What "Raid locked" means.

DanAlcedo.3281

Hi guys.

Many people tell me that raids are not locked for me , but i want to show you my point of view in a dialog way.Pls read it fully.

Im standing in a room with many doors.A Pvp door , a WvW door and a Raid door.I go to the WvW door and try to open it => it opens.(I can press F on a portal and i can play wvw)I go to the PvP door and try to open it => it opens.(I press on unranked/ranked and i can play pvp)

I go to the Raid door and try to open it => its locked.

???: You need a key to open the door.I look around and see a shady man in a corner.Me: Can i have it?Man: This will be 200 Li.Me: I dont have that. Where can i get that?Man: Behind this door.Me: So....... any other way i can get Li?Man: Multiple ways.Man: If you know someone who is already behind this door , he can open it for you.Me: You mean join a Raid Guild?Man: Yes.Me: But they also ask for 200 Li to join.Man: You could pay for it. Multiple 100g up to 1000g or more. But on your own risk.Me: ?Man: Oh. You push the money under the door. Maybe it opens , maybe someone is alot richer know.Me: Any other way?Man: Sure. Legends say every full Moon a "Training Guild" appears. Never seen one myself.Me: And you think i could find one?Man: If you are lucky. I mean finding one is rare , but finding one in your timezone that raids when you have the time for it...... good luck.Me: Other ways?Man: You could try to find 9 other people like you and smash the door in.Me: And this works?Man: Never seen it work, but many tried it.Me: So i cant enter.Man: Looks like it.Me: Well thank you for your time.Man: Oh one last thing. Next time it will be 300 Li.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or you can try to join an actual guild that does training or a training community, that do not actually ask for Li, instead of relying on shady random ppl. If you have not seen them then you have not looked well enough. Let me help:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/73rct1/crossroads_inn_eu_raid_training_community_looking/

http://rti.enjin.com/

Just stay away from the shady guy. You don't know what he's got on under that trenchcoat. Or not. Come play in open world, where it's open and safe and you don't have to go near any shady guys in trenchcoats. Unless they're heart vendors. And they want you to drink a potion that they claim will have no long-term harmful effects. Actually, there's a lot of suspicious characters all around.

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:Me: Other ways?Man: You could try to find 9 other people like you and smash the door in.Me: And this works?Man: Never seen it work, but many tried it.Me: So i cant enter.Man: Looks like it.Me: Well thank you for your time.Man: Oh one last thing. Next time it will be 300 Li.

So how did all the current raiders start out?

Stop trying to skip ahead of the line. You have no experience so wanting to join experienced groups obviously won't work.

Join training runs or normal guilds that raid (no applying to Snow Crows, Quantify or some other high skill raiding guild does not qualify as "trying to join a guild").

Your problem is not that people are wanting 200 LI. Your problem is that you are unwilling to put in the time and effort to actually gain experience but instead want to leech off of other people carrying through the raid getting taken along for a ride on their work.

In that same room in your scenario you can open it, you can make a Group, you can lead a Raid, you have Those options you don’t have to rely on Joining another Players Group, you are free to do Raids, there are the possibilities of joining Raid training guilds(quite a few out there), Raiding Guilds that are willing to teahc(quite a few out there, Starting your own Guild to learn with others, on top of making you own LFM postings, or you can join LFM postings already up on the LFG quite a few don’t require Li. Etc

Everyone has equal Access to Raids. Just because you don’t want to do any of those options or many others doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

I agree with OP, the commanders in the raiding scene have absurd join requirements but this isn't an issue that Anet can fight unfortunately. All that can be done is for like minded people to form there own PuGs or join a guild or do both.

Eventually the number of sane rational people will outnumber the irrational squad commanders asking for a life time of proof for Samarog like wtf >.>

did you chose to completely ignore the other shady guy that cry for newbie to join him? he said: Training group here all welcome. but you walked straight pass him in a hope to join a group that way pass your skill in raids

tbh. i am pretty tired of seeing post like this. i have seen people never done any raids start from scratch and try very hard eventually get where they need to.

Raid are toxic. Raid Guilds are unfriendly because Greed people like IRL. Guilds make Raids toxic like anything guilds deal with btw.I raided months on my own. Making my pick up groups. Once I get my legendary armor on my OWN with random groups I never step back there too many selfish and toxic people to deal with. Make your own group learn the basic and with time and practise you can do it. I have 200+ LI and without any toxic guilds and "pro-mentality" players' help. xD Kick these toxic players that join your group with no remorse.As raid leader you make your own rule and then you do not have to deal with their BS.PS these people hate if you succeed without their "required help" lol because it's exclusive content only for "skilled" which they trully to be the only one. (they ALWAYS know better ^^ and they live by METAGAME and hardly use brain)

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:Me: Other ways?Man: You could try to find 9 other people like you and smash the door in.Me: And this works?Man: Never seen it work, but many tried it.Me: So i cant enter.Man: Looks like it.Me: Well thank you for your time.Man: Oh one last thing. Next time it will be 300 Li.

Stop trying to skip ahead of the line. You have no experience so wanting to join experienced groups obviously won't work.

Join training runs or normal guilds that raid (no applying to Snow Crows, Quantify or some other high skill raiding guild does not qualify as "trying to join a guild").

Your problem is not that people are wanting 200 LI. Your problem is that you are unwilling to put in the time and effort to actually gain experience but instead want to leech off of other people carrying through the raid getting taken along for a ride on their work.

You are kind of missing the point. I'm sure the OP is more than happy to work hard for it, but they aren't given the opportunity to even get their foot in the door. How can you gain experience when you aren't allowed to experience the content in the first place? As for how the current raiders started out, most of them will have been raiding since raids were introduced. It's a lot easier to get your foot in the door when the content is new and everyone is a beginner. Come late to the party and everyone else already knows what they are doing and only wants to play with other experienced players.

@Wandering Mist.2973 said:

You are kind of missing the point. I'm sure the OP is more than happy to work hard for it, but they aren't given the opportunity to even get their foot in the door. How can you gain experience when you aren't allowed to experience the content in the first place? As for how the current raiders started out, most of them will have been raiding since raids were introduced. It's a lot easier to get your foot in the door when the content is new and everyone is a beginner. Come late to the party and everyone else already knows what they are doing and only wants to play with other experienced players.

By not joining groups which ask for way more experience than OP has. How often does this have to get repeated?

If people are asking for x amount of LI or experience and you DO NOT HAVE THAT, it's not your target group and you are not the target player the group is looking for.

EDIT: Let's assume arenanet added easy raids. Which group would you join as inexperienced player? The easy mode raid, or the normal mode raid asking for 200 LI? Why not use that approach now and cut out the middle man of having an extra segregating game mode?

2nd EDIT since you expanded your post while I was answering: there is new raiders joining constantly. I should know because we have regularly people show up for training runs. The entire "we are late to the party" argument is absolute bs. If there was some merit to it, raid numbers would be declining and arenanet would have this visible on their metrics and data. Suffice to say, they would change their approach. Since this doesn't seem the case, you get where I'm going with this.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

By not joining groups which ask for way more experience than OP has. How often does this have to get repeated?

If people are asking for x amount of LI or experience and you DO NOT HAVE THAT, it's not your target group and you are not the target player the group is looking for.

EDIT: Let's assume arenanet added easy raids. Which group would you join as inexperienced player? The easy mode raid, or the normal mode raid asking for 200 LI? Why not use that approach now and cut out the middle man of having an extra segregating game mode?

2nd EDIT since you expanded your post while I was answering: there is new raiders joining constantly. I should know because we have regularly people show up for training runs. The entire "we are late to the party" argument is absolute bs. If there was some merit to it, raid numbers would be declining and arenanet would have this visible on their metrics and data. Suffice to say, they would change their approach. Since this doesn't seem the case, you get where I'm going with this.

That's all well and good except all the groups I see on lfg ask for LI or KP. The only training run I've seen advertised on lfg was for wing 5 bosses that required you to have KP from another raid wing.....

That's all well and good except all the groups I see on lfg ask for LI or KP. The only training run I've seen advertised on lfg was for wing 5 bosses that required you to have KP from another raid wing.....

Considering wing 5 is completely new and even among the experienced raiders many are very inexperienced or haven't even approached it, yes the entry barrier on the most difficult wing is higher. This counts double for PUG raids.

I'm not seeing where you are trying to go with this. Are you seriously suggesting inexperienced players who want to start raiding should start with the most difficult content? That's just cruel to even suggest...

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Considering wing 5 is completely new and even among the experienced raiders many are very inexperienced or haven't even approached it, yes the entry barrier on the most difficult wing is higher. This counts double for PUG raids.

I'm not seeing where you are trying to go with this. Are you seriously suggesting inexperienced players who want to start raiding should start with the most difficult content? That's just cruel to even suggest...

Not at all. I'm simply stating that training and newbie friendly runs are extremely rare compared to runs that demand a large amount of LI in order to get on.

Not at all. I'm simply stating that training and newbie friendly runs are extremely rare compared to runs that demand a large amount of LI in order to get on.

Yet I see training runs all the time advertised, especially during prime time. 50 and 100 LI runs are also very common. Least to say that the guild recruitment forums are full of guilds looking for people.

Maybe your subjective statement is accurate, I wouldn't know since from my subjective point of view it does not hold up.

Archived