weakness

Eddbopkins.2630

why does it ONLY affect power builds?

an idea poped in my head.....if you have weakness on you the conditions that are on you are also halved. so if the the enemy wants to put weakness on you to stop your burst then there burst will be mitigated as well giving the weakness condition balance when applied. best idea i thought of yet i think...lolz

Just adding this here:
50% fumble on all attackEndurance regeneration decreased by 50%50% of hits are Glancing Blows (50% damage).

Fumble: 50% of regular damage and lose any critical damage

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:Endurance regeneration hits everyone equally, and condition builds are also hit by the crit negation. Quite a few condition builds get a lot out of "on crit" traits (and outside of PvP, sigils).

So why not reduce its condition output if you have weakness on you? Or maby we should make vulnerability back to only buffing power dmg like it used to be...

Weakness is absolutely nuts. Most sources are short enough to brush off but scourges constantly corrupt any might to 10s of weakness. That is way too long of a time to shut down all my damage for something so common as corrupting might when scourge has 5s CD corrupts.

Either give weakness a 50% chance to fumble condition skills where each condition a skill inflicts has a chance of not being applied, or lower the power damage mitigation to something more reasonable like 25% chance of fumble. Or change might corruption conversion to not be a ridiculous 10s baseline of weakness.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:Weakness is absolutely nuts. Most sources are short enough to brush off but scourges constantly corrupt any might to 10s of weakness. That is way too long of a time to shut down all my damage for something so common as corrupting might when scourge has 5s CD corrupts.

Either give weakness a 50% chance to fumble condition skills where each condition a skill inflicts has a chance of not being applied, or lower the power damage mitigation to something more reasonable like 25% chance of fumble. Or change might corruption conversion to not be a ridiculous 10s baseline of weakness.

Quaggan had same issue on Fresh Air since last patch, as he gets stack of ~~ Might ~~ Weakness for 10 seconds whenever he switches attunement.

Conditions are meant to work different as direct damage. I guess ANet has no intention to equalize these two damage types too much (would not make sense). Vulnerability is such a weak condition that it is quite safe to apply the damage increase to all kinds of damage.

But Weakness would destroy conditions completely now where ANet is about to nerf the burst potential (the latter is good). An additional damage reduction would be too much. They would have to increase the burst potential again to compensate for a third counter in addition to cleanses and Resistance that Weakness would be.

@KrHome.1920 said:Conditions are meant to work different as direct damage. I guess ANet has no intention to equalize these two damage types too much (would not make sense). Vulnerability is such a weak condition that it is quite safe to apply the damage increase to all kinds of damage.

But Weakness would destroy conditions completely now where ANet is about to nerf the burst potential (the latter is good). An additional damage reduction would be too much. They would have to increase the burst potential again to compensate for a third counter in addition to cleanses and Resistance that Weakness would be.

Your worried about a third counter to condis? How many counters are there to power...lets see...invulnerables, evades (cant dodge a condi tick once its on you), blocks, protection, traited damage mitigation, and probably more. But for now i thought up 4-5 in the span of a few seconds. Your agument is null n void.......

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:Conditions are meant to work different as direct damage. I guess ANet has no intention to equalize these two damage types too much (would not make sense). Vulnerability is such a weak condition that it is quite safe to apply the damage increase to all kinds of damage.

Your worried about a third counter to condis? How many counters are there to power...lets see...invulnerables, evades
(cant dodge a condi tick once its on you)
, blocks, protection, traited damage mitigation, and probably more. Your agument is null n void.......

Sorry to say but evades, in-vulnerabilities, and blocks work just as well against conditions. Yes you cant avoid damage that has already been dealt but that's not their purpose. They are supposed to prevent new sources of incoming damage, which they do equally well against both damage types. This has always been a fallacious argument.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Your worried about a third counter to condis? How many counters are there to power...lets see...
invulnerables, evades (cant dodge a condi tick once its on you), blocks, protection, traited damage mitigation, and probably more.
But for now i thought up 4-5 in the span of a few seconds.
Your agument is null n void.......
Tell me something I did not already know for 5 years now...

Honestly, you obviously want to erase one type of damage from the game if you supoort the OPs suggestion.

If you watch my post history you realize I play Power Reaper exclusively (former Power Thief main...). I would never touch any Condi class like Scourge. And I am still able to find more reasonable arguments regarding this topic than you.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Your worried about a third counter to condis? How many counters are there to power...lets see...invulnerables, evades
(cant dodge a condi tick once its on you)
, blocks, protection, traited damage mitigation, and probably more. Your agument is null n void.......

Sorry to say but evades, in-vulnerabilities, and blocks work just as well against conditions. Yes you cant avoid damage that has already been dealt but that's not their purpose. They are supposed to prevent new sources of incoming damage, which they do equally well against both damage types. This has always been a fallacious argument.

