Get this build removed from metabattle

Vagrant.7206

@"Vagrant.7206" said:https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_Flamethrower_Condi

This used to be a good build a few years ago, and one of the oldest PvP builds in existence. Now it is worthless. ArenaNet has admitted to looking at metabattle as part of their balance decisions. Downvote this thing so they no longer consider it.

gl metabattle IS DELETING BAD RATINGS .....

This thread is funny ... you think Anet makes specific changes because of ratings on metabattle? Anet staff knows it exists, just like any good company that keeps tabs of it's online presence. What do you hope to accomplish by attempting to wipe out data they can use to change the game ... are you of the opinion that if you wipe out the right things, you get the buffs you want? Pretty sure the correlation there is zero.

@Obtena.7952 said:This thread is funny ... you think Anet makes specific changes because of ratings on metabattle? Anet staff knows it exists, just like any good company that keeps tabs of it's online presence. What do you hope to accomplish by attempting to wipe out data they can use to change the game ... are you of the opinion that if you wipe out the right things, you get the buffs you want? Pretty sure the correlation there is zero.

Just getting rid of an obsolete build that was in a place it shouldn't have been.

@Obtena.7952 said:This thread is funny ... you think Anet makes specific changes because of ratings on metabattle? Anet staff knows it exists, just like any good company that keeps tabs of it's online presence. What do you hope to accomplish by attempting to wipe out data they can use to change the game ... are you of the opinion that if you wipe out the right things, you get the buffs you want? Pretty sure the correlation there is zero.

It is obsolete, and should not inform anybody's decision on balance. Not sure why that escapes you.

@GoZero.9708 said:Better idea: stop using MetaBattle. There are better sites now.

and why is that? you do know most builds from meta battle help other formulate their own builds down the road because metabattle pretty much gives us a solid foundation on whats decent/solid to use? It also helps a majority of new players get a better feel on a class without getting stomped on with crap they might not even know what works/doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

@zoopop.5630 said:

@GoZero.9708 said:Better idea: stop using MetaBattle. There are better sites now.

and why is that? you do know most builds from meta battle help other formulate their own builds down the road because metabattle pretty much gives us a solid foundation on whats decent/solid to use? It also helps a majority of new players get a better feel on a class without getting stomped on with crap they might not even know what works/doesn't work.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. Meta is a good place to start and then you grow from that. Most Meta builds I have tried just do not suit my needs so I change it up with different traits or a different trait line or maybe some runs and sigils I can afford. I started an Engy and rune of durability???? Yeah I ain't blowing that kind of gold on a toon I am not only new to and learning but something I may not keep.

Archived