Issue: I get no audio in Cutscene and Cinimatics thread for Heart of Thorn or Path of Fire

Hello

This is the official whenever I'm in a expansion related cut-scene or cinematic I got no audio for voice acting or background music stops thread. If this happens to you please reply.

This doesn't seem to effect other content like Core Campaign Content ie [Person to Person cutscenes]This only apply to cut-scene in Heart of Thorn or Path of Fire usually dialog.Dialog get cut mid conversationThis may occur in any event that triggers a cut-scene or cinematic and may kill background music as well as dialog.

For pre-rendered scenes, the master volume is applied twice, but that only affects the sound effects in the video.

For voices, you may have a configuration problem with your sound output. Ensure that Windows is properly configured for the type of speakers or headset you're using. If you try to use surround sound when you only have stereo for example, you won't be able to hear all of the channels, and as the position of the sound changes, it'll cut in and out. You can configure your speakers by right clicking the volume in Windows and selecting playback devices, or sound devices under the control panel. You may also need to configure it through your device's management software.

I have the same problems with missing sound (voice) and missing subtitles in the HoT Cutscenes. Didn´t get to the PoF concent yet. Before that i had the feeling, that some dialog cutscenes in season 2 were cut off to fast. I use english voice and german subtitles. Haven´t tried to switch to same languages yet.

I have the same problem. Started about 1 - 2 weeks ago. No sound in cut-scenes and in dialogues I have no sound when I am directly facing the character I'm talking to.Edit: I found a solution for my dialogue problem in another post: My sound settings were on 5.1, so that issue had nothing to do with the problem described here.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived