Gathering Nodes in new maps. Change? Bug?

Esodiki.6723

I have been gathering nodes such as petrified wood etc. Usually I would do this once per map per character daily. For some reason I have done it on 2 characters and now all the nodes have disappeared for all of my other characters. This has happened for the past 3 days. What is going on?

• 2 weeks later...

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:There’s a limit per day per account. Once you hit the limit the nodes can’t be harvested until they reset.

This, but I'm not sure if the home instance counts. Don't think it does though. Not sure why ANet made it limited, but I suspect it has to do with market value and all.

Petrified wood is account bound, nothing to do with the market. More probably due to time gating like everything else.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Petrified wood is account bound, nothing to do with the market. More probably due to time gating like everything else.I think it is a combination of timegating as others have said as well as market. Passion Flowers are not account bound by you are limited per day on them as well. Then again some of them could be experiments that were never turned off.

Some of the stuff that is account bound, ANet has later unlocked and made available to everyone later. In fact, they made a point of this with Path of Fire. Something along the lines of not wanting to inflate the market for the time being, but those items would eventually be sellable via the Trading Post.

Edit: But I might be recalling that wrong. I'm not into crafting. ;)

@Tommy.1965 said:SO if i counted correctly the new Limit is hacking 13 Petrified Stumps (3 times each) ? Not worth my time to be honest, i'll take the home instance node then -.-

Did you check the whole map? The way the limit work is not so straightforward. The map is split into multiple sectors and you can reach the limit in one sector while there are still usable nodes in other sectors.

There are several different gates on the LS3 map currencies and they aren't well documented:

1. There's an account cap, for total per day.
  2. There's a character cap on the total per map
  3. There's a separate per character cap per 'area', which 'area' being poorly documented. For example, in Bloostone Fen, there's only so much Blood Ruby you can gather from the 'pit' compared to from the rocks in the sky.
  4. There's a reset timer of ~20-23 hours per character per instance. This is more noticeable in Ember Bay, which rarely has new instances, so when you return after reset, some nodes might not have reset yet (depending on what time you farmed the day before). Unbound takes longer to reset than the ground nodes. In contrast, this isn't always a problem for Bitterfrost, which (outside of festivals) tends to spawn new instances before you return.

I think (1) is the only one that's documented fully on the wiki and (3) is only well established for Bloodstone Fen and probably Bitterfrost (although not sure if the wiki is up-to-date).

That's all theory. In practice, my recommendation is:

• Run through each map of interest until you hit an impasse on your character.
  • Swap to a different character & repeat until impasse.
  • Continue until you (a) run out of characters, (b) run out of patience, or © hit the account cap.

tl;dr pay no attention to the details to start with; just do your thing. If you farm enough, you'll want to learn the patterns, but if you only do it for a "while," you don't really need to burden your memory with the minutiae. It's faster to just swap toons than be "efficient." (For true farmers, there are all sorts of ways to optimize.)

@Tommy.1965 said:SO if i counted correctly the new Limit is hacking 13 Petrified Stumps (3 times each) ? Not worth my time to be honest, i'll take the home instance node then -.-

The limit is not on how many nodes you can harvest, but on the amount of petrified wood logs you can get per day. I can always farm all map token nodes on LS3 maps on a single character without any disappearing. That usually happens if I take a second character to that map. And to be fair, the drop rate of petrified wood logs isn't all that bad.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:Some of the stuff that is account bound, ANet has later unlocked and made available to everyone later. In fact, they made a point of this with Path of Fire. Something along the lines of not wanting to inflate the market for the time being, but those items would eventually be sellable via the Trading Post.

You recalled it wrong. ;)What ANet did with the release of PoF is not add some of the new materials to storage, so people wouldn't hoard as many but sell them instead, thereby decreasing the price to a reasonable level instead of keeping the price high because people are hoarding and not selling. Nothing to do with turning accountbound materials tradeable, at least.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:Some of the stuff that is account bound, ANet has later unlocked and made available to everyone later. In fact, they made a point of this with Path of Fire. Something along the lines of not wanting to inflate the market for the time being, but those items would eventually be sellable via the Trading Post.

You recalled it wrong. ;)What ANet did with the release of PoF is not add some of the new materials to storage, so people wouldn't hoard as many but sell them instead, thereby decreasing the price to a reasonable level instead of keeping the price high because people are hoarding and not selling. Nothing to do with turning accountbound materials tradeable, at least.

Ah. My bad. Thank you for the clarification. :+1:

Bitterfrost has no daily cap, but it does have a 22 hour reset time per character. Logging and mining nodes do definitely have a daily account cap... don't believe that Orrian Pearls have one either, but because they aren't as numerous or as clustered as Berries that makes the runs less productive, though you can do the meta and purchase the chests for at least breaking even and more likely a gain of Pearls... also doing the hearts and reliquary lottery can get you a nice amount as well. TBH I have always found the drop rate on Petrified Wood and Bloodstone Rubies to be terrible, and the nodes too infrequent to be worth the time it takes. If it weren't for certain trinkets I wouldn't do either of these zones ever. The drop rates on the Orchids and the Jade Shards seems to be much better, but again limited per day.

Archived