[PvE][SC] Snow Crows newest benchmarks

Lunateric.3708

Leaving the link to the general benchmarks here:

Condi vanilla engineer is sitting at 32.540 DPS (32.100 avg). Power Holo with No Scope at 34.129 (33.700 avg) and the PPD variant at 33.190 (32.700).

Weaver still dominates everything with a big margin on its staff build (small or big hitbox) and clone mirage is a thing again. It's an interesting patch overall.

Weaver is a bit of an outlier, but outside of that Holo is where I think it should be. www.GW2raidar.com suggests that besides Weaver the Holo is the top damage build in practice for the sample size that GW2raidar has, but very close to those behind it.

Due to the self damage and minimal group support, I think this is fair and where I thought Holo should be when PoF launched. The minor changes Anet has made to Holo since PoF, along with the great condi burst overall balance change, has resulted in a good place for Holo in PvE.

To be fair CC is much more rare in current meta builds so I have to give Holo credit for having CC as "group support", but I still don't think it compares to other forms of support other builds can offer.

@Raguel.9402 said:And yet a weaver brings next to 0 cc.

I play both and feel I can adapt better on holo.

It's true though in group play it doesn't matter if Weaver doesn't CC because other classes will CC for it. I think Holo is in a fine place even if I don't use the elite spec weapon at all, would like the condi vanilla variant to be worked on next instead AND scrapper of course!

@Ardid.7203 said:I must admit I love Holo now, not for its damage or theme, but only because the absurd amount of CC it brings. I still think is very unwielding and poor as an Elite Spec... but the CC is too delicious to resist.

It's just slightly more CC than meta DH but it's very enjoyable I agree. I hope they don't crash it into the ground like they often do with enjoyable things.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

It's true though in group play it doesn't matter if Weaver doesn't CC because other classes will CC for it. I think Holo is in a fine place even if I don't use the elite spec weapon at all, would like the condi vanilla variant to be worked on next instead AND scrapper of course!

Trusting pugs to CC? :) Rip.... :)

Weaver is still super situational and the rotation is waaay harder. Just like condi engie.

I'm happy we have a dps spec which works in most game mods and doesn't make your fingers bleed. Just wish Anet changed how Toolbelt skills scaled so we could run sword :)

@Raguel.9402 said:

Weaver is still super situational and the rotation is waaay harder. Just like condi engie.

I'm happy we have a dps spec which works in most game mods and doesn't make your fingers bleed. Just wish Anet changed how Toolbelt skills scaled so we could run sword :)

Use sword. Don't let <5% on a benchmark make your decisions for you.

@Adamantium.3682 said:

It's more like 7-10%

@Lunateric.3708 said:

It's more like 7-10%

It’s like 30k vs 34k afaik

Rifle offers a bit more utility. I don’t mind using it though. It’s new. It’s shiny and I love photon forge :)

@Raguel.9402 said:

It's more like 7-10%

Rifle offers a bit more utility. I don’t mind using it though. It’s new. It’s shiny and I love photon forge :)

Yes, the latest sword video I saw is around 31.2 or so and hint's rifle ones are around 34, so a 8-9% give or take.

I didn't quite understand why sword underperformed but if it's a way to offer engi newbies an alternative to kits while keeping kits overall better DPS I don't really mind anymore, it's a way to have diversity and I like that.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

It's more like 7-10%

Yes, the latest sword video I saw is around 31.2 or so and hint's rifle ones are around 34, so a 8-9% give or take.

I didn't quite understand why sword underperformed but if it's a way to offer engi newbies an alternative to kits while keeping kits overall better DPS I don't really mind anymore, it's a way to have diversity and I like that.

You're right it isn't less than 5%, but it's close. Looks like you are comparing the sword build with PPD to a rifle build not using PPD though.

You had commented on Reddit for the sword build so I know you're familiar with it. I wonder if whatever was broken about the golem for that test was fixed for SC tests or if they have been adjusted accordingly? If not they're even closer.

Either way in practice I still maintain that the difference between the two will come down to factors outside of there builds themselves. Player skill, group comp, mechanics, etc will make either build higher on an encounter basis I think.

@Adamantium.3682 said:

It's more like 7-10%

You're right it isn't less than 5%, but it's close. Looks like you are comparing the sword build with PPD to a rifle build not using PPD though.

You had commented on Reddit for the sword build so I know you're familiar with it. I wonder if whatever was broken about the golem for that test was fixed for SC tests or if they have been adjusted accordingly? If not they're even closer.

The golem didn't give a fourth tick so the average wasn't there but in hint's video he's parsing with the DPS meter so there's no "mistake".

It's true I was comparing a PPD build to a No Scope one. The real comparison would be between these two:

Either way in practice I still maintain that the difference between the two will come down to factors outside of there builds themselves. Player skill, group comp, mechanics, etc will make either build higher on an encounter basis I think.

That's fine, I like diversity and think there's some intent from the devs to provide it if they give us two power weapons that have their pros and cons. Didn't think so before but every journey leads to enlightenment

@Lunateric.3708 said:

It's more like 7-10%

The golem didn't give a fourth tick so the average wasn't there but in hint's video he's parsing with the DPS meter so there's no "mistake".

It's true I was comparing a PPD build to a No Scope one. The real comparison would be between these two:

That's fine, I like diversity and think there's some intent from the devs to provide it if they give us two power weapons that have their pros and cons. Didn't think so before but every journey leads to enlightenment

That's helpful, thanks. I hadn't watched the videos. 30.7k vs 32.5k is what I'm seeing, pretty fair difference. Rifle gives you better burst and CC, sword gives you a little better survivability and the Quickness if you need it. Pick your poison.

Archived