Anet's next pvp move will be its most important.

Keyba.9570

Hi guys, Keyba here. I am an NA player who has played warrior since the beginning. I enjoy all game modes of Guild Wars 2, but I really favor pvp because the combat mechanics in Guild Wars 2 is second to none. I understand that Guild Wars 2 is an MMO, and historically MMOs have not had the healthiest pvp communities (I tried to pvp in final fantasy 14 and queue times were 30 minutes in prime time). I've always given Anet the benefit of the doubt, yet recently I have become frustrated with the inability to fix simple and glaring issues in a timely manner. The methodology seems to be ineffective. I was there when warrior was trash and meta was hammer stun 100 blades and I never quit playing my class. Lately, I have been tempted to play scourge or firebrand because of how obviously easy they are to play. Their balance team needs to fix the condition pressure quick or people will just stop playing the game mode all together. I get PvE is the money maker, but it's not like the community is asking for much at this point. Those who speak ill of the game obviously want to come back or else they wouldn't be talking about the game as much as they do. At least from my perspective, I want a game that is just playable and enjoyable. I just hope they understand the seriousness of this situation.

Does even pve has a comunity like pvp or WvW???????> @Apolo.5942 said:

Conditions need to be NORMALIZED.

SINGLE player conditions stack on DURATION.MULTIPLE players conditions stack on INTENSITY.REBALANCE duration, damage and aplication.And reevaluate from there.

less cleave and aoe and force players to play on team would be a good solutions for that, also i bet that would reduce the lag...

But go tell to pver's on pvp.. to remove the cleave spam and most aoe's...

@Apolo.5942 said:Conditions need to be NORMALIZED.

SINGLE player conditions stack on DURATION.MULTIPLE players conditions stack on INTENSITY.REBALANCE duration, damage and aplication.And reevaluate from there.

Idk if it's applicable, but in a lot of tabletop rpg's, this is how it works.

Ability damage/debuffs from a single source do not stack but supersede, and from other sources it stacks.

@KonateTheGreat.2549 said:

@"Apolo.5942" said:Conditions need to be NORMALIZED.

Idk if it's applicable, but in a lot of tabletop rpg's, this is how it works.

Ability damage/debuffs from a single source do not stack but supersede, and from other sources it stacks.

isn't that how it works on gw1??'

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Effect_stacking

Aoe Application wouldn't be as horrible if it was significantly weaker than single target damage or physical skill damage. This is where they mess up in pvp. They have the ability to remove specific skills from pvp yet they can't completely split the two for some reason. Its mind boggling.

@Keyba.9570 said:Aoe Application wouldn't be as horrible if it was significantly weaker than single target damage or physical skill damage. This is where they mess up in pvp. They have the ability to remove specific skills from pvp yet they can't completely split the two for some reason. Its mind boggling.

I disagree with this idea because it inherently blocks choices.

As a pve-to-pvp player, I like to be able to just run the same build without having to remember what traits or weapons I was running.

Also, from a dev standpoint, at some point everything would just be a rehash of the same ability without aoe options.

@KonateTheGreat.2549 said:

@Keyba.9570 said:Aoe Application wouldn't be as horrible if it was significantly weaker than single target damage or physical skill damage. This is where they mess up in pvp. They have the ability to remove specific skills from pvp yet they can't completely split the two for some reason. Its mind boggling.

As a pve-to-pvp player, I like to be able to just run the same build without having to remember what traits or weapons I was running.

Also, from a dev standpoint, at some point everything would just be a rehash of the same ability without aoe options.

The current state blocks alot of choices already. There is almost no build or comp diversity when I PvP because classes like scourge exist. Elementalists and revenants are almost non existent in pvp. Aoe Skills should have less of an effect because they require less skill to use.

i have two major enemies while pvping the major is arena net and the other is those that rolled a scourge and pick skyhammer just because their definition of fun is ruining other peoples fun.you cant beat this fun ruining alliance but i still find some good fights now and then :/

@Keyba.9570 said:

The current state blocks alot of choices already. There is almost no build or comp diversity when I PvP because classes like scourge exist. Elementalists and revenants are almost non existent in pvp. Aoe Skills should have less of an effect because they require less skill to use.

Maybe lots of them are brainless to use but don't put all AoE in the same basket. Look at ele staff for example. Nothing broken about its AoE. Actually it has been undertuned against other players for ages now. It requres too much of a setup to use for it to ever be valuable.

@Apolo.5942 said:Conditions need to be NORMALIZED.

I actually really like this potential approach to conditions. It keeps a single player from overloading, but doesn't make allied condi users compete for application like the previous hard cap did before the old specialization patch removed it.

@Vieux P.1238 said:Ok, you all need to stop! It was previously & recently mentioned by Anet that there is No major overhall plan in pvp. So stop believing in the Santa clause. It has not happen yet & is not going to happen.

Balance is all this is about. Not overhaul. I still find satisfaction in the rewards but not the game play in it's current state with condi bombs and aoe spams.

Archived