Need help. NOOB professions question.

Ronald.2086

I normaly play as a healer in my games.Im looking at the professions in GW2 and i see that the Elementalist is the best or allmost the only class that can do it.

I notice that all the classes have a self heal so my question for endgame is.

How much is a pure Healer needed in endgame PVE and PVE.I dont want to level to levelcap and than discover that my servises are not needed.

Dont get me wrong, i will still play the game, i will just pick another profesion.

Regards.Ronald.

i mostly play healer class too but this game is different. In most PVE healer is not needed, healer is only needed in raids or higher fractals (in higher fractals its still optional but its recommended for pug). And to be honest is better to speak about support class not healer, for example many classes can be healer but the reason druid is most wanted are mostly his superior support abilities (generally dmg buffs) compare to other healing classes as Tempest, Revenant or Firebrand. And what i have noticed as biggest problem with healing in pug is very limited range of healing skills, people are spread in many fractals and its hard to be effective in healing. For example in PvP or WvW its better because people usually stack, so its easier to heal them, that is the reason why for example Firebrand is top support in PvP but not so good in fractals. But for World PVE like events you can play what you want.

First of all. There is limited 'endgame'. Most things you do when levelling up are the things you do at max lvl. There are only healers needed for Raids and high tier Fractals (5 man instances). For all other game modes, survivability is not an issue and people will expect you to dps. This is also the reason that class matters little.

@Ronald.2086 said:I normaly play as a healer in my games.Im looking at the professions in GW2 and i see that the Elementalist is the best or allmost the only class that can do it.

I notice that all the classes have a self heal so my question for endgame is.

How much is a pure Healer needed in endgame PVE and PVE.I dont want to level to levelcap and than discover that my servises are not needed.

Dont get me wrong, i will still play the game, i will just pick another profesion.

Regards.Ronald.

hi just stick to druid and you cant miss there really isnt any other choice for raids or fractals, except only for desmina but that is just 1 boss.

Healing is meant only for end game content. Only level up one if you plan to do Fotm CMs and raid on the PvE end. On the Pvp end meaning Spvp and WvW teams and guild are definitely looking for more people who enjoy the support role.

A small note Druids are the meta in the PvE world as of this post here if you wish to play PvE and always have a slot level up a ranger, as for the PvP side its Gaurdian, Rev, Eles, and rangers, i want to say engineers but that could just be my nostalgia.

Think support rather than healer.

As a support, your job is boon uptime, then healing.

In a perfect raid scenario the healer is barely necessary because nobody takes damage. In reality, it often comes down to how well a healer can pull off clutch ass-saving maneuvers.

So, while every class is capable of boon support (even if not optimal, or wanted).... You requested a focus on healers. So the classes capable of actually healing difficult content are the following:

• Ranger, with HoT, and the druid elite spec.
  • Necromancer, with PoF, and the scourge elite spec.
  • Revenant, not vanilla, but arguably with either HoT or PoF elite specs, herald, and renegade.
  • Guardian, with PoF and the Firebrand elite spec.
  • Elementalist, with HoT, and the tempest elite spec

Of these, random PUG groups will (currently, although newer patches are changing this) only druid is a guarantee that you'll find groups.

If you play in an organized guild... Any healer is OK. Because you only have to make your sales pitch to the raid team once.

It's not that druid is actually better than the other healers.... In fact it can't heal as well as revenant, or tempest. It's selling point, is large party-wide damage buffs.

But that doesn't make it best. It makes it the first released healer that the gaming elites, and thus the masses, feel most comfortable with.

I recommend you play with a guild, and play what you want. Most of the time when you get to know a guild, they'll realize you're a good player, and let you do what you want.

Archived