the things you listed (spacing them out to reduce poll spam of course), but in short...I am measuring your total happiness when it comes to your Open World PvE experience. I am not sure how else to reword General Feeling, but happiness should be about right.

@Randulf.7614 said:I don't think this poll makes any sense as it is. I would just start a new topic or change this one entirely to focus on discussing constructive thoughts about specific aspects of pve rather than having a poll for the sake of having a poll.

By all means, state specifics. I'd be happy to hear them. Also I can't edit the poll itself (which has been awkward in the past). People that state what needs to be discussed specifically in this general poll will provide direction for future topics. This is starting Broad, then going into Smaller details. I do not pretend to be the bestest PvE player or well rounded to start out Small (the more finite topics you want). So it would be even more unwise for me to shoot from the hip without you all providing some direction in some form here.

@"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:In time I may get more specific on the things you listed (spacing them out to reduce poll spam of course), but in short...I am measuring your total happiness when it comes to your Open World PvE experience. I am not sure how else to reword General Feeling, but happiness should be about right.

I cannot answer your question as phrased especially with how the choices are worded. It seems like all you want to know is, "do you like Open World PvE in this game?" And the answers for that are: Yes|No|Maybe. Or if you want to go American Corporate survey style, it would be, "I like Open World PvE" with answers: Strongly Agree|Agree|Somewhat Agree|Ambivalent|Somewhat Disagree|Disagree|Strongly Disagree (and perhaps "not applicable")

I have no idea what "perfect" means in the context of the original or restated question nor what "worst" means (compared to?). How is "incomplete" different from "bad"?

The point of a poll in this forum is to generate discussion about specific concerns or ideas. This question is awfully vague and generic and it's impossible to describe. It's the difference between "what do you think about reading as a pastime" versus "what did you like about the book you just read?"

Well the pve game is split into several distinct sections which development practices have changed drastically over time. I would prefer to rate each section separately.

Vanilla maps - 6/10LS2 maps - 9/10HOT maps - 8/10POF Maps - 7/10LS 3-4 maps - 8/10

It's too hard to call something perfect because everything has flaws so I prefer to rate with numbers.

@Esquilax.3491 said:Well the pve game is split into several distinct sections which development practices have changed drastically over time. I would prefer to rate each section separately.

Vanilla maps - 6/10LS2 maps - 9/10HOT maps - 8/10POF Maps - 7/10LS 3-4 maps - 8/10

It's too hard to call something perfect because everything has flaws so I prefer to rate with numbers.

That's great!

@"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:In time I
may
get more specific on the things you listed (spacing them out to reduce poll spam of course), but in short...I am measuring your total happiness when it comes to your Open World PvE experience. I am not sure how else to reword General Feeling, but happiness should be about right.

I cannot answer your question
as phrased
especially with how the choices are worded. It seems like all you want to know is, "do you like Open World PvE in this game?" And the answers for that are: Yes|No|Maybe. Or if you want to go American Corporate survey style, it would be, "I like Open World PvE" with answers: Strongly Agree|Agree|Somewhat Agree|Ambivalent|Somewhat Disagree|Disagree|Strongly Disagree (and perhaps "not applicable")

I have no idea what "perfect" means in the context of the original or restated question nor what "worst" means (compared to?). How is "incomplete" different from "bad"?

The point of a poll in this forum is to generate discussion about specific concerns or ideas. This question is awfully vague and generic and it's impossible to describe. It's the difference between "what do you think about reading as a pastime" versus "what did you like about the book you just read?"

The dissection of semantics is helpful, don't get me wrong. If you are unsure which of the two questions you proposed then answer both or, as you said, you cannot answer which is also fine.

As far as "incomplete" goes, I was questionable if I should I include it or not. It has more context in the grading system of schools/colleges, than it does in traditional polls. The half your project you deliver was great, but the other half is missing. You can make it up later for reduced grade, or etc. In this context it is probably an overly specific form of "Bad." Luckily, given the broadness of these set of polls, I included it to test it out. I won't use it again more than likely, since players explaining their choices should (and have) been able to deduce "Incomplete" on their own anyway.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:This is very confusing. It's not self-explanatory (to me). I think the problem is the question that is to be answered. What is meant by 'Activities'?

Perhaps, the OP would 'feel free to explain within the context' of this poll.

Thank you.

Alas, can't edit polls but I think I answered this here.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

in general.

@"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:To be even more specific: Events, Vistas, Skill/Hero Points, Discovery, "Activity as you said," Treasures, am I missing things? Easter eggs? Oh right, Hearts!

The poll is misleading, I voted on actual activitys... a.k.a the races etc that award gold, silver and bronze...

@"AliamRationem.5172" said:I would have said "Average" if this were pre-LS4 PoF, but I like the new map better than the original PoF offerings and I'm assuming that's a sign of the direction we're headed in. If this were HoT, however, I would have delivered an answer closer to "perfect". I feel the HoT meta events are the best example of open world done right in any MMO I've played so far.

That was my biggest disappointment with PoF. The event structure on the original maps was core Tyria all over again (read: BAD), even though I liked pretty much everything else about them. I do enjoy the bounties though. They make me feel like I never really lost those champions-on-demand from the HoT HPs I enjoyed so much.

+1, I really miss those large meta-events. The HoT-maps are still my favorites and I still spend a lot of time in them. The PoF-maps on the other hand... Well, after I had my griffon and completed the elite-spec-weapon-collections...

@Klipso.8653 said:Its great that new expansions don't make old content obsolete, it just provides additional options.

I'm not sure about that. Istan is too OP and devalues old content. Kinda hard to find a permanent RIBA-map and the like. Still could need a Bladed light armor top. Are there still decent VB-maps?

Archived