Legendary Pre tasks

Hey, I just wanted to express my frustration with the design on some of these collections. Right now I'm wondering why it seemed necessary to provide vague hints rather than simply providing a clear map marker for the location on the star charts? I mean really, it's so obnoxious when the "hint" tells you to go to a large area (i.e. Ossan Quarter) and gives no further indication of where I'm supposed to go to get the item I need. So I went there and literally just ran around clicking the stupid item in my inventory until I happened across this statue that apparently was the location I was looking for. Would it have been so difficult to simply mark the statue?

Now I'm wondering why the "hint" tells me to go to the end of griffon's rook run and that JP in Mount Maelstrom and use the item "near the chest". Well let's define "near", shall we? Because apparently standing anywhere around or ON TOP OF the chest doesn't qualify. No point anywhere on the platform seems to qualify either. So what am I supposed to do? Cover every square inch of the stupid JP while clicking the item in my inventory?

Please put a little more thought into these. It's seriously obnoxious.

I'm pretty sure they did this deliberately to add some challenge to the collections, rather than just making it a check list players can rush through. But if you do want to do that there's plenty of guides online that will remove all thought and effort from the process for you.

You'd have hated it when the game launched - there was absolutely no information on how to make legendaries at all. It was designed as a scavenger hunt where players found bits of them and had to figure out things like mystic forge recipes and what gifts went with which weapons by trial and error. I enjoyed that (not that I got to participate directly very much, since I couldn't afford to make a legendary that early on) because it made the whole process more exciting, but I can understand how it would be frustrating if you just want to get it over with and get the finished weapon ASAP.

@Danikat.8537 said:I'm pretty sure they did this deliberately to add some challenge to the collections, rather than just making it a check list players can rush through. But if you do want to do that there's plenty of guides online that will remove all thought and effort from the process for you.

You'd have hated it when the game launched - there was absolutely no information on how to make legendaries at all. It was designed as a scavenger hunt where players found bits of them and had to figure out things like mystic forge recipes and what gifts went with which weapons by trial and error. I enjoyed that (not that I got to participate directly very much, since I couldn't afford to make a legendary that early on) because it made the whole process more exciting, but I can understand how it would be frustrating if you just want to get it over with and get the finished weapon ASAP.

Talking to some people who have crafted this legendary before, I found that this is probably some sort of bug. They tell me that standing in looting range of these chests should work and that looting the chest doesn't have anything to do with it. Hopefully it's the sort of bug that just happened once. I'm going to try again during the next night cycle.

I'm not so much in a rush, but simply hate that what should be a straightforward task is made difficult by either bugs or poor information. I personally don't find the appeal to being given a large area to search through by running around clicking with zero feedback until either I happen across the exact spot I need by chance or my clicker finger falls off!

@"nottsgman.8206" said:are you doing it at night? if you stand at/on the chest and do it, it works, but it only works at night

edit to add: dusk/dawn part of the cycle don't count as night, even though visually they are the same. make sure it is actually night (you can use AC weapons or mini spooky spider to help, or the wiki timer)

Yeah, I verified using the timer on the wiki and I left, successfully completed some others, came back and it still didn't work.

@Fluffball.8307 said:Assuming you're talking about astralaria, it's not that near the chest at all. It's on the rock like halfway up the JP if I remember right. I had to resort to youtube to find the right spot, I wish the tip didn't mention anything about the chest.

Grrr. That is just about the most annoying thing...

A big THANK YOU to the developer who thought this was a good idea, and may you throw some of your valuable time down the toilet in the near future over something equally idiotic!

@"Fluffball.8307" said:Assuming you're talking about astralaria, it's not that near the chest at all. It's on the rock like halfway up the JP if I remember right. I had to resort to youtube to find the right spot, I wish the tip didn't mention anything about the chest.

And thanks for that. I wanted to avoid searching through an hour of video to find 10 seconds of relevant footage, but apparently "near the chest" means "anywhere within 12 square miles of the chest" instead. It doesn't help I was given bad information by players who have apparently forgotten that they didn't actually find this item while standing right next to the chest!

Again, stupid design. Why provide a hint at all? There is nothing fun about wandering around repeatedly clicking an item in your inventory on the off chance that you happen to be standing in exactly the right spot!

Is this for astralaria? I remember there were two horrible entries for the star chart. One was the one in Mount Maelstrom and the other was in Metrica. "Near the chest" carrying the additional hidden meaning of "but not too close to the chest" is a bit counter intuitive. The metrica one IIRC required being on a completely different platform from the end chest.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Is this for astralaria? I remember there were two horrible entries for the star chart. One was the one in Mount Maelstrom and the other was in Metrica. "Near the chest" carrying the additional hidden meaning of "but not too close to the chest" is a bit counter intuitive. The metrica one IIRC required being on a completely different platform from the end chest.

It took me 3 night cycles to complete these two (not Metrica, but Griffon's Rook Run and the Hidden Garden in Mount Maelstrom), and I never would have figured it out if not for digging through videos online.

So Griffon's Rook JP is a bit odd. It IS actually near a chest at the end of the JP. The problem is that for some reason the JP has a chest you reach before the final chest that is lootable while the final chest is not only not lootable, but doesn't even have a name label on it! It's just sitting up on some random cliff top and you'd never know it if you didn't happen to wander up there! But I expect many players know this already as the JP doesn't actually complete until you reach this chest. Still, it's really confusing if you didn't know that going in!

The Hidden Garden is just straight up dev trolling, in my opinion. "Near the chest" should be RIGHT ON TOP OF IT when the terrain is so vertical. There is really no excuse for placing an invisible object on some random floating island that otherwise has nothing on it and isn't particularly close to the chest this object is supposed to be near!

Anyway, I'm glad that's over with but I would have enjoyed the entire process if it weren't for this garbage.

Archived