Some invulns dont stop condi application so 1/3 of ur statement is false. And the other 2 dont do equally well.... theres not any power feild that i know of that sits out on the battlefield for 8 seconds like the scourge marks do n apply pulsing power damage like those marks do with conditions. Pulsing aoe condi marks for 5+ secobds wait they can lay down 3 with no cool down after one another so thats 24 seconds of almost continuous condi application if the player knows is rotations.

But lets get back to the post title weakness shuts down any power build while condi have no mitigation. Not talking counters like clearing. I mean mitigation like protection/weakness is to power builds.

Resistance exists..which doesn't affect power, and light aura, and there are condition cleanses. Where power has weakness, and protection.

Both are affected by frost aura, aegis, invuls, and blocks.So as i see it at the moment conditions have more weaknesses then power.Conditions are fine people learn to play utilize combo fields, use your cleanses at problematic stats not right away space your heals out, stop coming to the forums trying to find away to nerf an entire damage type of which only 2 classes really use because you lost a game.

One more thing, condition classes are going to continuously apply conditions because that how the class type works like power classes are going to contentiously attack you, and healers are going to continuously heal. Stop using this argument.

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:Im pretty sure frost aura doesn't affect condtions only power mitigation.Resistance is negligent since not every class has access to it same with aegis n blocks

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Frost_Aura_(effect)Does not state that it doesn't mitigate condition damage, it also says all incoming damage

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/ProtectionDoes, and says direct damage.

Unless this is a serious oversight frost aura does affect condition damage.

@Genesis.5169 said:Resistance exists..which doesn't affect power, and light aura, and there are condition cleanses. Where power has weakness, and protection.

Both are affected by frost aura, aegis, invuls, and blocks.So as i see it at the moment conditions have more weaknesses then power.Conditions are fine people learn to play utilize combo fields, use your cleanses at problematic stats not right away space your heals out, stop coming to the forums trying to find away to nerf an entire damage type of which only 2 classes really use because you lost a game.

One more thing, condition classes are going to continuously apply conditions because that how the class type works like power classes are going to contentiously attack you, and healers are going to continuously heal. Stop using this argument.

Lets not forget armor..

@Genesis.5169 said:One more thing, condition classes

Shouldn't even exist. There should be no such thing as a PvP build that relies completely on condition damage. Burning and poison should've never been allowed to stack, conditions were never meant to be a viable sole source of damage but instead SUPPLEMENTAL DAMAGE AND DEBUFFS. Those changes were made for PvE heroes that wanted to use condition builds for some reason.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:One more thing, condition classes

Shouldn't even exist. There should be no such thing as a PvP build that relies completely on condition damage. Burning and poison should've never been allowed to stack, conditions were never meant to be a viable sole source of damage but instead SUPPLEMENTAL DAMAGE AND DEBUFFS. Those changes were made for PvE heroes that wanted to use condition builds for some reason.

So, the dire/carrion/rampagers gear that existed back in the day was just for show?How about all those runes/sigils that were just for condition damage?Are you serious?Please, how about you apply actual facts to your arguments next time.

@"MyPuppy.8970" said:Frost aura does not affect condition damage. Light aura offers -10% incoming condition damage reduction. When not specified, damage implies only physical.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Frost_Aura_(effect)Does not state that it doesn't mitigate condition damage, it also says all incoming damage

Unless this is a serious oversight frost aura does affect condition damage.

@nicknamenick.2437 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:Resistance exists..which doesn't affect power, and light aura, and there are condition cleanses. Where power has weakness, and protection.

Lets not forget armor..

I can't quite give you that because runes exist like sunless that reduce condition duration passively.

@"MyPuppy.8970" said:I haven't see the "all" part in frost aura description.I think Protection specifies "direct damage only" to avoid great disillusions.

Unless this is a serious oversight frost aura does affect condition damage.'

This is the last time im going to post this anyone who says frost aura doesn't mitigation condition damage w/o proof to the contrary you can consider there opinion of the matter of condition damage invalid and mainly fueled my salt mined from the crystal desert.

@Genesis.5169 said:

@"MyPuppy.8970" said:I haven't see the "all" part in frost aura description.I think Protection specifies "direct damage only" to avoid great disillusions.

)Does not state that it doesn't mitigate condition damage, it also says all incoming damage

Does, and says direct damage.

Unless this is a serious oversight frost aura does affect condition damage.'

This is the last time im going to post this anyone who says frost aura doesn't mitigation condition damage w/o proof to the contrary you can consider there opinion of the matter of condition damage invalid and mainly fueled my salt mined from the crystal desert.

All - % incoming damage are power only, that question was solved forever ago when they started introducing -% damage foods lol.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage_Reduction

Wasn't even hard to find.

THIS IS THE LAST TIME IM GOING TO POST THIS!

@"Genesis.5169" said:This is the last time im going to post this anyone who says frost aura doesn't mitigation condition damage w/o proof to the contrary you can consider there opinion of the matter of condition damage invalid and mainly fueled my salt mined from the crystal desert.

Frost Armor:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage_Reduction

Most effects that only state 10% Damage Reduction are direct damage only. Runes/consumables that reduce condition damage state it specifically.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Curry_Mussel_Souphttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Stars

Archived