What dye best matches the Auric weapons, specifically axe and mace, on the Mistward armor set?

So far Patina or Dijon seem to be the best looking options in world with real-world lighting, yet they aren't quite as close as I'd prefer. Gold Fusion looks like it'd be closer in the dye window however in real-world lighting, specifically the lighting of Lion's Arch during the day in the trading post, I don't know and will explain why below. The lighting in LA seems to be best "true" light you can get in world, as far as I've been able to tell, and since it's not in the preview window you can zoom in to get a better look.

Unfortunately, I don't have Gold Fusion, I'm not that great at getting gold so I don't want to spend the money on a dye without knowing for sure it looks the best. I understand that everyone's going to have different color and vibrancy options, however, I figure you'll still be able to tell whether or not a dye most closely matches the color of the weapons, I've found that the pommel of the weapons seems to be the easiest measure due to its position. So far I've been rather frustrated trying to find neat looking weapons that also have a good armor dye match.

I specified the Milward set of armor because that's the set I'm pairing these weapons with and in such any odd coloration the armor naturally produces in dyes will have to be overcome. I've looked through all of the dyes, even the ones I don't have, and it really does seem like Gold Fusion is the best overall, though I could very much be wrong. I look forward to your responses and thank you for your time!

Edit: In case anyone is confused for any reason these https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Auric_weapons are the weapons I'm talking about and this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistward_armor is the armor of which I speak.

@LaFleur.9374 said:I like to use fern and quickstalk dyes on my revenant to match the Auric weapons but they are far from perfect matches, fern on the more metallic dye slots. I'm not sure if that's helpful at all so I mailed you a Gold Fusion just in case!

Fern works surprisingly well! I wish I had discovered that sooner. I'll admit, I definitely wasn't expecting that. Thank you very much! You're very kind. I was just hoping to get someone's opinion on it not the actual dye itself!

So I tried it, and it absolutely does look fantastic on the metal bits of that armor. By far the closest match I've seen, it isn't quite perfect, but it really is very close to being such. Thank you so, SO much for the help and the gift!

On another note, if you want to match the color of the energy of the Auric weapons I've found that Olive Ice comes super-duper close as well. At any rate, thank you again!

Archived