Gifts of Explorations and others

Noa.7490

Here's the silly question of the day: Some of my toons have completed 100% map completion and others maps such as those in HoT. Every time I get one of those Gifts of Exploration, Gift of the Fleet, Gift of Tarir and some others. I have no desire to craft legendary weapons or armors, so is there a useful way to dispose of those other than just deleting them?

@Noa.7490 said:Here's the silly question of the day: Some of my toons have completed 100% map completion and others maps such as those in HoT. Every time I get one of those Gifts of Exploration, Gift of the Fleet, Gift of Tarir and some others. I have no desire to craft legendary weapons or armors, so is there a useful way to dispose of those other than just deleting them?

You can sell them too (gift of exploration), it can be liquidated into gold by producing a legendary, there is a theoretical price for some account bound items like that... As someone that frequently buys world comps off players, probably best thing u can do by making personal gold in-game for it if you dont make a legendary with it

• 3 years later...
13 minutes ago, fkungfu shadow.9432 said:

Once  you complete a map. How do  you get another gift of exploration on the same character?

You can't, you'll need another character.

You get two Gifts of Exploration for doing world completion on the base game maps and 1 of each of the Gifts for HoT or PoF maps, after that you'll need to use another character if you want more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/20/2017 at 12:15 AM, DeanBB.4268 said:

Did anyone else notice that collective gasp from GW2 hoarders everywhere? 😲

This is an mmo. In gamer circles, you're the odd one if you don't horde~.

Also, GOE and this stuff I wouldn't call this hording. You never know if you don't want to craft a Legendary and having these things already is very useful and time-saving.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

You can't, you'll need another character.

You get two Gifts of Exploration for doing world completion on the base game maps and 1 of each of the Gifts for HoT or PoF maps, after that you'll need to use another character if you want more.

Okay,.,, but I remember only getting one gift of exploration upon completion of the HOT map.. maybe I should look again in my inventory, but as I recall I only got one. 

thanks,

3 minutes ago, fkungfu shadow.9432 said:

Okay,.,, but I remember only getting one gift of exploration upon completion of the HOT map.. maybe I should look again in my inventory, but as I recall I only got one. 

thanks,

HoT and core Tyria gifts of exploration are different. They’re also used for very different legendaries. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, fkungfu shadow.9432 said:

thanks,

That's what I was trying to explain, but I guess I didn't word it very well: core game maps work differently to HoT and PoF maps.

Completing 1 base game map doesn't give you any gifts (you get some random items and either transmutation charges or a black lion key) but completing all of them gives you 2 Gifts of Exploration which are used to make generation 1 legendaries.

Completing each HoT and PoF map gives you a map specific gift. The 4 HoT ones combine to give the Gift of Maguuma and the 4 PoF ones give the Gift of the Desert.

I guess you only get 1 of each of the expansion gifts because it's only 4 maps, instead of 25 maps and 6 cities like base game world completion does.

But in both cases (base game or expansion gifts) there is no way to repeat the process on the same character. If you want more gifts you will need to use a different character.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1