[Crazy Idea] EotM Changes

Justine.6351

• Enable mounts and gliding, no territory stuff.
  • -75% outgoing condi duration, global debuff.
  • participation, no skirmish or loyalty pips. Just rank and outnumbered pips.
  • bonus pips for volunteer to switch sides when outnumber pops.
  • 7 second downed state max duration, then death.

Idk just some random thoughts. Might be a mess at first but that's what I like.

Go crazy and have fun ;-)

Why waste dev time on EoTM when they should be fixing and enhancing WvW? Some of the ideas listed above would require a massive overhaul of the existing code (such as switching sides).

Also, no to pips in EoTM. It's not technically possible and not worth the time to code it (again - priorities). You want pips, you play WvW.

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:Why waste dev time on EoTM when they should be fixing and enhancing WvW? Some of the ideas listed above would require a massive overhaul of the existing code (such as switching sides).

Also, no to pips in EoTM. It's not technically possible and not worth the time to code it (again - priorities). You want pips, you play WvW.

I do play wvw, r3000 and more ascended gear than I know what to do with. I just want them to put that list into testing so I can enjoy my wvw time more. And please...all that dev time...The frame work for team swapping already exists in spvp.

And who with a rank over 1k even cares about ticket acquisition anymore, 6months later and it's not even the cap on buying stuff...

@Justine.6351 said:

@Klipso.8653 said:We need bodies on the real maps. I'd rather not incentivize people to que for a waiting lobby map.

Which is funny since we get people that cry que on the regular wvw maps.And is also funny that my purposed changes would draw people to a different place to wvw. Odd...

Well, I'm on Blackgate and the only time we see all ques is reset night, throughout the week its usually only 1 or 2 maps at a time with a que. if the most 'overpopulated' server in this game is having trouble maintaining full maps, I would rather not place a carrot on a stick that leads even more of those people away from the game modes real maps.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:Why waste dev time on EoTM when they should be fixing and enhancing WvW? Some of the ideas listed above would require a
massive
overhaul of the existing code (such as switching sides).

I do play wvw, r3000 and more ascended gear than I know what to do with.

@"Justine.6351" said:

• Enable mounts and gliding, no territory stuff.
  • -75% outgoing condi duration, global debuff.
  • participation, no skirmish or loyalty pips. Just rank and outnumbered pips.
  • bonus pips for volunteer to switch sides when outnumber pops.
  • 7 second downed state max duration, then death.

Idk just some random thoughts. Might be a mess at first but that's what I like.

Go crazy and have fun ;-)

Would be fun to try that. But I think a few of those might be too "out there" to stay for long, well probably most. And probabl too much work for a short feature etc. But I do agree it would be very fun to try it.

At this point I really think they should split EotM off as a "own game type", so it can have its own development (aka 1-2 people just like WvW). But at this stage, EotM just works better than WvW, it has much less design issues and players play it as is intended instead of getting overly serious and competitive (in a non competitive game mode). So honestly, at this point I think ANet would be better off developing EotM than WvW.

• Brings out the popcorn and sausages to grill over the incoming flaming *

@Justine.6351 said:

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:Why waste dev time on EoTM when they should be fixing and enhancing WvW? Some of the ideas listed above would require a
massive

I do play wvw, r3000 and more ascended gear than I know what to do with. I just want them to put that list into testing so I can enjoy my wvw time more. And please...all that dev time...The frame work for team swapping already exists in spvp.

And who with a rank over 1k even cares about ticket acquisition anymore, 6months later and it's not even the cap on buying stuff...

If you (and supposedly anyone over rank 1k) don't care about participation or pips, why put them on the list?

Also, spvp is not wvw or EoTM.

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:

massive

If you (and supposedly anyone over rank 1k) don't care about participation or pips, why put them on the list?

As in,Nobody cares about the exclusiveness. Many are swimming in skirmish tickets without a way to spend them without dumping 22g into items as well.Also, yes we know spvp is not wvw or EotM. But do you actually think they created all 3 from scratch in a vacuum? Do you think one could not be referenced to update another?

No. This is why. I'll make it simple.Real wvw was a happy place.They made EOTM so people could go there and wait to get into real wvw because the real wvw queues were long.A lot of people stopped playing real wvw because EOTM gave easy loot and easy experience.... I am guessing with your love of EOTM and high rank you are one of them... but I may be wrong.Real wvw suffered. EOTM helped to ruin real wvw.Pairings were made.We do not need to give people a reason to go to EOTM again.

At minimum I think they should just replace Desert BL with the EoTM map.. At least to me, I find it more interesting. At best, I'd like them to remove 2 borderlands, leaving EBG and the remaining borderland to rotate between Alpine and EoTM each week. There is no reason to have 3 borderlands anymore, not enough people to fill them outside of reset night. Then leave Desert BL as the new pipless map.

@Justine.6351 said:

massive

As in,Nobody cares about the exclusiveness. Many are swimming in skirmish tickets without a way to spend them without dumping 22g into items as well.Also, yes we know spvp is not wvw or EotM. But do you actually think they created all 3 from scratch in a vacuum? Do you think one could not be referenced to update another?

Nobody huh? People very much care about not having pips in EoTM. There have been numerous threads on that subject. The ones who are in favor of it always seem to just want easy pips.

I won't argue with you further, I'm done explaining the logic of massive coding changes. It doesn't matter anyway, Anet won't invest the time and money into gimmicking-up EoTM.

I'm all for letting players have their form of fun whatever it may be and gain rewards playing how and where they want to play, but truth be told right now, there's only a certain percentage of players that can really say they are able to play how they want, where they want and gain pips WHILE having fun.

Pairings (particularly the current one) ruined wvw for me, it hasn't been a happy place in almost 2 years, pips didnt make it better, relinks usually dont make it better, so no, eotm pips couldn't possibly make it worse.

Do or don't do, can or can't, I care not anymore. Just consider in the future, limiting options for everyone, because some people said that's the right way to do it usually ends up making most everyone sick and tired of the whole thing.

Archived