Town Clothes Outfits: Supply and Demand on the Trading Post

Chorne.8195

So, in the newest patch they made it so you can make town clothes tonics into outfits, which suddenly has made them a million times more appealing.However, this also poses a problem.There's a limited amount of tonics in the game. Only players from the beginning of GW2 got these outfits, and that, compared to how many players there are now, is a tiny supply of tonics for purchase. Many players want to keep their tonics. And now, with them becoming outfits, they've become consumable items, which also drastically decreases the amount of tonics for sale.And with the new outfit patch, there'll be a bigger demand for them. Prices are insane on the marketplace. The prices for the tonics, ( Disregarding the common clothing one, I haven't been around long enough to know why that one is so cheap, ) range from 150 g to 600 g. The most expensive tonic, ( 600 g Silk Brocade tonic, ) is $30 in gems, and there are only six for sale.There is no way for more tonics to enter the trading post because of the town clothes being removed. And now they just upped the demand.Soooo...What are they going to do? Leave it as is, leaving practically no one able to purchase these new outfits without dedicating hours or paying a ton of cash? Will they add them to the gem store? Make them achievement awards?I really want these outfits, but I'm not dedicating an entire Christmas break/all of my savings for them.

There are about half a dozen threads that are asking about this/offering suggestions.

I'm betting that ANet already has plans to introduce new sources. So if you can be patient, wait. I'm not spending more than 800 gems worth of gold on any.

My guess as to the new sources: gem shop and/or next year's birthday present (choice of 1-2) and/or side-story collection (choice of 1).

The Basic Town Cloths should be a reward after story 10, 20 or 40 this will get new players introduced to outfits early on.

The others I belive that Anet will put in them back in the gem store at like 400-600 gems each or maybe a bundle at 1600-2000 for all of them.

They could do the good thing by letting us buy them with karma or gold from vendors around Tyria.

I will not buy of the TP as they are not worth it.

@Gilgamesh VII.8690 said:The Basic Town Cloths should be a reward after story 10, 20 or 40 this will get new players introduced to outfits early on.

The others I belive that Anet will put in them back in the gem store at like 400-600 gems each or maybe a bundle at 1600-2000 for all of them.

They could do the good thing by letting us buy them with karma or gold from vendors around Tyria.

I will not buy of the TP as they are not worth it.

Considering the inspired-by-GW1 armor skins are 500 gems, I'd hope to see these outfits selling for more like 300 gems.

I purchased the Common Clothing for a few silver and the relatively inexpensive Riding Clothes for around 30G. I'm just not willing to pay hundreds of gold for the others. Many of them are almost exact replicas of each other.

@Vulf.3098 said:

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:let it be known you guys that they arent going to dig into the tradepost just for something like this.

They will throw them back into the gem store which is where you originally got most of them back before they were tonics.

then (even though op said except for common) that it would probably be cheaper to get them on the tp for common ones now than later.

Archived