Player returning from HoT to new expansion

NZPIEFACE.2194

I'm a relatively new player (started playing around the time GW2 base game became free), played for a year with HoT then stopped.I came back and heard about the second expansion.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of what's happened and what's going to happen?And is there anywhere that I can read up on any major things I should know?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Story_summarythe entirety of the story so far.

short version

The White mantel (old order) has returned they try to summon a mursaat (gw1), which they "succeed" inyou have to protect aurene.the mursaat shows up here and says he wants to help you.you help Aurene by teaching her.Primordus and Jormag are active again.Braham is mad at you for "letting Eir die", he goes after Jormag, basically spliting up the group, with roxx going after him making sure he doesn't do anything stupid getting himself killed.you discover that destroying the dragons will result in the world being destroyed.the mursaat turns out to be balthazar, and tries to kill you.then proceeds to try and destroy primordius.you stop him from doing so, instead primordius goes back into his slumber, as does jormag at the same time.

ends with you joining the shining blade, where Livia from gw1 is disguised as a soldier, and you fight of the actual mursaat she has been looking for to destroy this entire time.

Summary: Baltahzar has returned, the dragons are docile for the moment, your group is split up and taimi has grown a bit

I'm sure some people can add some of the things i've forgotten about

@CharterforGw.3149 said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Story_summarySummary: Baltahzar has returned, the dragons are docile for the moment, your group is split up and taimi has grown a bit

So it's really convoluted, I guess?I should probably get around to playing the Living Stories then, was around to get the first 3 parts for free even if I never played them.

Archived