Stuck In Walls Becomming More Frequent

Trevor Boyer.6524

Lately I see someone getting stuck in a wall about 1/4 games that I play.Not sure if the engine is creating this or if players are actually figuring out how to do it on purpose.But for the love of god, is there nothing that can be done to at least quick patch this problem so it isn't happen so frequently?It would also help if /stuck command was lowered to 20s or 15s instead of 30s. 30s is a big punishment during a ranked match.Some of us don't have fast enough of CPUs to log out and back in quickly enough to get around the /stuck command.

It's not even just walls anymore. Last game I had a DH pull me up an incline on forest and my feet clipped into the hill and I got stuck.Sometimes I'll see people get pulled or knocked back on flat terrain and somehow get launched like 2000 range vertically into the air and die from fall damage.But yeah, it's just happening too frequently. Might want to figure out a way to nerf wall stuck play.

I believe players are starting to do it on purpose. Especially in ranked. If you can get one (or more) of your opponents stuck in something, that can give your team a distinct advantage. I don't see it often thankfully.

Of course, there are the instances where you just dodge at the wrong place and fall into a spot where you can't get out either (two spots come to mind, one on Temple, one on Coliseum). Which is just a map flaw. Just needs an invisible wall to correct it.

So...little of both.

• ArenaNet Staff

We have a change to knockbacks and pulls going in on Friday that should reduce the frequency of this. The speed at which the player is knocked back/pulled is being reduced a bit.

Players may still get stuck sometimes, so it's not a silver bullet. But we think it'll decrease the chances by quite a lot.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We have a change to knockbacks and pulls going going in on Friday that should reduce the frequency of this. The speed at which the player is knocked back/pulled is being reduced a bit.

Players may still get stuck sometimes, so it's not a silver bullet. But we think it'll decrease the chances by quite a lot.

Thank the maker, but no offense, this took way too long with barely any responses on the matter. Does it take winning a monthy tournament to get dev attention around here because it seems to be the case?

Also make so that revenants can't sword #3 themself trough the opposite teams door in Battle of Champion's Dusk.Happened to me once. I had a revenant on me and tried to escape through the door that only my team can enter but the revenant came through, thanks to attacking me with Unrelenting Assault at the same time i passed through the door.Gotta say he looked a bit confused for a few sec.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We have a change to knockbacks and pulls going in on Friday that should reduce the frequency of this. The speed at which the player is knocked back/pulled is being reduced a bit.

Any chance you could also look at more than a straight linear pull/knockback?

For example, engineer's overcharged shot launches foes, and I don't think I've ever heard of somebody getting stuck from a launch. Even a slight amount of verticality to pulls should help with some of the problem.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We have a change to knockbacks and pulls going in on Friday that should reduce the frequency of this. The speed at which the player is knocked back/pulled is being reduced a bit.

Any chance you could also look at more than a straight linear pull/knockback?

For example, engineer's overcharged shot
launches
foes, and I don't think I've ever heard of somebody getting stuck from a launch. Even a slight amount of verticality to pulls should help with some of the problem.

Launches don't cause the problem because launches are very low velocity. The problem occurs with high velocity punts or pulls.

trust me, a lot of players started abusing this bug in last weeks (looking at you DH mains, not only you play noob trap build but you are exploiting now as well ? :P )I just wonder what Anet has rewritten in code to make this possible out of a suddenThank Grenth i am playing thief and can steal/port out of it

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived