Is Celestial a Viable choice? If not then what for my ele?

Some Call Me Tim.2319

I get told from time to time from different people that Celestial is a good way to go. I can never really get a good reason for this... and the people that say it typically do NOT run celestial gear. I'm trying to build an ele that will be good in WvW for support, but also be usable for smaller scale havoc and roaming. I don't have the Maklain's armor set and it looks like I would have to grind in HoT opening Airshop Cargo until that hot place below freezes over to get 6 of those ascended goodies.

If Celestial isn't that great (and I don't really see how a balance of stats across all things can be), then can someone tell me what the best stats to use for something like an auramancer that can also be used for decent roaming?

Cheers.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:I get told from time to time from different people that Celestial is a good way to go. I can never really get a good reason for this... and the people that say it typically do NOT run celestial gear. I'm trying to build an ele that will be good in WvW for support, but also be usable for smaller scale havoc and roaming. I don't have the Maklain's armor set and it looks like I would have to grind in HoT opening Airshop Cargo until that hot place below freezes over to get 6 of those ascended goodies.

If Celestial isn't that great (and I don't really see how a balance of stats across all things can be), then can someone tell me what the best stats to use for something like an auramancer that can also be used for decent roaming?

Cheers.

For me it was a catch all for Ele. I was able to be somewhat tanky until I got better with positioning while hitting somewhat better than a wet noodle. It allows you to experiment with condi, power and more heal. But it does none well,

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:I get told from time to time from different people that Celestial is a good way to go. I can never really get a good reason for this... and the people that say it typically do NOT run celestial gear. I'm trying to build an ele that will be good in WvW for support, but also be usable for smaller scale havoc and roaming. I don't have the Maklain's armor set and it looks like I would have to grind in HoT opening Airshop Cargo until that hot place below freezes over to get 6 of those ascended goodies.

Cheers.

Hard to say with PoF since eles did get the staff (hue hue hue) when it comes to water field support in zergs, but I think there is that that glassy build with half marauders and valk/zerk or w.e.

The only thing you need with celestial to work is being able to stack might well enough...and charged quartz shards for the armor if you craft it. Luckily wintersday gifts have a pretty good chance to drop em.

@SloRules.3560 said:Ascended is tier of armor. Minstrel is type. But you have to know that auramancer is currently inferior to firebrand in pretty much every way(like every other support). A lot of eles are running weaver dps currently and with this amount of pirateshiping it's not bad.

Yep I know ascended/exotic... I was just wondering which stats would be good.. but maybe I'll just keep my ele as the power build it has instead of building a support build. I may or may not fix up my other guard to be a firebrand. Thanks.

Celestial is good for Tempest because that spec adds a lot of healing options, the damage is not great. It can be useful for zerging, and in some small group fights. Weaver is mostly played as a purely offensive spec from what I have seen, and it is very similar to how ele was played pre-HoT. The problem is nowadays the power creep and strength of condition builds make it very difficult to run glass cannon on a class that has the lowest base HP and armor. In the past it was easier because you relied more on proper positioning and class balance was not so ridiculously bad as it is now.

Ele used to be my main class in WvW, and I really hate its current status in WvW. It is just not fun to play anymore for me.Either you go full glass and die in 1-2 hits, or you go full healbot and bore yourself to death.

Archived